Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 03:55 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,730,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenorSax83 View Post
Uhhhhhh: they're worth protecting when they're on a date that you asked them out on.
......if I've decided I want to see them again. I'm not going to get super protective over some stranger I have no interest in seeing again. If I see something happen to them, I'll call 911 but will not get physically involved and get killed over nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 04:02 AM

366 posts, read 410,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
......if I've decided I want to see them again. I'm not going to get super protective over some stranger I have no interest in seeing again. If I see something happen to them, I'll call 911 but will not get physically involved and get killed over nothing.
Wow.

You wouldn't help a fellow human being?

If I was ending a date with a man and he was suddenly attacked outside his car, I would call 911 and help him. What is wrong with you?

Old 02-19-2015, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpa View Post
Wow.

You wouldn't help a fellow human being?

If I was ending a date with a man and he was suddenly attacked outside his car, I would call 911 and help him. What is wrong with you?
I said I would call 911, but risk getting myself killed? Hell no. I'm not going to risk my life to save a stranger.

Old 02-19-2015, 04:15 AM

Quote:
I said I would call 911, but risk getting myself killed? Hell no. I'm not going to risk my life to save a stranger.
Call 911 and then just watch a woman get attacked? You don't have to take a bullet for her, but do SOMETHING.

Ugh if this is the modern man I'm going for women.

Old 02-19-2015, 04:57 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,736,850 times
Quote:
How very decent of you to do the very basics

Old 02-19-2015, 06:51 AM

788 posts, read 1,271,502 times
I'm extremely independent and don't "need" a man, but I like a man who is protective enough to care. To me, I sense that he values me.

I had an amazing first date with a guy I really liked over a year ago. We completely hit it off, spent most of the day together, even though that wasn't the plan, then he just let me walk home alone at night. We were on a street in our city that I was unfamiliar with and didn't realize it came to a deadend. He knew it and let me walk the wrong direction (he saw the direction I was going)! He said absolutely nothing and let me go on my way into a dark deadend. That was a red flag right there. Things with him only got worse and I realized more and more that he would never be protective of me because he didn't value me.

Any guy who's been protective of me has valued me. And you know what? I returned the favor by being protective in my own way. Protection is a two-way street.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:23 AM

321 posts, read 292,662 times
Quote:
Wait, you'd seriously let a woman you're out with get accosted right and front of you and step back and call the police and let it happen? I hope you're not serious. I hope that if you actually found yourself in this situation you'd react differently.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:41 AM

914 posts, read 765,747 times
Quote:

What would you do while you're waiting on the police to arrive?

Last edited by TenorSax83; 02-19-2015 at 08:01 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 02-19-2015, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenorSax83 View Post

What would you do while you're waiting on the police to arrive?
He'd probably leave.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustelid1971 View Post
Wait, you'd seriously let a woman you're out with get accosted right and front of you and step back and call the police and let it happen? I hope you're not serious. I hope that if you actually found yourself in this situation you'd react differently.
Let's review the risks of me getting involved.

- dude could have a gun and have no problem shooting a black man like most of the country
- if dude gets hurt by me, he could sue me for injuries I inflicted
- if a third person comes on the scene, and I'm directly involved in the matter, that person could think I'm the starter of the whole mess and cops could take me to jail

One think risking that for my momma and my friends, I will not risk it for a stranger. BTW I've probably been in more violent situations than most on this forum so you are listening to a voice of experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships