Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 08:47 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,289,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolann25 View Post
I never had a problem until recently when so much has change with him. He has a new hairstyle...interest in designer items that were never a priority (he always made fun of friends and family who were into that) a new sports car....what am I to think? I cannot get anything from him but defensive behavior
This actually sounds like it could also be just a mid life crisis. Sounds like my brother in law, it was a short lived phase that he grew out of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2015, 06:11 AM

30 posts, read 23,882 times
update. I tried to have a conversation with my husband about our current differences but got no where. He would not listen to my concerns. I asked him if he is going through problems that I should be aware of or if I can help in any way. I want the smiles to come back and the tension to go away. I was told there is no problem only me making something over nothing. So I guess his opinion is take the situation or leave ir.

Old 02-24-2015, 07:31 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,639,632 times
Quote:
update. I tried to have a conversation with my husband about our current differences but got no where. He would not listen to my concerns. I asked him if he is going through problems that I should be aware of or if I can help in any way. I want the smiles to come back and the tension to go away. I was told there is no problem only me making something over nothing. So I guess his opinion is take the situation or leave ir.
Has he always behaved this way when the two of you have an issue that needs to be discussed? Or is this new behavior?

Old 02-24-2015, 07:36 AM

30 posts, read 23,882 times
he would want to go in depth into issues fully if they were concerns for him..but not for me. this has always been the case

Old 02-24-2015, 07:36 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
he would want to go in depth into issues fully if they were concerns for him..but not for me. this has always been the case

Then why did you get married in the first place?

Old 02-24-2015, 09:24 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,430,401 times
Quote:
He told me after I had to get makeup off his shirt.
And you believed that was actually the source of the makeup?

Old 02-24-2015, 09:39 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,639,632 times
Quote:
Everyone is different. For me, this would be a huge problem. My needs and my feelings count too, or else I am not interested in maintaining the relationship.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:45 AM

511 posts, read 509,066 times
Quote:
You should really watch the employment advertisements and do his resume for him

If it pays more, and is less stressful, and it's almost done for them, he might leave his current position

And be happier...

Old 02-24-2015, 09:48 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsApt View Post
You should really watch the employment advertisements and do his resume for him

If it pays more, and is less stressful, and it's almost done for them, he might leave his current position

And be happier...

No enabling there.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:51 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Everyone is different. For me, this would be a huge problem. My needs and my feelings count too, or else I am not interested in maintaining the relationship.
Me, too. Relationships are a two way street.

OP - I guess you have some decisions to make. You can put your foot down and make him deal with this with you, you can leave, or you can just accept that this is how he is and continue on like you were before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships