Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 06:47 AM

1,178 posts, read 1,359,771 times

Advertisements

For me, I have dated a few guys who were a very few years younger than me. Personally, I don't think I will be involved with someone who is a lot younger than me. Sure the s-e-x may be great however I would feel like I was dating someone who is young enough to be my son and wouldn't feel very connected to him in many ways because of the age difference.

I wanted to share that my mom, however, is different....she is 80 years old and is dating a 62 year old man! He is two years younger than my ex husband. I try to be happy for her. She was with a man who was a couple of years younger than her and they were together for almost 20 years. He has a habit of getting involved with all the widows of the small town they live in. However, by "involved" he likes to visit the women around meal time to get home cooked meals, stretch out on their couch, watch football on their t.v.s and just "be" there without giving very much in return. My mom waited for years for something more serious to happen....it never did. The man never married and was very close to his mom. He was obviously looking for surrogate mothers. So if she is happy with her new boyfriend than I am happy for her. She is probably in better physical condition than I am. Just wish she wouldn't give me too many "details". She is still my mom and i don't need to hear all that stuff.

I do worry she may ending up getting hurt as she sounds so in love with this guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2015, 07:34 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times
She's 80. Do you really think she's going to find a lot of eligible men closer to her age? If she were 50 and he was 32, that would be one thing. But I think the older you get, the less an age gap matters.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:48 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
My grandmother is 89 and STILL talks all the time about men as if she were a 14-year-old. And she flirts hard.

But really, I don't think people think of cougars as being in their 80s and 90s. The men do it, too. Trust me, they're out there looking. That's just people reaching out for comfort and companionship. They're still people and they still have feelings.

So after starting with that story, I'm not sure where you want this thread to go, OP.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:54 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,283 times
When I was 23-26 (met my wife at 26) I was a bar fly...back in the mid 90s
and I LOVED older women...45 seemed to be the age LOL...

I met a lot of divorced women in mid 40's and as the op stated, the sex was off the charts phenominal...

Most of these women were just in it for the fun, a couple acted like girlfriends almost, and there was one or 2 that got serious...started talking about how my family would feel if we were married or whatever,,,

One women I will never forget, Karen...was 47 and I was 25...and I liked her a lot...falling for her for sure...and when it ended she told me she loved me, but it just couldn't happen, age difference, her kids liked me but her siblings thought I was after her money or something LOL...that was actually a rough break up, I was down for a while...will never forget her

sniffle

Old 02-28-2015, 08:03 AM

252 posts, read 348,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
My grandmother is 89 and STILL talks all the time about men as if she were a 14-year-old. And she flirts hard.

But really, I don't think people think of cougars as being in their 80s and 90s.
If they have money they do. (Click on link)

http://www.adforum.com/creative-work/ad/player/6062

Old 02-28-2015, 08:27 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresTheBeef View Post
Yeah, that's just a gold digger.

Old 02-28-2015, 03:28 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,359,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

But really, I don't think people think of cougars as being in their 80s and 90s. The men do it, too. Trust me, they're out there looking. That's just people reaching out for comfort and companionship. They're still people and they still have feelings.

So after starting with that story, I'm not sure where you want this thread to go, OP.
I don't care "where this thread goes" as long as we are all having fun and learning from one another and no feelings get unnecessarily hurt by doing so. Mainly human interest. I think it is interesting that women seem to be so much more assertive than they did years ago as far as being more in tune with their sexual needs. Also for years I always heard of older men/younger women and I think it is about time women took care of themselves as well. And there is a show about Cougar Women and many of those women are in their 70's and 80's. Although I just looked it up and it referred to women in their "late 30's, 40's and 50's". However.....when I talked to my mom and said "I got a Cougar mom!" to her, I wish you would have seen her face light up and heard her laugh!

Old 02-28-2015, 03:34 PM

102,185 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
One women I will never forget, Karen...was 47 and I was 25...and I liked her a lot...falling for her for sure...and when it ended she told me she loved me, but it just couldn't happen, age difference, her kids liked me but her siblings thought I was after her money or something LOL...that was actually a rough break up, I was down for a while...will never forget her

sniffle
Lucky, how would you have felt, marrying her, knowing you were foregoing the kids option? Just wondering. I know women who have married younger guys with a bigger age difference even than you give here, and they're happy. So it's definitely possible. Usually, a guy that much younger needs to talk the woman into it, though. He needs to show that he's serious, and in it for the long haul.

Old 02-28-2015, 04:47 PM

838 posts, read 1,352,943 times
I lost my virginity to a 42 year old women when I was 21. We were both so plastered at the bar she sang karaoke with me and some friends. Went back to her place and we didn't go to bed until 4am :-). That was 8 years ago and sometimes I still wonder where she's at now. Since then I have always been attracted to older women.

They tell you straight up what they want and most of the time don't play games.

Old 02-28-2015, 05:56 PM

833 posts, read 657,053 times
It is always better with the ones in their 40s. They have the experience and know what you can do and want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships