Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 11:02 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,639,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiannative91 View Post
please tell me how i can be firm about not being with him please i need all the help i can get
Don't show up or make any effort to let him know that you will not be there. He'll get the message loud and clear. This meeting is just another manipulation to make you do what he wants so don't do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2015, 11:10 AM

835 posts, read 659,226 times
OP no one can help you but yourself. You got beaten up but insist on seeing this person.

Get help while you still can. It is about you and not him. You have esteem issues leading to this. You take care.

Old 02-28-2015, 11:16 AM

324 posts, read 428,421 times
Quote:
i dont want to be helped thats why i'm asking for the help
Fair enough.

The only way to "solidify" that you are going your own way is to not meet up with him. There's absolutely no reason to meet up with him, seriously.

Old 02-28-2015, 11:33 AM

718 posts, read 616,848 times
There's only so much advice and support that can be given.

At some point, you're going to learn when you learn. If you need to get punched in the face a few more times before you realize it's time to go, then that is what needs to happen. I don't see why you keep returning to these forums, posting the same nonsense, only to read the same mundane advice.

You've admitted that you're not ready to help yourself. So, all that's left here is for that guy to do something to you that will finally knock some sense into you (pun intended). The straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak.

I don't mean to say that harshly. But I've been in this place. I got all advice in the world, everyone told me to walk away, but I kept with it. It wasn't until my world got turned upside down that I decided to walk away, once and for all. So just sit and wait for that catalyst because it's coming.

Until then, stop wasting everyones' time.

Old 02-28-2015, 11:41 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,756,131 times
A talk will fix all your problems I'm sure

Old 02-28-2015, 12:00 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,377,447 times
Quote:
there is no need to be rude
Sorry, ma'am, it wasn't my intention. Well, actually, it was. I was just trying to drive something home....

You know....go right ahead and "solidify" things with him. Wish you the best

Old 02-28-2015, 12:17 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,423,503 times
Quote:
hello everyone so i know you guys already know who i am and my whole ordeal but tonight we have decided to meet up for a talk just so soldify everything and let it be known that i will be going my own way

now my problem is he always finds a way to change my words around or convince me to stay

please tell me how i can be firm about not being with him please i need all the help i can get

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...rtner-you.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...-him-back.html
No need to talk! Let's face it, women TALK, men ACT. He knows the score, no need to talk...unless you WANT to get talked out of leaving....be honest with yourself.

Old 02-28-2015, 12:56 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,067,356 times
BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD idea.

There is nothing to solidify. Stay away from him.

Old 02-28-2015, 01:04 PM

128 posts, read 106,817 times
i just dont know what to do i feel bad because he came out for me

Old 02-28-2015, 01:10 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,202,296 times
Quote:
i just dont know what to do i feel bad because he came out for me
Yeah, and he beats the hell out of you as well. He needs help with his abusive behavior, and you need help getting your self-esteem and self-respect off the ground and learning to make better choices before you ruin your entire life over this guy.Work on self-improvement, and you may actually attract better partners. But that won't happen if you stay in neutral with this guy.

So, both of you need to stay away from one another. Or, as many here have said, get back with him and let him beat the hell out of you, but don't ask for advice if you know you won't listen, and the advice stays the same and you'll just have the same problems again in a week. It gets old, and starts to seem like attention-seeking / trolling after a while.

If you wanna keep seeing the guy fine, but don't whine about the abuse, because if you're going to stay, you have no right to complain or whine about it. Why? Because you already know what this guy is about. Him beating you comes with the package.

If you wanna leave, then you need to stay away from him, ignore him, talk to your parents, and stop coming up with excuses to talk to him again.

Those are the choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships