Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 01:34 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,896,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2014 View Post
I'm 44. Not 46 or 48, just to clarify that.

I understand all the points. However there are couples with more age gap: Bogie was 45 when he married Bacall at 20 for example.
But Bogie was Bogie. He was wealthy and had pizazz. Most older men don't. Also, Bogie met Bacall on a movie set. Not the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2015, 01:36 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
Best advice ever, and good luck with your 24 year old gap relationship. There are no rules when it comes to love.

I don't feel like a grandpa...at all...yet. In fact I look like a 30 year old.
Well, there are some rules - but I think what some of us are trying to point out to you is that this isn't love. You don't know her at all. Just keep that in mind when getting to know her if you get to know her.

Old 03-08-2015, 01:43 PM

914 posts, read 766,341 times
Op, you've been talking about this woman a lot, so when are you going to ask her out?

Old 03-08-2015, 02:51 PM

511 posts, read 509,193 times
Quote:
I'm 44. Not 46 or 48, just to clarify that.

I understand all the points. However there are couples with more age gap: Bogie was 45 when he married Bacall at 20 for example.
You will always find others doing something you want to justify, this means nothing...

You're just two years younger than me, so don't try to play games as if you are 25 (my sons age)

You're too old for this behavior

Old 03-08-2015, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Are we judgemental?

Ain't using anybody for anything...not for sex anyway.

I will be dead in 2 decades? Who knew?

People really need to understand there is no "written law" when it comes to dating. It all dependes on the people involved.
I didn't say anything about sex...
nor did I say you'd be dead in two decades, you know EXACTLY what I posted.
You will likely, statistic wise, be dead a good 20 years BEFORE HER
Leaving your beloved ALL ALONE

Mod cut.

Let her date people which are her own age and level, such as my 24 year old son.

Allow her a loved one that will be around as a life partner. When she is our age, she can advise her own child... due to her life experiences, this exact situation for her own child.

Let her be

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-13-2015 at 08:28 AM.. Reason: Rude.

Old 03-08-2015, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyga View Post
The idea of dating a 40 year old man scares the crap out of me. But I can acknowledge that I'm not every young female on this earth. My preferences are mine, and other girls may feel differently.

I will say, it is important to establish an interaction with this girl, before you ask her out. I had a lot of problems with older men approaching me and not knowing how to handle it. It mostly comes from the fact that I was conditioned to respect older men, and adults in general, so when they talk to me, I'm very nice, polite and respectful. That doesn't mean I want to get hit on or asked out. When it did happen, I would panic. Because I felt like I was being rude or disrespectful by saying 'no'.
You were taught correctly. Older people in their mid 40'should have the basic level of respect for you to not use you for their own self gratification. So what is happening is the respect IS NOT a two way street so that makes for an uncomfortable circumstance for you. It's not you.

He should be acting as a father figure to you, as by then, he has the wisdom and life experience to guide you correctly into what is best for you. And generally you honor that just as you were taught But sadly people are so selfish and into themselves now it gets thrown out the window. And young people nowadays get confused and cannot understand why they feel awkward so blame themselves when others are out of line. It's not you, he's a smuck

Last edited by MrsApt; 03-08-2015 at 03:10 PM..

Old 03-08-2015, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Well, it will have to wait because she wasn't there this week.

Time to regroup and rethink the strategy. I was thinking of inviting her for a juice bar nearby. No alcohol involved. Something in the lines of going on our own vehicles to the place. I think that way doesn't look creepy.
The fact you need to even worry that it looks creepy tells you IT IS CREEPY

And your re-thinking your strategy (your methodical scheme) only shows your character

Let her be

Old 03-08-2015, 03:56 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times
Quote:
Okay here's the deal, I like a young woman at church, she's 25 but it seems very mature for her age, a masters degree overseas. I'm 44. Some people say: age is a number, some will say age matters and she is too young for me because of the almost 20 years gap. She looks very feminine, not at all childish. A cute brunette very similar to Felicity Jones with a touch of Kate Mara.

I'm thinking a real relationship, a good one and a serious one. Marriage material if you like.

I haven't gone out with her yet, I just said "hi" recently after church and she was kind of surprised because she was talking with another lady. I'm baby face looking, some people say I look better now than when I was 20. Women compliment my eyes a lot.

So what do you think: too old? too young?

Go for it? Pass?

Thanks.
Forget all the technical stuff. Does she know you exist and does she like you?

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-13-2015 at 08:29 AM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 03-08-2015, 04:39 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsApt View Post
Um...duh. Her father. The thread is about you and her, not me.

But by the way, you ARE OLDER than my father was when I was 25

Nice attempt to play ignorant though

Again, let her be

I understand it's about ME and her (I dunno your age sweetie)...but still to have a kid at that age now...I had to be married at 20. Not a common scenario. Duh.

I can "scratch" the surface and see what happens.

Old 03-08-2015, 04:41 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Well, there are some rules - but I think what some of us are trying to point out to you is that this isn't love. You don't know her at all. Just keep that in mind when getting to know her if you get to know her.
Yes I understand that...and that's the idea of going out: know each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships