Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 09:55 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,397,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
That's great for you. Most people don't.
Well, still I think she doesn't update often...

I'll try to make the move tonight

Anyway, I just recently "dated" (we just went out really, no holding hands or anything) a 28 year old, so it's no THAT weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2015, 10:07 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,215,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2014 View Post
Well, still I think she doesn't update often...

I'll try to make the move tonight

Anyway, I just recently "dated" (we just went out really, no holding hands or anything) a 28 year old, so it's no THAT weird.
Did she consider it dating? It sounds like you were just friends if you didn't even hold her hand.

A woman in her 20's dating a man in his 40's isn't that weird - but it's not that common either. To be perfectly honest, the age gap is beside the point, to me. You have designated this woman as marriage material and have set your sights on her - but you don't know her at all. So, that's a little odd. But then you make a comment to her about her Facebook page - when you don't know her at all and you aren't friends with her on Facebook - so I would say that wasn't the best thing to do.

There is nothing wrong with getting to know her. Just don't be upset if she doesn't view you as someone she would date because of the age difference or simply because she isn't attracted to you - and don't be upset if she doesn't turn out to be the woman that you have made her into in your head.

Old 03-07-2015, 11:20 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,911,078 times
Quote:
If you aren't friends with her, then your message probably ended up in her "other" mailbox and a lot of people never check that mailbox. You need to be friends with her first in order for her to see your messages for sure.
I always check my "other" mailbox because I always have messages but most of the time it's by strange guys who think I am pretty and those get deleted. I actually changed my photo to a popular animated show so I won't be bombarded by those messages. Most women I know do the same thing on Facebook. Even when I was seeking a man I never used Facebook in that way.

Old 03-07-2015, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I always check my "other" mailbox because I always have messages but most of the time it's by strange guys who think I am pretty and those get deleted. I actually changed my photo to a popular animated show so I won't be bombarded by those messages. Most women I know do the same thing on Facebook. Even when I was seeking a man I never used Facebook in that way.
I rarely check my other mailbox.

Old 03-07-2015, 11:50 AM

48,581 posts, read 35,016,111 times
There is another mailbox? Live and learn.

To the OP, you can argue Dew's advice to you, but I agree with all of her points. I'll add that I never wanted to date someone that much older than me. Think about it in the reverse.... do you want to date a 60 year old woman who looks good for her age?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-07-2015, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Did she consider it dating? It sounds like you were just friends if you didn't even hold her hand.

A woman in her 20's dating a man in his 40's isn't that weird - but it's not that common either. To be perfectly honest, the age gap is beside the point, to me. You have designated this woman as marriage material and have set your sights on her - but you don't know her at all. So, that's a little odd. But then you make a comment to her about her Facebook page - when you don't know her at all and you aren't friends with her on Facebook - so I would say that wasn't the best thing to do.

There is nothing wrong with getting to know her. Just don't be upset if she doesn't view you as someone she would date because of the age difference or simply because she isn't attracted to you - and don't be upset if she doesn't turn out to be the woman that you have made her into in your head.
It was just 2 dates or so...with the 28 year old gal. Dates or not...I'm subtle when it comes to the first set of dates.

The "marriage material" thing was perhaps misunderstood, yes I don't know her very well, but you gotta start somewhere, and I'm based on what I heard about her, she's very close to her parents, not clubbing much, not into the whole heavy partying thing, that's what I'm told, but I need of course to talk to her. Yes the mention of her facebook, may be interpreted as creepy and was off, but it isn't that weird because we share a lot of friends in common (like 20, most of the church), so it's likely I was just looking at one of our common friends FB and saw her pics. Nothin' strange there.

Sometimes is hard to come up with a good plan to start a conversation really, but who knows...I'll try to wait for her today after mass.

I think, maybe I'm over reacting, she was a little bit surprised in a good way because I compliment her. The age thing is really not that far fetched. She most likely don't know my age and for the looks, I look like 30 something really.

Yes, I tend to elaborate and fall in love with "ideas". My imagination runs wild often and that becomes my worst enemy. Sometimes reality hits hard.

But it's part of the game so to speak. You fall, you learn, you pick yourself up, you let go...

Always on the move...

Old 03-07-2015, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
There is another mailbox? Live and learn.

To the OP, you can argue Dew's advice to you, but I agree with all of her points. I'll add that I never wanted to date someone that much older than me. Think about it in the reverse.... do you want to date a 60 year old woman who looks good for her age?
A 60 year old is the same as a 40? Damn...I dunno

I know a couple of 50 year old "golden girls" who can still rock the boat you know.

Old 03-07-2015, 03:37 PM

Quote:
It was just 2 dates or so...with the 28 year old gal. Dates or not...I'm subtle when it comes to the first set of dates.

The "marriage material" thing was perhaps misunderstood, yes I don't know her very well, but you gotta start somewhere, and I'm based on what I heard about her, she's very close to her parents, not clubbing much, not into the whole heavy partying thing, that's what I'm told, but I need of course to talk to her. Yes the mention of her facebook, may be interpreted as creepy and was off, but it isn't that weird because we share a lot of friends in common (like 20, most of the church), so it's likely I was just looking at one of our common friends FB and saw her pics. Nothin' strange there.

Sometimes is hard to come up with a good plan to start a conversation really, but who knows...I'll try to wait for her today after mass.

I think, maybe I'm over reacting, she was a little bit surprised in a good way because I compliment her. The age thing is really not that far fetched. She most likely don't know my age and for the looks, I look like 30 something really.

Yes, I tend to elaborate and fall in love with "ideas". My imagination runs wild often and that becomes my worst enemy. Sometimes reality hits hard.

But it's part of the game so to speak. You fall, you learn, you pick yourself up, you let go...

Always on the move...
From my personal experience, thinking you know someone or thinking you know what they are like when you really don't know them at all can really come back to bite you in the butt. Sometimes it's disappointing when people don't live up to your expectations of them - and it also makes it harder to know what they are really like because you've already assumed what they are like.

And as for not looking your age - well it doesn't really matter how old you look. You are how old you are. When I was 13, I looked like I was 17 or 18 but I still couldn't drive a car. Like I've said - your age might not be a big deal to her. But it might be.

Quote:
A 60 year old is the same as a 40? Damn...I dunno

I know a couple of 50 year old "golden girls" who can still rock the boat you know.
So you don't think that a 60 year old is the same as a 40 year old - but you think that a 28 year old is the same as a 44 year old?

Old 03-07-2015, 03:54 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,667,036 times
I am 43. I would have nothing in common with a woman in her 20's. We would be in such different places in life and experience. I think it would be worse for her. She has yet to experience many of things in life you have already done.

Old 03-07-2015, 04:34 PM

3,055 posts, read 2,939,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
I don't know why people are giving the OP crap. Would you be saying this stuff if there wasn't an age difference? Probably not.

Leave him alone and let him do what he wants. I'm sure everyone has idealized a person we were crushing on from time to time. If you say you haven't, you are either a robot or a liar.

Skywalker, I wish you luck. May the force be with you. (Sorry, I had to say it )
I don't know what all the crap's about either. Some of these people seem to have a problem with the OP saying he's interested in this woman because of how she looks--uh, YEAH, THAT'S USUALLY HOW IT STARTS. It seems like some people just like to give other people a hard time.

I wish you the best, skywalker. May God's will be done.

By the way, I'm in a relationship with someone who's 24 years older than me (and I look younger and he looks older). We're getting married in October.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships