Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 07:45 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times

Advertisements

What It's Like To Be Hopelessly Addicted To The Woman You Love

As anyone who has read my posts here can conclude, I have some very strong opinions about is article. However, I'm going to table them and let CD nation sound off first. I'm at home on a snow day, thanks Obama, and am curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 07:49 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,024,007 times
Oh Dis, don't lead us on! Give us your opinion (which I can certainly guess at) to provide a little more direction to the discussion!

Old 03-05-2015, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Oh Dis, don't lead us on! Give us your opinion (which I can certainly guess at) to provide a little more direction to the discussion!
Okay my opinion. This article puts extreme thirst and desperation on front window display. End of opinion.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:21 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times
I would have no way of knowing what it is like to be addicted to a person.
I am only addicted to tobacco and coffee and that is more than enough to deal with on a daily basis.
I love Mr. CSD very much but I am not addicted to him and we have been together for a long time.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:25 AM

20,767 posts, read 19,988,136 times
Awww, Dissss. Always so negative.

I am like the article describes and it is scary. Scary because if the other person is not honest or as much in love as I am, I end up getting hurt really badly. So I have tried to fall in love a little less, use my brain a little more and give less but then something is missing and it just doesn't work. It's all or nothing for me.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:37 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,647,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
What It's Like To Be Hopelessly Addicted To The Woman You Love

As anyone who has read my posts here can conclude, I have some very strong opinions about is article. However, I'm going to table them and let CD nation sound off first. I'm at home on a snow day, thanks Obama, and am curious.
I couldn't take the article seriously. True addiction means a loss of control. People who are addicted to drugs or alcohol will risk their careers, their relationships, even their lives just to score the next hit. But I've yet to meet anyond who was so madly in love with a woman that they stopped going to work, sold all their possessions, or cut off their family for the sake of a woman. Yes, some people get carried away. They spend too much time thinking about their partner and let their lives revolve around her. I don't see that as addiction. I see it more as a sign of an insecure male who thinks he's in constant danger of losing this woman. It also looks like a man who has nothing else in his life that he values.

By the way, what does Obama have to do with you being home on a snow day? Did he make it snow?

Old 03-05-2015, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I couldn't take the article seriously. True addiction means a loss of control. People who are addicted to drugs or alcohol will risk their careers, their relationships, even their lives just to score the next hit. But I've yet to meet anyond who was so madly in love with a woman that they stopped going to work, sold all their possessions, or cut off their family for the sake of a woman. Yes, some people get carried away. They spend too much time thinking about their partner and let their lives revolve around her. I don't see that as addiction. I see it more as a sign of an insecure male who thinks he's in constant danger of losing this woman. It also looks like a man who has nothing else in his life that he values.

By the way, what does Obama have to do with you being home on a snow day? Did he make it snow?
My company follows federal govt scheduling and the Feds are closed in DC. BTW I like Obama.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:40 AM

20,767 posts, read 19,988,136 times
Snowbama!

Old 03-05-2015, 08:56 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
To me, he's describing the initials stages of a relationship when you are falling in love with someone and can't think straight. This stage, in my experience, doesn't last all that long. When it ends - you are either in love and in a more secure place or you are not in love and move on. However, I agree with DennyCrane - it's not like addiction. He's being overdramatic about it and comparing it to something that I don't think it's really akin to. But that's just my opinion. Falling in love can be really scary - it leaves you completely vulnerable. It's also the most wonderful thing in the world. And if it's with the right person - you're not screwed.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:05 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,727,352 times
Hearing about things like that makes me shake my head.

It's sad.

But like other people have said, it's just a phase and the guy describing it is probably just in a phase. It's really easy to confuse infatuation with love. It happens all the time. As far as I am concerned....I wouldn't want to get like that because it basically imply that I have codependency issues and that I feel incomplete without that person which is simply not true. I refuse to allow someone to have that much control over me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships