Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 07:51 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,073,450 times

Advertisements

It definitely got easier for me as I got older. I'd rather be alone than deal with the BS that comes with some people. I don't think I hurt less, per se, but I am quicker to understand what isn't working and to let it go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2015, 06:16 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,537,107 times
23 is "older" than what? a toddler?

Old 03-13-2015, 06:25 PM

41 posts, read 32,224 times
It's amazing how much of a difference it is when we're younger (late teens) to early adulthood (mid 20s) and we notice how much less B.S we put up with. I remember when I was 17-18 I would put up with just about anything just to be with a girl now that I'm almost 25 I just look and realize that I don't have time for it. I know I'm still somewhat young (though I don't consider myself young lol) I know exactly what I want out of a partner. However, if I feel like they're wasting my time I won't stick around for long and just end it there.

Old 03-14-2015, 07:51 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,747,591 times
I'm probably one of the oldest subscribers to CD and, in my ancient opinion, it's WAY easier to let relationships go the older you get. Unless you have masochistic tendencies, you start to realize that time is precious and that there's simply no point in wasting it on drama-laden, depressing and unfulfilling relationships.

Old 03-14-2015, 07:21 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,275,403 times
For me it's easier. I'm not young and dumb anymore and have no time for b.s. The
Moment sh** starts stinking I have no problem walking away.

Old 03-15-2015, 07:44 AM

1,178 posts, read 1,362,255 times
It is so much easier to let go of a relationship when you are still single than it is to let go after you are married and realize you made a mistake and want out.
I had difficulty letting go of some of my relationships however, am grateful I finally "got it" because had I not done so, my daughter may never have been born. That is only one of the reasons. Relationships take work and should be 50/50, When you are arguing, depressed, and the differences between you become so great that they are hard to ignore, I think it is time to think about moving on. If you are hanging on to someone and are miserable that isn't a good way to be and only prolongs the misery you are feeling.
Life is short and do whatever you can to be happy.

Old 03-15-2015, 07:50 AM

30,904 posts, read 36,995,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psichick View Post
It definitely got easier for me as I got older. I'd rather be alone than deal with the BS that comes with some people. I don't think I hurt less, per se, but I am quicker to understand what isn't working and to let it go.
Same for me.

Old 03-17-2015, 11:38 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,807,496 times
I find it just the opposite. I had a 30 year relationship that I had to walk away from. With age comes wisdom and the inability to tolerate bull crap. That and I don't have time for games. I can easily walk away from a relationship that causes me too much grief. There are so many good people that I would rather get to know then spend a minute on dysfunctional. I have this weird thing about me that I never cry when a loved one dies. I accept it and move on very quickly. Too many terminal weans at work and watching so many people expire over the years has hardened me in a way. There's only one person in my universe that has the power to bring me to my knees. I only hope that I leave first. I would not survive that loss. Everyone else, while still great joys, are also replaceable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships