Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 05:36 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,757,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I thought you got at least one date from there. You weren't even on there for very long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Just 2 matches and their phone voice sounded horrible
The dreaded Rule Book attached to, "The World According to FBJ" fouled things up yet again. And there you were so excited about March coming along which was going to be a dating bonanza. Back to Craigslist and "Pay For Play" ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2015, 06:05 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,020,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
The dreaded Rule Book attached to, "The World According to FBJ" fouled things up yet again. And there you were so excited about March coming along which was going to be a dating bonanza. Back to Craigslist and "Pay For Play" ...

There goes March!

Old 03-12-2015, 01:06 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,507,880 times
Quote:
I had no luck on Tinder so to think I would pay $20 to never have someone swipe me is just crazy. lol
Allegedly, the thirst is very real and I bet Tinder Inc did its homework.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:00 AM

252 posts, read 349,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpasa View Post
Most dating sites let you enter your profile without any charge, but you can't meet somebody without paying, is that right?

I'm not asking about Zoosk because I decided not to try it.
As I said in another post, I'm a bit of a computer geek and used to be a pretty good cyber stalker too. No, I wouldn't show up on people's doorsteps, I just did it for fun.

Once as a Match subscription was expiring, I got a wink from someone who looked attractive and was a teacher (I tend to get along with teachers for some reason) and another one who was, well, plus sized but had a pretty face and was a social worker (I have a soft spot for dogooders).

I suspected that Match was jerking me around. I tried to contact the plus sized woman on POF and she kept ignoring me. I also tried to contact her on another site and she said "I don't know who you are, but please stop contacting me." LOL

For the other one, I used my cyber stalking skills to contact her outside of match through her work email. A buddy's wife laughed and said I probably freaked her out. I'm sure she was correct, but I didn't really care. I knew match was jerking me around and I wasn't going to pay another $30 just to get nothing out of it.

Oh, I did that several other times on my own without being prompted by match and once got my head ripped off about how rude I was and how I was invading someone's space. I didn't care --- if she didn't have a sense of humor about it, she's probably not going to be for me anyway.

So, yeah, there is a way to contact without paying but don't expect too much to come of it.

Old 03-12-2015, 06:54 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,069,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
Allegedly, the thirst is very real and I bet Tinder Inc did its homework.
POF will be my main site since I am currently going out with someone from there. Tinder and OKC are the worst sites for me and have no more use for them.

Old 03-12-2015, 07:19 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,629,059 times
Quote:
POF will be my main site since I am currently going out with someone from there. Tinder and OKC are the worst sites for me and have no more use for them.
I know it's only March but I've only met one guy so far (from OKC). This might be the year that I give up online dating. I have seen it work for my friends, but maybe it's not for me.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:14 PM

41 posts, read 32,245 times
I feel like these OLD are starting to become pointless and difficult to rely on. Of course, I have gotten a couple of dates out of them although the women were much more complicated in person once we met. I once felt that a girl was going to assault me because I didn't want her to pay for her meal and she literally shoved the money into my hands and said "take it!". Then the last one who threw mixed signals left and right as if she was coaching the NFL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships