Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 12:00 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times

Advertisements

Problems like these are the reason I prefer masturbation. I don't have anyone critcizing me so that works.

Old 05-20-2015, 01:21 PM

659 posts, read 1,102,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthlesshuman View Post
I think if someone were to tell me this, my self esteem would be crushed. And you said he's a shy guy, so obviously he already has low self esteem. I wouldn't tell him, directly at least. At the most I would hint at it. Sex isn't everything. Learn to pleasure yourself. I've done it all my life.

I mean if it's really important to you, tell him, but man.... he's gonna lose his manhood big time...
Dude. DUDE.

First off, shy does not necessarily mean low self esteem, he may just be more of an introvert. That's not a bad thing unless it means you're too wrapped up in yourself to meet your partner's needs.

Anyway, assuming the relationship is serious and lasts for any decent amount of time, the topic is eventually going to come up. If you think it's going to be hard for him to hear that he hasn't been getting her off for the last 3-4 months or so, how do you think he'll handle realizing he hasn't gotten her across the finish line in 10 years? Or worse, to learn that she took his advice about taking responsibility for her own orgasms by finding a guy who could give her one?

If he can't handle hearing a harsh truth about himself and working to improve it, I'd say he doesn't have that much manhood to lose in the first place.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:08 AM

5,401 posts, read 6,531,949 times
Great sex is not just about the destination, but the journey as well. Some people do not get that or do not care much about experiencing the journey. You can not get wild passion from a passion-less person. Or he is simply selfish & who wants a selfish lover?

Old 05-21-2015, 11:30 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,410,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by historyfan View Post
Great sex is not just about the destination, but the journey as well. Some people do not get that or do not care much about experiencing the journey. You can not get wild passion from a passion-less person. Or he is simply selfish & who wants a selfish lover?

oh brother...

abc should hire you to write dialogue for those bachelor/bachelorette shows

just throw in a few "amazings" in the mix and you're gold

Old 05-21-2015, 04:02 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
To sum up the last several posts:

There's a difference between cluelessly terrible in bed, and willfully terrible. The former is usually willing to learn, the latter isn't. The latter is a huge red flag. It really says something about his character.

Exactly!

Although, I also know men who want to please their partners, and it's the woman who isn't forthcoming about what gets her off. She's too shy/embarassed/uncomfortable with her body, yet is still blaming him for it. A 'bff' of mine was like this with her ex, and eventually realized what a mistake she had made.

Old 05-21-2015, 04:59 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,531,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post

oh brother...

abc should hire you to write dialogue for those bachelor/bachelorette shows

just throw in a few "amazings" in the mix and you're gold

Jeez. It's tricky to write about curl your toes sex and keep it PG.

Old 05-21-2015, 05:01 PM

625 posts, read 624,214 times
If he's still "bad" honey, it's on you at this point.

If you can come on here and tell us, you should be able to show & tell the guy you are sleeping with what's what.

Maybe you're not so good in bed yourself?

Old 05-24-2015, 03:43 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,219,158 times
I tried, very gently and after reading many Cosmo articles to "help" a lover be a better kisser. I can deal with bad sex much better than bad kissing. Yea, crushed him, made him very self aware etc.
And honestly I think somethings you can fix and some things you can't. Think about it. Please touch me here vs. please touch me like this. They may be able to do the former but not the latter.
Good luck.

Old 05-24-2015, 10:34 PM

720 posts, read 500,821 times
Damn. Yeah, I gotta go with what an earlier poster said: there's a difference between being clueless and bad in bed. Clueless is what we all were in our 20s. I still wish I could send the first three chicks I ever had sex white roses as an apology for the bad oral and four minutes of awkward thrusting I put them through. But eventually I picked up a book or two, and got with a girl who was willing to, uh, teach me the ropes, and I've been good ever since (now I'm up to seven minutes!).

You might have to try to have a very frank conversation with him, and if he isn't willing to improve, I don't see your relationship lasting...at least not without a battery-operated device...

Old 05-25-2015, 12:12 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,499,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmil View Post
Damn. Yeah, I gotta go with what an earlier poster said: there's a difference between being clueless and bad in bed. Clueless is what we all were in our 20s. I still wish I could send the first three chicks I ever had sex white roses as an apology for the bad oral and four minutes of awkward thrusting I put them through. But eventually I picked up a book or two, and got with a girl who was willing to, uh, teach me the ropes, and I've been good ever since (now I'm up to seven minutes!).

You might have to try to have a very frank conversation with him, and if he isn't willing to improve, I don't see your relationship lasting...at least not without a battery-operated device...
Nah, don't do that. It wasn't all on you. What works for one woman probably won't for for others. Which gets a chuckle from me when a woman claims to want a guy "with experience". Not sure what that nets you, because what works for a guy and the last partner may not for later partners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships