Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 06:23 PM

783 posts, read 849,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
You must've rejected her for her to say that.
No, that was the first and only communication we had. She turned off her profile after sending it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 06:23 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
No, that was the first and only communication we had. She turned off her profile after sending it.
Then she's a drama queen.

Old 03-24-2015, 06:26 PM

783 posts, read 849,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Why do you have that article on your profile?
I found the article to be a positive one that doesn't stereotype women into looking like a barbie doll. It doesn't talk about what a woman should look like but how a great woman views life and acts. It also helps that the article was written by a woman.

Old 03-24-2015, 06:29 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Your short profile is too long
Your humor is not funny
I could care less if your chest is bigger than your ass, you present arrogantly with an ego bigger than the blue full moon.
Your Myers Briggs personality profile means nothing on paper (so to speak) because I can read all day and still not know who you are.
If you think I need to read an article about the kind of woman you want to date you are not going to be put on a low spot on a remote possibility list.
I don't need words to tell me if you are the kind of guy I want to date and possibly have a relationship with.
I need the real man in the flesh so I can discover and experience who you are, how you are and see if I want to date you or have a relationship with you.

I also find it unbelieveable that in the entire area of Missoula you cannot find one person in real life (not online dating) to ask out on a date.

Old 03-24-2015, 06:31 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
I found the article to be a positive one that doesn't stereotype women into looking like a barbie doll. It doesn't talk about what a woman should look like but how a great woman views life and acts. It also helps that the article was written by a woman.
Don't put it on your profile.

Old 03-24-2015, 06:33 PM

48,531 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Your profile would have put me on the fence, "wait and see" status. Maybe funny, maybe a jerk. The link to the article seems lazy, some of those qualities may not be desired by some men.... Honestly, the first thing people look for is whether they find you attractive or not, then to see if they like your personality. It turns into a combo of both.

I find it more strange that you be asking this about some random, drive-by chick.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-24-2015, 06:40 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
I have a feeling there's more to this than you're telling us. The reason why I think that is because it's rare for a woman to message a man first on dating sites. And if she does, it's usually because she's interested in you. It's less likely she'll message you to say that your expectations are too high. Most women are bombarded with messages from angry guys online. The last thing she'd want to do is offend you and have you turn into another one of those angry guys who messages her.

As for your requirements, I think the age range is rather unrealistic. You're 35. Do you really think you'll appeal to a 21 year old? I also think it gives a bad impression that you'll date a woman over 10 years younger, but won't date a woman even a year older than you.

Since the title of your thread was more general, let me offer a general answer. Many (but not all) men have expectations that are too high. In particular, a lot of these men don't seem to adjust their expectations as they age. When I was 25, it wasn't unreasonable to want to find a woman who was in shape, had never been married, and didn't have kids. But that's because I was only looking at women in their 20s, an age group where the majority are thin, never married, and don't have kids. But after 35, if you're looking at women in their 30s and above, you'll find that a greater percentage are divorced, have kids, or are probably carrying some extra weight. That's not to say you should settle for someone you don't like. Just that you need to accept that the pool of possible matches is a lot different and sticking to the same standards you had at 25 may end up severely limiting you.

Old 03-24-2015, 06:50 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,410,406 times
Quote:
Most good women have children because they are a good mother.
i read this multiple times

perhaps i should read it out loud... my comprehension isnt working for some reason

Old 03-24-2015, 06:53 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
I would cut out some of the sarcasm. It may not be taken as funny by everyone.

Old 03-24-2015, 06:54 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
i read this multiple times

perhaps i should read it out loud... my comprehension isnt working for some reason
You can read it right out loud, you can read it on a cloud.
You can read it in a car, you can read it in a bar.
You can read it here or there, you can read it anywhere.

It still won't make sense.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships