Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 01:39 PM

9 posts, read 7,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You don't understand the real problem.

This alone makes you incompatible.

As for the rest, your girlfriend is seriously emotionally unstable. She needs to be hospitalized, and you need therapy if you haven't realized that by now.
Tell me then my problem, what therapy i need. I sayed i was wrong about slapping and i promised its not gonna happen again. Tell me how to stop someone like that without using any force? And again, slapping was wrong, i know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
If you even were to spit at me or get in my face in such an aggressive way during a disagreement, that would be already domestic violence to me. Not only but actually I would report you and proceed with the charges.

Had enough of watching my mother get hit only because of bad words she would say or throw similar tantrums (that's still no excuse to transform something verbal into already a physical altercation and throw the first hit...and it just means you are worse than that person and you have anger issues too). Both of you need help.

If she was so suicidal and unstable, that's a good reason to leave someone like that. Sorry but the only reason I think anyone (man or woman) should ever hit is in total self-defense....only if it's a death-life situation and the person is seriously trying to kill you. Hitting and hitting back in anger just to hit and because you got frustrated or you using the excuse ''but he/she started'' isn't self-defense.
You really consider sucide as disagreement?
Do you know that Domestic violence can be emotional also?
I was wrong about slapping and i admit that. Please tell me how to stop someone mentaly ill killing herself without touching her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 01:40 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,347,410 times
The help that you both need is beyond what any stranger online can offer you or her.

It's difficult to tell if you are located in the U.S. or elsewhere.

In the U.S. there are organizations out there that can help one deal with a mentally ill partner and the co-dependency pattern you have developed with her. There are also organizations that will help someone dealing with the long-term problems associated with an abusive childhood.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:42 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man222 View Post
Tell me how to stop someone like that without using any force?

You push the ******* out the door, lock it, and call the police if she doesn't leave.

1,454 posts, read 2,166,776 times
Quote:
I know that she bluffing sometimes, but also know that she can go super crazy and actually do it. Once she crabed the knife in front of me and if i had been 1 second slower then she would be most likely dead.
No, she wouldn't. That's her acting out and saying all that to be the center of attention. Countless times my mother threw the suicide line too during many of her tantrums.

Someone that really wanted to commit suicide would have done it even when you think they're happy and more than likely those individuals can also be unpredicatable. They do it when you're not there and most important, a real suicidal person isn't going to tell you that he/she will do it, they just do it.

718 posts, read 615,908 times
Honestly, I probably would've slapped her, too. I don't condone physical violence but that type of behaviour is frustrating and, quite frankly, f***** up.

You deserve a slap for continuing to feed into the circle of toxicity and drama.

You're both emotionally disturbed, because I don't know a sane person who would continue to put up/enable such behaviour, and she's obviously messed up for the crazy dramatics she pulls on you.

The answer is simple: She's disturbed, you're disturbed: Seek therapy and move on.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:45 PM

9 posts, read 7,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
You push the ******* out the door, lock it, and call the police if she doesn't leave.
Care too much of her, dont want to see her die. I would leave or let her leave but she doesnt accpet any of those. I sayd that stay home for a while and lets take timeout for awhile but same result.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:47 PM

914 posts, read 766,030 times
Op, y'all both crazy! Please stay together, you're right for each other.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:48 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,642,628 times
Call emergency to come get her when she threatens suicide, and tell her to see a psychiatrist or therapist to get help if she ever wants to see you again. This is hurting you and you want to be content and happy, and so you have to leave her to get help for herself, and you to find peace yourself. Call emergency and police so they can put her in a hospital. You cant take care of her.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:51 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,399,799 times
This seems like a reasonable place to come to with this sort of question.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:52 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,166,776 times
Quote:
You really consider sucide as disagreement?
She's not going to do it. That's more than likely a histrionic person that needs therapy and needs to be away from you.
Quote:
Do you know that Domestic violence can be emotional also?
Yes, and that's still no excuse to throw the first hit. The person can still report you for hitting. Words won't get you arrested but slapping, punching, shoving, etc. will. I'm totally black and white on this, no grey area with me.
Quote:
I was wrong about slapping and i admit that. Please tell me how to stop someone mentaly ill killing herself without touching her?
You need to let her go. That's a serious personality disorder that only with therapy it'll get better over time and secondly, she isn't going to get over that you slapped her. In her mind, she'll always see you as someone she fears and can be capable of hurting her. She'll never forget.

Agreed with TenorSax83, both of you are crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships