Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 01:20 PM

40 posts, read 24,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
This was 1st thing I thought of. Men worry about being friend-zoned. Women will worry about being f-zoned lol

Happens to lots of girls that i've seen, usually younger ones. If a guy is attracted, he'll sleep with them. But they want more, and the guy doesn't. Now they try to work with him and get him to be serious with them. So far, I have yet to see it work, and someone ends up hurt, and both go their separate ways.
While this answer couldn't possibly cover every scenario related to this, it does cover a lot of them: lower your standards.

Men who are being friend zoned and women who are being f-zoned (lol) are shooting out of their respective leagues, generally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2015, 01:22 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTheFisherman View Post

Men who are being friend zoned and women who are being f-zoned (lol) are shooting out of their respective leagues, generally.
I don't know that it has much to do with leagues at all, it's about expectations. There's nothing wrong with having friends of the opposite sex or a no-strings relationship. What is wrong is not being honest about what you really want and expecting that friendship or NSA situation to magically turn into the relationship you want if you hang around long enough.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 04-06-2015 at 01:46 PM..

Old 04-06-2015, 01:38 PM

20,396 posts, read 14,667,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Good, but with the mindset of most men, it really just comes down to this:

Would I "tap that"? - yes = not friend zoned

Would I "tap that"? - no = friend zoned

Simple. Clear. And to the point.

Where it starts to get cloudy is when she has an attractive body and unattractive face. We'd definitely tap that, and possibly on a regular basis. But odds are long against have a "real" romantic relationship. This is why the term "buttaface" became popular. Ive had buttafaces that I friendzoned and some that I didnt friend zone. While they all had incredibly fit and sexy bodies, what determined if they were friend zone or not where other things like - smoker=friend zone; teeth so crooked it looked like she was growing antlers in her mouth = friend zone; Body a 10 but face is a 5 and we have things in common = not friend zoned.

So you can see, the body is really main determining factor on if we friend zone her or not. Not a big convoluted modeling case of who she is, who dated her, where she works, etc.
Really. So no "bros before hos" for you, huh? You don't have any guy friends who, if they married a woman you would think of "tapping" you would be nice to her and be friends with them as a couple and hang out, but NOT try to get it on with her?

You're not like a lot of guys I know if that is the case.

And for some dudes, their careers are important enough that the big head can override the little one, and even if they think to themselves, "yeah, I'd hit that" they'd be smart enough not to.

I'm talking about mature adults though, not teenagers or 20-something kids. People who have something to lose that matters, be it a friendship, or a career.

But it's easy to look through your own lens and say "most men" based on you, and/or the men in your immediate social circle. So I'm not talking "most men" but rather most of the ones I know and associate with.

My husband and I have plenty of mutual friends, and many of them are other couples. We are on a pool league. The men in those couples, there are a few that I know they find me attractive...yet they would not ever make a move, and they treat me as a friend. Sure, if I were single and they were single and they had opportunity, they'd get down with me. But I'm not, they're not, and they don't....so....we are friends. And the friendships are good! We have lots of fun, shooting pool, having BBQs and stuff. I don't think they consider it a waste of time.

Situational tho.

You can't assume every person is a single guy on the pull.

Old 04-06-2015, 02:02 PM

4,566 posts, read 5,421,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Really. So no "bros before hos" for you, huh? You don't have any guy friends who, if they married a woman you would think of "tapping" you would be nice to her and be friends with them as a couple and hang out, but NOT try to get it on with her?
LOL. Didnt see the part in the OP where it specifically asked if guys friend zone their buddies' wives, or if they would tap their friends' buddies. Oh, thats because it WASNT IN THE OP!!

Kinda thought that it would go without saying that wives/partners of friends are excluded from the discussion. Seems kinda simple and common sense to me that those are out of the question for the thread topic. LOL.

Hilarious. No one ever considers someone who is married/in a relationship for friend zoning or non friend zoning.

Last edited by Kings Gambit; 04-06-2015 at 02:24 PM..

Old 04-06-2015, 02:19 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
This is a subject most will never be fully truthful with.

Yes it's possible.

Old 04-06-2015, 02:52 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,239,718 times
Yeah, if they're cool & we have things in common, but no chemistry or whatever, they go to the friend-zone.

Old 04-06-2015, 02:56 PM

20,396 posts, read 14,667,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
LOL. Didnt see the part in the OP where it specifically asked if guys friend zone their buddies' wives, or if they would tap their friends' buddies. Oh, thats because it WASNT IN THE OP!!

Kinda thought that it would go without saying that wives/partners of friends are excluded from the discussion. Seems kinda simple and common sense to me that those are out of the question for the thread topic. LOL.

Hilarious. No one ever considers someone who is married/in a relationship for friend zoning or non friend zoning.
Actually I don't see anything in the OP that excludes this group of people.

And I see an awful lot of "guys will go after anything that remotely qualifies" without taking into consideration the many guys and circumstances where they might not.

Old 04-06-2015, 03:00 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,289,482 times
I've been friendzoned a few times, but every one of those times, it turned into much more than just friends. That is why I have a very distinct view on females and males being friends when they are attracted to them. My views are different when there is no attraction, but when it comes to men and women, if there is any attraction, that friendzone stuff is BS, at least it is for me. The only women I have been able to be friends with are not attractive to me, or those I have a working relationship with. All others, may have started as friends, but I always ended up hooking up with them.

Old 04-06-2015, 03:21 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,285,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigueur2014 View Post
I've been friendzoned a few times, but every one of those times, it turned into much more than just friends. That is why I have a very distinct view on females and males being friends when they are attracted to them. My views are different when there is no attraction, but when it comes to men and women, if there is any attraction, that friendzone stuff is BS, at least it is for me. The only women I have been able to be friends with are not attractive to me, or those I have a working relationship with. All others, may have started as friends, but I always ended up hooking up with them.

Pretty much true for me too. Even if we were friends, without hooking up, the friendship always ended up being short lived. They would meet a guy they really wanted to be with and the friendship would be over.

Old 04-06-2015, 03:31 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,484,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverunner17 View Post
Yes. A few. One was too clingy, the other was too into fashion and shopping. Neither really wanted to hook up without dating, and I didn't want to date them due to the above reasons.
^This, one was too much of a drama queen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships