Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 10:29 PM

625 posts, read 952,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Sisters often have similar qualities and character traits since they have been brought up with the same parents (or probably so). That means that if you broke up with the other one, this one probably has the same issues, but of course as they get older the influences of home life change.

I guess that you first dated the older one and now you fancy the younger one - that often happens but do you need our 'permission' to date her? No, of course not and particularly as they are not that close. Maybe you got the wrong message the first time around and you should have dated the other one? Or.. maybe you just have not got over the first relationship and you see this one as a convenient way to continue it with her sister?

Yes. My ex-girlfriend was the older sibling.

But the reason why I dated her younger sister was not because of the ex-girlfriend, although the younger sister knew me through her. The younger sister already knew who I was before she contacted me on POF, but it was so long since I dated the ex anyway. I broke up with my ex-girlfriend 6 years ago, and her sister is completely different, but I admit that her voice is similar to hers. But the fact that I dated her sister 6 years ago, especially since I was intimate with her, was the number one reason why there could never be a relationship between us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 10:42 PM

372 posts, read 534,089 times
No.
Period.
What if?
No.

Old 05-27-2015, 05:30 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
I hooked up with brothers once. Not at the same time. Looking back it was kind of weird. But I'd do it again.
That's funny!!

Old 05-27-2015, 05:38 AM

287 posts, read 327,140 times
Is it okay to jump in front of a moving train? Okay, it happened when I was in high school, but... Dated younger sister in my junior year. Lost my virginity with her. Senior year, older sister (who was in my class) asked me to the prom and I said yes. To this day, I can honestly say that was the biggest mistake I have ever made in all my dating experiences. Older sister was out for one thing and one thing only- revenge against something younger sister did to her. Yeah, we ended up doing the nasty after the prom. Older sister told younger and two days later the rest of my senior year in high school became a living hell.

Old 05-27-2015, 06:31 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Sisters often have similar qualities and character traits since they have been brought up with the same parents (or probably so). That means that if you broke up with the other one, this one probably has the same issues, but of course as they get older the influences of home life change.
OMG, bite your tongue! My sis and I are about as different as two people can be--for one thing I raised my kids, but she dumped hers. And that's just for starters.

Old 05-27-2015, 06:37 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,680,711 times
That has to the potential to create baggage where there is none. Why even go there.

Old 05-27-2015, 10:53 AM

734 posts, read 1,082,353 times
NO!!!! Wtf?

Old 05-27-2015, 01:00 PM

780 posts, read 678,871 times
I wouldn't even date any of my friend's ex, let alone a family member's ex.
But, that's my personal opinion regarding the dating the ex of someone I know, especially if they have been intimate, regardless of how it ended.

There are people who are ok with those scenarios though, so it's better to make sure that everyone in that circle is honestly ok with it.

Old 05-27-2015, 01:47 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
WTF? No! Do people just enjoy drama nowadays?

Old 05-27-2015, 05:18 PM

2,921 posts, read 1,986,113 times
Stay on the sidelines and let the sisters talk and decide.

Oliver Queen in the series Arrow made the mistake of dating sisters, at the same time though so a little different than your situation. I wouldn't really say it worked out well for him, but I guess it depends how you look at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships