Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 10:27 AM

545 posts, read 632,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
Do you think there is a number of a hot women who men assume are saturated with male attention or already taken, but are in fact lonely and hoping for guys to talk to them?
They definitely exist however there is always something offsetting about them at least at that moment. Until one learns to be attracted to girls other than hot girls and gets some experience one won't be able to notice / do anything about it. A lot of normal girls will turn hot with the right attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 10:28 AM

709 posts, read 766,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy0519 View Post
I am rarely approached by guys. The ones that do end up talking to me automatically assume I have a boyfriend--I must because I'm so pretty--yup, I've gotten that. My friends think it's hilarious that guys will rarely talk to me--and guys NEVER believe that I am rarely approached.

I don't have resting ***** face. I'm easy to talk to. I'm attractive (I met a very nice gentleman--old school, turned out he actually had connections with my family) who even used the word beautiful towards me (I've heard that before, numerous times) just last night. I'm not a "blonde, playboy type." I am successful in my career (very), hard working, educated, and independent. Yet, I rarely get approached. It sucks. I am the kind of person who will start a conversation, but honestly, I still want that old school of approach me...and not with some cheesy pick up line!

Where are the guys with substance? The ones who are independent, but can make me laugh? Who can appreciate that yes, I have dinner and go see movies by myself--and I still enjoy a REAL book (currently re-reading Brave New World and Fahrenheit 451).

I wouldn't call myself lonely....but I am single. I just can't seem to meet a good looking (in my opinion...every one's is different), independent man. Screw the salary part--just have a career and enjoy it. Have friends who are true friends. Have your own interests.

Where are THOSE guys? Forget the "hot women." We exist. We just don't want to put up with guys without substance, who can make us laugh, AND we who are attracted to.
Wouldn't they be correct in that assumption? Or didn't this guy have enough substance?

//www.city-data.com/forum/miami...iting-may.html

Old 04-17-2015, 10:30 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,866,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OvernightDelivery View Post
They definitely exist however there is always something offsetting about them at least at that moment. Until one learns to be attracted to girls other than hot girls and gets some experience one won't be able to notice / do anything about it. A lot of normal girls will turn hot with the right attention.
+1 I've definitely found this to be the case. Dudes who limit themselves to the superficially hot babes miss out on a lot of other good options.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:31 AM

718 posts, read 616,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by troymclure View Post
Wouldn't they be correct in that assumption? Or didn't this guy have enough substance?

//www.city-data.com/forum/miami...iting-may.html
lol typical CD fashion ... dredge up some old posts and completely disregard the the posters' comments.

Who cares if she has a boyfriend or not? It's really none of your business.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:36 AM

90 posts, read 89,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You're amusing, Fleur, I'll give you that!
People don't go around always "on" for the camera. If she's deciding which yogurt brand to buy (in the grocery store), or entering a room/theater/hall, and scanning for a seat, she's not going to see the guy a few feet or yards away who's checking her out. She can't smile at someone who's outside her line of vision, or when she's focussed on a task, and doesn't see the guy. Most men who are attracted to someone will approach. They don't need to be flagged in to their goal.

Most men checking out a woman from a distance don't smile, anyway. They just stare, which doesn't work. They'd have more success if they smiled, if they're able to catch her eye in the first place.
I agree that many aren't "facially aware" (as I call it). Mouth breathing and surly looks seem to be most prominent nowadays. But, a person who's warm and approachable is pretty easy to spot. (This goes for both men and women...) - If I smile, the least a woman can do is smile back; which typically happens. This smile doesn't always lead to an approach however.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:41 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
Do you think there is a number of a hot women who men assume are saturated with male attention or already taken, but are in fact lonely and hoping for guys to talk to them?
I'm sure, there's quite a number of hot women who are lonely; I find they're typically the looney ones no man wants to seriously get involved with. If a woman is very attractive and has an equally attractive attitude, she shouldn't have a problem being lonely, unless by choice.,

Old 04-17-2015, 10:41 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,212,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyga View Post
lol typical CD fashion ... dredge up some old posts and completely disregard the the posters' comments.

Who cares if she has a boyfriend or not? It's really none of your business.
People don't like dishonesty, besides this happens to the male posters here all of the time.

Even still she (apparently) has a bf so why does it matter if she's getting approached or not?

Old 04-17-2015, 10:42 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQdotJ View Post
I agree that many aren't "facially aware" (as I call it). Mouth breathing and surly looks seem to be most prominent nowadays. But, a person who's warm and approachable is pretty easy to spot. (This goes for both men and women...) - If I smile, the least a woman can do is smile back; which typically happens. This smile doesn't always lead to an approach however.
Yes, I think it's a natural reaction to smile back at someone who's smiling at you.

I don't understand this assumption that the absence of a smile = a surly look. The absence of a smile = a neutral look, usually. Most people have open faces, and look approachable naturally, if they have open body language (arms not crossed in front, but down by their sides). People whose relaxed face looks surly are rare. And if a woman is chatting with the cashier or another customer, or is engaging with people in the lobby before a show or at intermission, you can assume she's approachable. Though I'm sure shy guys would still find a reason not to approach.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:49 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,212,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You're amusing, Fleur, I'll give you that!
People don't go around always "on" for the camera. If she's deciding which yogurt brand to buy (in the grocery store), or entering a room/theater/hall, and scanning for a seat, she's not going to see the guy a few feet or yards away who's checking her out. She can't smile at someone who's outside her line of vision, or when she's focussed on a task, and doesn't see the guy. Most men who are attracted to someone will approach. They don't need to be flagged in to their goal.

Most men checking out a woman from a distance don't smile, anyway. They just stare, which doesn't work. They'd have more success if they smiled, if they're able to catch her eye in the first place.
I'm not saying that you ALWAYS have to have your camera face on. I'm just saying that IF you are looking to attract someone (anyone), the best way to do that IMO is to have a pleasant, welcoming appearance. If a person of the opposite sex looks at you and smiles, and you'd be conducive to him/her approaching you, then smile back. These things help your chances. That is all I'm saying.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:52 AM

718 posts, read 616,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
People don't like dishonesty, besides this happens to the male posters here all of the time.

Even still she (apparently) has a bf so why does it matter if she's getting approached or not?
Yes, only male posters get caught up in lies. Us women are master manipulators.

That post was from a few weeks back, not yesterday. Who knows what could've transpired between then and now. It does not prove dishonesty...

Also, this thread was about approaching hot women. She offered an opinion, as a woman, about her experiences. Subjective to her. She didn't say anything derogatory against men. It is your prerogative to take the advice for what it's worth or not, but personally trying to attack or discredit the poster is silly to me.

Last edited by Ashleyga; 04-17-2015 at 11:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships