Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2015, 11:01 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Hot women are playing life on easy mode. I don't believe they have it hard at all. If they say they do, they're lying. That's what I truly believe. Hard for me to feel bad for them.
You're not a hot woman. How would you know?

Likely some have it easy and some do not. Just like everyone else.

I speak from experience.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:05 PM

52,287 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
Do you think there is a number of a hot women who men assume are saturated with male attention or already taken, but are in fact lonely and hoping for guys to talk to them?
It's long been an old saying that guys assume that hot women are busy or taken while they sometimes sit at home lonely because guy don't approach thinking they aren't available.

I don't know how much merit there is to it, but it's a saying I remember hearing way back when I was a kid..... fwiw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 11:20 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
I saw this thread earlier this morning and wanted to add my two cents, but I HATE typing on my goddamned phone.

Long story short, I've sat and listened to GORGEOUS WOMEN--the one I'm thinking of specifically was tall, Italian, hot accent and all, fresh from Rome, in NYC--complain how men will not approach her. She was actually irritated by it, as she was a friendly girl looking forward to experiencing America, specifically NYC.

I told her it was my opinion that she was simply too hot (I did not mention her height, which wasn't ridiculous, but she was a model-type) and that most guys would be too intimidated or assume she was already taken. I was dating her friend, having great fun showing her the city, and she wanted that same experience with an American guy.

So yeah, I can see some hot women just not being approached by the types of men they'd fancy, it makes sense. They DO get 'hollered at' all day, though. I work with some women who look like walking pieces of candy, and can't get home on the subway without their earbuds in.
Did the Italian woman say whether men were very different in Italy? Did she remark that she found it odd that no American men would approach her? Just wondering.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:21 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,677,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
I'm not saying that you ALWAYS have to have your camera face on. I'm just saying that IF you are looking to attract someone (anyone), the best way to do that IMO is to have a pleasant, welcoming appearance. If a person of the opposite sex looks at you and smiles, and you'd be conducive to him/her approaching you, then smile back. These things help your chances. That is all I'm saying.
I just want to mention, how there have been a few topics I have seen recently, one in regards to those "not saying hi" when passing and do not want to be spoken to. Another regarding "Introverted types", where some apparently don't want to be looked at or bothered, even by another saying "excuse me", while in the market and can easily offend. There are those who are not open or reciprocal at all, not making eye-contact and resent those who are "invading their space", as they are "trying to be alone" (in public, no less). I read all kinds of odd remarks and wondered, how the heck they work or get by in life? Obviously, they are a particular type, but how are others supposed to be aware of what is going on with them?

This made me think maybe I should refrain from being openly friendly in public, yet this is my normal demeanor - smiling, conversing and find that most are the same as myself, though I have seen those who appear to be in their own world, not smiling. My point of this is, you may be running into a people like that and don't know it.

Old 04-18-2015, 01:03 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You're not a hot woman. How would you know?

Likely some have it easy and some do not. Just like everyone else.

I speak from experience.
How would I know? I grew up around them.

Old 04-18-2015, 03:13 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,677,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Siegel View Post
I see the opposite: women who fall all over a few handsome guys, or who fantasize about Benedict Cumberbatch or Justin Bieber....

...while men are perfectly happy with the girl next door, as long as she is at least average looking. (These same men may "admire" the Playboy Playmate of the Month, but they know perfectly well they aren't going to get her in real life.)
OH, yeah...bring it to me, Biebs... lol.

You appear to be one of the realistic ones.

When I referred to men seeking "bunnies", it just seems that this is what the standard for them appears to be, based upon being inundated by such from ads, etc. In other words, something unrealistic. I don't think most ever reference seeking "average looking" women. But the reality, as I have been saying, is that is what really exists, and people should look around to see regular-looking couples.

In earlier years, I was used to getting attention, which is odd as it ceases, especially since I have always been percieved as being years younger, at any age. But, we cannot change age and was suggested by one guy here, that "a woman in her 30's is already past her prime" - lol - (a.k.a., dead, in the eyes of males).

One thing I learned early on was, that I had more of an interest in guys whose inner qualities I appreciated, over those whose outer appearance was really all they had. I would find through getting to know a person, that they would become more appealing or less, depending upon their actions, not that there are not physical traits that appeal to each of us, myself liking nice lips. But beyond features, if he is well-groomed, dresses appropriately, walks with confidence, has a nice-sounding voice, in additon to possessing warmth, humor - I can find him VERY attractive. THIS has nothing to do with how much money one makes or status. I think I get a sense of a person, yet does not mean everyone is perfect, either. (Everyone is flawed inside in some way, not that we want it to be something severe). In that 1st post (rant) of mine, one guy referred to it as a "Disney-like story" - yet what I stated is more to do with reality, than men's apparent fantasies.

The thing I notice in message boards, is that men seem to invariably dwell on one aspect. I can't recall seeing any topic where women's inner qualities and abilities are discussed, mentioned... ever.

Old 04-18-2015, 04:02 AM

603 posts, read 1,029,196 times
I've never seen a very attractive woman that was lonely.

Old 04-18-2015, 04:08 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,821 times
Every attractive female I know that says they're "single" is sleeping with a dude on the side. Often times I've been that dude.

Old 04-18-2015, 09:45 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,551,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Did the Italian woman say whether men were very different in Italy? Did she remark that she found it odd that no American men would approach her? Just wondering.
We never got into that, but there were a group of Italian guys with them (these were exchange students, basically). The Italian guys met me first, and were very friendly and open, inviting me to drink with them (which is how I got closer with the girls). I noticed that the girls had little interest in spending time with their male Italian friends and insisted on doing 'American'-type stuff, so that was a huge part of it. The guys were HUGELY popular with the American girls they met, and seemed to be, for lack of a better term, 'players'.

I think the girls just wanted to experience something different with guys native to this country. I've also had a drunk Russian woman ask me out on the subway as I was heading in for work one morning (dressed like I gave not a remote ****).

Old 04-18-2015, 10:39 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,289,902 times
IMO, men are their worst enemy. They over think and make every excuse to not approach women....the funniest part, is that for every super hot female, who is b*****, there are 10 super hot females who are very self conscious, and who spend a lot of time with friends, and not in romantic relationships....Super hot women who question their beauty because they have low self esteem...super hot women have the same problems as average women...thinking otherwise is very ignorant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships