Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2015, 02:21 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,846,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningPoeFrost View Post
Past their prime over 30?? I'm 43 and I still get noticed by plenty of guys, my mother is 61, in great shape and still gets a lot of attention as well. I don't know what world you've been living in honey.
Oh, BPF. You're new here. Stick around for just a couple of weeks, and you'll learn that CD is saturated with comments like that. Sometimes men over the age of 50 are the ones making them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 02:22 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,281,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningPoeFrost View Post
Past their prime over 30?? I'm 43 and I still get noticed by plenty of guys, my mother is 61, in great shape and still gets a lot of attention as well. I don't know what world you've been living in honey.
I forgot women get a bit sensitive when they feel old just as guys who are reminded they are short. Ok then, we'll change "past their prime" to "younger women" then . So aaaaaaaaaanyways, hotter women get approached more than those who...are just not as attractive, we'll leave it like that.

Old 04-17-2015, 02:42 PM

491 posts, read 402,818 times
Lol loving this banter, truly comical. I can identify with the OP somewhat. I've mentioned that I have some trouble meeting date-able men, probably because I don't go to bars and I live in the "party" area of town. My work doesn't involve meeting many eligible men either. When I am in situations where I might be approached, I'm typically not, for whatever reason. I'm told that I have a beautiful smile, often by strangers, so I don't think I have a resting b**** face.

At 43 I am certainly not "past my prime". I don't shop in the children's section and I'm not looking for a college kid. I prefer to date someone age-appropriate. I've been told by male friends that men are possibly intimidated by my education, my intelligence, and my poise.

That's ok. I'd rather do my own thing, have fun doing things I enjoy, than settle for someone who doesn't feel comfortable enough (for whatever reason) to approach me. Confidence is a turn-on. If I'm going to develop a relationship with someone, they need to bring the same qualities that I do. I understand the importance of eye contact, smiling back, etc. If you can't get past that, I'm moving on.

Old 04-17-2015, 02:52 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Well said on how everybody might have an advantage over someone else: race, economic status, height, weight, education, etc. Something I have heard often that obviously is not necessarily true for every beauty queen out there is that they are normally a bit dumb . Look at beauty pageants and how they answer questions, their academic preparation, etc. Of course there are exceptions but hey their beauty might not be EVERYTHING that they can show about themselves. So while we may show some advantages over others, whatever that may be, we may also show disadvantages.

At least hot women will have more men approach them than your average-looking or past-her-prime (over 30) woman.
I've seen some sexy women over the age of 30.

Old 04-17-2015, 02:53 PM

477 posts, read 314,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Oh, BPF. You're new here. Stick around for just a couple of weeks, and you'll learn that CD is saturated with comments like that. Sometimes men over the age of 50 are the ones making them!
lol

Old 04-17-2015, 03:43 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,866,029 times
Now that I'm in my 30's, I think women hit their true prime at that age. They have more confidence than a lot of 20-somethings, and they lose that kind of flighty thing that comes from not having completely matured, though there's some individual variation there. Still, at 30+ they've really got it goin' on. More of 'em have come into their own, so to say, than in the mid-20's, and they're more focused. And I've met some 40+ women who've blown my mind! I thought they were younger than me when I talked to 'em, and then found out how old they were. Some women spread those prime years out to new record-breaking heights, that's all I have to say. My hat's off to you ladies.

Old 04-17-2015, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I've seen some sexy women over the age of 30.
Same here but the standard of beauty, something we didn't create, is still with younger women. Look at how young models are (fashion, Victoria's Secret, beauty pageants, etc.). If the standard of beauty was women over 30 then we would see a change there.

But yeah, there are old women that are pretty of course. Who cares what the standard of beauty is. If we like old women or women like old men, so what?

Old 04-17-2015, 04:04 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,194,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy0519 View Post
lol, thanks! I'm usually reading a few books at once...unless I'm running, at yoga, or working or with friends!

I refuse to settle for just "a guy"...why should I? I'm also not conceited....I personally think I'm just okay looking....my guy friends (and gay friends and people like the gentleman last night) tell me I'm nuts if I think I'm just "okay."

I definitely don't think the subject should include lonely...I'm far from it. I just refuse to settle.
I am here as well. I get called pretty, and beautiful, and receive compliments. But it's usually from family, friends, or other women. And the guys who do show interest, are usually ones that I don't find physically attractive, and are also sloppy. By the latter, usually pants hanging off butt, tons of chains, old, etc. So I am far from arrogant. In fact, my self-esteem doesn't exist. I hate the way I look. Only a few things I like. lol But I would rather settle for being single, than settle for a guy I don't want simply because he available, or simply to say I have a guy.

As for what the issue is, Idk.

1. I could be ugly
2. Could be pretty, but have bitchy resting face
3. Could be guys assume I am taken
4. Could be because I am shy, thus quiet and that's not popular
5. Could be I still look childish. It has happened a few times where people look at me, and don't think I am even 18, apparently.

Could be anything. I used to get asked by people if I was seeing anyone, and if I said no, then they'd wanna know why. My reply usually was "Idk, i'm ugly I guess." Then I would go on about my business lol

I don't know why guys I like don't approach. I don't go around asking. lol

Last edited by HappyRain; 04-17-2015 at 05:00 PM..

Old 04-17-2015, 04:33 PM

788 posts, read 1,272,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
assume -> ass-u-me (old benny hill lesson)

no, the "hot" woman only has to deal with a small % of wussies that wont step to them... there will always be dudes with some balls that will step to said woman

the only women who are "lonely...hoping for guys to talk to them" are the ones that are stuck on stupid because they have been programmed that if a guy doesnt come to them and do all the work then they are not worthy
That's not true. I'm one of the lonely hot women the OP is posting about, and I don't only look for wealthy men. I look for gainfully employed men who have their acts together and preferably no children, wives, or girlfriends. Unfortunately, this type is hard to find, since I attract so many men who are already attached - wealthy or not.

I have a history of approaching guys, but that tactic has always resulted in me being ditched rather quickly. In my experience, even if a guy is attracted to you, he'll ditch you once he realizes he has you. The ones who really pursued me are the ones who stuck around and treated me well.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:39 PM

Interesting to see lots of women self-proclaim they are hot, sexy, and attractive. "Oh yeah, I have all these men after me."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships