Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2015, 05:09 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I put supper on a few minutes ago, Beer Batter Bratwurst, deep fried potato wedges and Van Camps pork and beans that I will be adding a wee bit of brown sugar, catsup and chopped onion to.
I love Bratwurst..........lived in Milwaukee, WI long ago...lots of good sausage, cheeses, deli...

Old 06-20-2015, 05:12 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Bio,

That is awful I hope you feel better soon.

I got food poisoning once on my way to Wilmington, North Carolina, 18 hours driving and throwing up all the way, it was a fun trip and the food poisoning was just the beginning of the nightmare weekend.

Old 06-20-2015, 05:16 PM

Mr. Hawk when Mr. CSD and I were in Milwaukee it was only overnight and we had so much fun.
It was our Daughter's Montessori Graduation for her Masters then we joined the graduating class when they went out together and we had a great time with the people we had just met earlier that afternoon.

Old 06-20-2015, 05:32 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,779,436 times
I still feel like crap, but I had to mow because it's supposed to rain all week again. I got the front yard done, but the back yard is just mud so that wasn't going to happen.

We're at flood stage around here. The Mississippi, The Missouri, The Meramec rivers are all cresting.

Old 06-20-2015, 05:50 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
I can't figure out if I'm supposed to be insulted or not. Father's Day is tomorrow, so we invited the in-laws over for dinner just like we usually do... but for the second year in a row, my father-in-law is the only one coming. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law (she lives with them) aren't coming because 4pm is "too early" for dinner, and they'd rather do something with him on their own later. Granted, I'm not going to push it because my father-in-law is probably relieved to have an afternoon to just relax with us and the grandkids, but it's still kind of odd. The Mr. doesn't really care, and says that his mother is miffed because we never get Chinese food... but we purposely doesn't get Chinese food because my father-in-law doesn't like it, and (for some reason) it makes him have flashbacks from the Vietnam war. Whatevs. I don't think I'll ever really understand these people, but my father-in-law is my second favorite person on earth and the closest I have to a father, so I'm going to make a big old fuss and make his and the Mr.'s favorite foods for dinner.

Old 06-20-2015, 05:52 PM

Aw, I hope you feel better soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
I still feel like crap, but I had to mow because it's supposed to rain all week again. I got the front yard done, but the back yard is just mud so that wasn't going to happen.

We're at flood stage around here. The Mississippi, The Missouri, The Meramec rivers are all cresting.

Old 06-20-2015, 05:55 PM

Ms. Math

That seriously makes no sense that your Mother In Law would intentionally want food that gives her husband flashbacks of the war. That is just so odd.

Anyway, I think it is great and probably a relief for him to have an afternoon to himself and I'm sure whatever you fix will be wonderful.

Old 06-20-2015, 06:04 PM

She's a rather... eccentric person. Diagnosed with Aspergers a few years back, which came as a shock to no one (although she maintains that the doctor is a quack), so I guess it's kind of par for the course, but still incredibly frustrating. Like an overgrown spoiled child. Granted, my son and one of my brothers have autism so you'd think we'd be used to it... but man, this is nuts.

Old 06-20-2015, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I can't figure out if I'm supposed to be insulted or not. Father's Day is tomorrow, so we invited the in-laws over for dinner just like we usually do... but for the second year in a row, my father-in-law is the only one coming. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law (she lives with them) aren't coming because 4pm is "too early" for dinner, and they'd rather do something with him on their own later. Granted, I'm not going to push it because my father-in-law is probably relieved to have an afternoon to just relax with us and the grandkids, but it's still kind of odd. The Mr. doesn't really care, and says that his mother is miffed because we never get Chinese food... but we purposely doesn't get Chinese food because my father-in-law doesn't like it, and (for some reason) it makes him have flashbacks from the Vietnam war. Whatevs. I don't think I'll ever really understand these people, but my father-in-law is my second favorite person on earth and the closest I have to a father, so I'm going to make a big old fuss and make his and the Mr.'s favorite foods for dinner.
My grandpa was wounded really bad in WW2 on Okinawa, and until the day he died he could never watch a war movie. I only heard him talk about the war one time, and that was to tell me how he got his purple heart. Never spoke of it again.

But it's father's day so he should get what he wants to eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Aw, I hope you feel better soon
Thanks so much.

Old 06-20-2015, 06:10 PM

My niece's birthday is this week so we're having her birthday party tomorrow. We asked her what kind of cake she wanted, and she said she wanted a cake that looked like the Earth. And I asked her why do you want an Earth cake? And she said because the Earth is my friend
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships