Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2015, 08:07 AM

52,279 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Sorry you had to quit your job, but I understand the feelings. My dad quit and changed several times due to work stress. With the experience you have, I'm sure you will find something. Good luck .

Spoiler
BTW, is your company hiring new college grads ? I'd like to look at what's available and put in my application. I'll be starting this spring
They were always hiring young engineers...... we always had an intern or two running around.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Way to go, Chow.
I have no job, I'm an overweight fat white guy with no job, no value, no contribution to society...

LOL...

I should be more upset, shouldn't I??????

I have this strange feeling that I'll be ok..... 23 yrs in the business... pretty sure I could land something in the field.... but heck... you still never know... at the end of the day.....

Old 09-05-2015, 08:16 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
They were always hiring young engineers...... we always had an intern or two running around.....

I have no job, I'm an overweight fat white guy with no job, no value, no contribution to society...

LOL...

I have this strange feeling that I'll be ok..... 23 yrs in the business... pretty sure I could land something in the field.... but heck... you still never know... at the end of the day.....
There comes a time when self preservation overrules. There comes a time when the stress isn't worth it, the heartburn isn't worth it, the worry and anxiety is not worth it.

With a solid knowledge base and work history, you should land on your feet in a better position. Or it is a change to move some place you've always wanted to live.

I'd be more upset if the company booted me. In this way, you left on your own terms.

Old 09-05-2015, 08:27 AM

2 or 3 yrs ago I was stuck on project X.... project X sucked the major D... I was on it for 1.5 yrs... I finally went to management and asked to get moved.... they begrudgingly moved me... took an act of congress... I got moved and after ward worked on two of the most crappy projects I've ever worked on... just finished up one that was a complete nightmare.... keep me awake at nights for a few months........

As the project was winding down I found out that project X the first one I hated, well, the guy that was there quit and I was getting pulled back into it.

That along with the last 2 projects that I worked on killed me, and to find out that I was going to be slotted to be the replacement guy for the project I hated initially..... even when I asked 2 yrs ago to get moved.. they wanted to put me back on it...

Those factors all combined and I just said **** it... I need a break.. I can't hang anymore....

They can take that **** and shove it right up their ****ing asses.... that was pretty much how I felt.... now and then....

I left on good terms but damn...... they sure killed the life in me..... LOL.....

Old 09-05-2015, 08:37 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
If nothing else, you get some down-time with Mrs.Chow, and can take your time with finding the right job; that much experience in the field generally puts you in the position be choosy.

Old 09-05-2015, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
If nothing else, you get some down-time with Mrs.Chow, and can take your time with finding the right job; that much experience in the field generally puts you in the position be choosy.
Yeah.... ****ing off for the next few weeks is the order of the day... I mean at the end of the day how often in your working career can you actually say screw it... I mean screw it and just not worry about work... not too often....

Not bragging, but we're in a place financially where we can take several weeks off and not worry about paying the bills... took 25 yrs years to get here... but were here......

Mid life crisis... possibly.... most likely... but as SD said it was an act of self preservation.

I take work way way too seriously ... I sign my name to something and I own it...unfortunately I own it too much and it weighs on me too much.... not sure how I'm going to deal with that in the future... as I need to get back to work at some point.... that is something that I have to really address moving forward in my life.

It's just a job....

It's just a job......

It's just a job......

I need to remember that in the future..........

Old 09-05-2015, 08:52 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
When the Mr. quit his job and changed gears a couple of years ago, it was terrifying at the time. But it honestly ended up being the best thing that happened to us, because we didn't realize just how toxic it was until he was finally out. It was worth blowing through 1/3 of our savings, lol.

Old 09-05-2015, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
When the Mr. quit his job and changed gears a couple of years ago, it was terrifying at the time. But it honestly ended up being the best thing that happened to us, because we didn't realize just how toxic it was until he was finally out. It was worth blowing through 1/3 of our savings, lol.
Yeah... we're gonna blow through a lot of savings... but at the end of the day.. it's your life...

It's your life....it's your life....

I repeat that for a reason....... money is fluid, most things in life are fluid,

Your health isn't fluid........

Old 09-05-2015, 09:01 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
2 or 3 yrs ago I was stuck on project X.... project X sucked the major D... I was on it for 1.5 yrs... I finally went to management and asked to get moved.... they begrudgingly moved me... took an act of congress... I got moved and after ward worked on two of the most crappy projects I've ever worked on... just finished up one that was a complete nightmare.... keep me awake at nights for a few months........

As the project was winding down I found out that project X the first one I hated, well, the guy that was there quit and I was getting pulled back into it.

That along with the last 2 projects that I worked on killed me, and to find out that I was going to be slotted to be the replacement guy for the project I hated initially..... even when I asked 2 yrs ago to get moved.. they wanted to put me back on it...

Those factors all combined and I just said **** it... I need a break.. I can't hang anymore....

They can take that **** and shove it right up their ****ing asses.... that was pretty much how I felt.... now and then....

I left on good terms but damn...... they sure killed the life in me..... LOL.....
Good for you! Congrats .....
When it gets like that, you know what you gotta do. Everything will fall into place. Enjoy it

Old 09-05-2015, 09:12 AM

Its nice that people here aren't giving me grief... I thought I'd get a lot more push back that I did a wrong thing....

I wonder if it was wrong thing to do... but it's nice to get support from people that I know.. people that I've known for a few yrs now...

Thanks guys... I appreciate the kind word you have given me... trust me... it matters......

Old 09-05-2015, 09:53 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
Quote:

LOL...

I'm looking for a full time entry level job now, because I'll most likely graduate with my masters this spring and be available for a longer term commitments.

Don't beat yourself up. Once you start hating a job which is demanding and takes up heck a lot of your time in life, its time for a change. Money can buy happiness only to a certain extent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships