Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 02:58 PM

11,835 posts, read 12,108,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freckle_face View Post
I'm sorry to be so naive. But I'm pretty sure he is married.
You said the flirting needs to stop. Do you think he is knowingly flirting with me? And do you think he feels guilty at all? Could it be a work crush for him? Or is it just an ego boost?

I'm so new to these work/married people situations, so forgive me for being, well, stupid.
We don't know what he thinks or how he feels but the way he's acting is very inappropriate in a work setting, married or not.

If he is married, then you need to distance yourself fom him. You need to get over the excitement and flattery you feel. You're all giddy that another woman's husband is paying attention to you and looking for ways to justify spending time with him. It doesn't say much about him that he's pledged his life to another woman yet is behaving this way with you, and it doesn't speak well of you that you don't care because his attention makes you feel good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 03:02 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,492,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueRulz View Post
A male friend of mine in college used to do that with EVERY girl he met, even if he had a girlfriend. I asked him why he does that. He says "I know that I never would, but I like knowing I could."

So, an ego thing. He'd never really act on it (so he says, and I tend to believe him), but wants to know he "could have her if he wanted to".
Yep

I use to be this type....It's also why I use to end up in so many females in my bed.

Even though I would flirt with no real intention to go anywhere with anyone it STILL lead their 5 out of 20 times if the women was favorably responsive towards me and it escalated to that point.

When I was younger I never questioned why I did it. I was one of those "im just a natural flirt" types

Simple words do turn to intentions if you keep saying them enough.

At the end of the day I did it for me. It was never about the girls I involved.
even "if" a decent relationship eventually grew out of where it began, it still began with my unconscious desire to stoke my own ego.

Last edited by rego00123; 04-20-2015 at 03:17 PM..

Old 04-20-2015, 03:03 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,430,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Obviously, you have no idea as of yet how these types of work related relationships work, especially when it comes to married men. Keep it up and you'll soon learn.

Oh btw: don't think what you two are doing is going unnoticed in the workplace; people see people talk.
I find it a little hard to believe that anyone could be so naive. I suspect the OP is hoping someone will say--"yeah, go ahead with the friendship." Then 6 months from now we can read about how she is hopelessly in love with her co-worker and "should she let him know? and she didn't mean for it to happen and she didn't know he was married.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:13 PM

46 posts, read 59,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willistonite View Post
You need to find out if married most important. I seen way to many married guys flirting with the new attractive girl.
It could end bad for both of you. It so easy to get involved before you know it because you work with each other every
day but you need to ask other girls in the office about him. Proceed with extreme caution!!
I found out today He's married. He has Been with the same woman since high school.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:19 PM

625 posts, read 627,607 times
Default lunch

Quote:
I found out today He's married. He has Been with the same woman since high school.
Well that solves all your problems doesn't it?

STAY FAR FAR AWAY unless it is absolutely work-related, at work, in the office with other people around (so no one is tempted to misbehave).

Old 04-20-2015, 03:22 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,783,119 times
Quote:
OP:

Then that should tell you exactly what you need to do.

You have received very good advice regarding you and your male co-worker.

I highly suggest that you follow that advice since you are single and he is married .

If I was his wife, I would not tolerate his behavior.

I would expect him to conduct himself properly at work.

Both of you are co-workers. That is where it must stay. Please do not cross the line beyond co-workers.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
Well that solves all your problems doesn't it?

STAY FAR FAR AWAY unless it is absolutely work-related, at work, in the office with other people around (so no one is tempted to misbehave).
^^^^^ I agree with this.

Old 04-20-2015, 04:03 PM

46 posts, read 59,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
OP:

Then that should tell you exactly what you need to do.

You have received very good advice regarding you and your male co-worker.

I highly suggest that you follow that advice since you are single and he is married .

If I was his wife, I would not tolerate his behavior.

I would expect him to conduct himself properly at work.

Both of you are co-workers. That is where it must stay. Please do not cross the line beyond co-workers.
Yeah. I have been given good advice. It just sucks that we can't go to lunch anymore because we get along so well. It gets lonely at work, I mean we spend 50-60 hours a week here and it's nice to get along with a coworker buddy. Oh well...

Old 04-20-2015, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Yeah. I have been given good advice. It just sucks that we can't go to lunch anymore because we get along so well. It gets lonely at work, I mean we spend 50-60 hours a week here and it's nice to get along with a coworker buddy. Oh well...
OP:

Just find someone who is either 1) not married or 2) not in a committed relationship

Old 04-20-2015, 04:19 PM

11,835 posts, read 12,108,858 times
Quote:
It gets lonely...at work??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships