Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 05:18 AM

218 posts, read 394,124 times

Advertisements

If he has to wear anything but jeans or shorts he has a temper tantrum and is in a bad mood for the remainder of the day it night. Like we have to go to a wake and I asked him to just at least wear khaki pants instead of jeans and he is giving me trouble tells me it doesn't matter what he wears. Shouldn't you at least not wear jeans to a wake? I've seen people in suit and ties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 05:35 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian4488 View Post
If he has to wear anything but jeans or shorts he has a temper tantrum and is in a bad mood for the remainder of the day it night. Like we have to go to a wake and I asked him to just at least wear khaki pants instead of jeans and he is giving me trouble tells me it doesn't matter what he wears. Shouldn't you at least not wear jeans to a wake? I've seen people in suit and ties.
I think it's a sign of respect to take a little more care in your clothing for funerals, wakes, visitations, religious services...even certain celebrations! It means you're willing to do a little extra...but many guys only care about comfort, which is why they shed their shirts as soon as the temps hit 50 and go around in their underwear inside all weekend....sorry - hard to change most guys...even if you only want them to wear khakis and a button-down.

Old 04-21-2015, 05:37 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Wow! This is not a good partner to have.

He should wear something nicer than jeans.

The fact he has this tantrum about it is sad.

Old 04-21-2015, 05:40 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,236,769 times
I think it depends on who the wake is for.
Mr. CSD has a cousin who specifically told everyone no suits are allowed at his wake and funeral.
He never wore a suit and did not want anyone else to be uncomfortable either so it was jeans and tee shirts or a polo shirt.
No button down shirts, at his request and he was buried wearing his favorite jeans and tee shirt and hat.

I think one needs to focus more on themselves and what they wear than focus on others.
Life will be much less stressful and it will not appear that anyone is controlling anyone.

Old 04-21-2015, 05:40 AM

9,131 posts, read 20,009,690 times
A temper tantrum over wearing khakis? Temper tantrums in general over wearing decent clothing to "events?" Remaining in a sour mood for the remainder of any day requiring more than jeans or shorts?

NO THIS IS NOT NORMAL BEHAVIOR

He sounds like a child. Your likely not to change this behavior either, but it does not speak strongly of his character.

Old 04-21-2015, 05:43 AM

9,131 posts, read 20,009,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I think it's a sign of respect to take a little more care in your clothing for funerals, wakes, visitations, religious services...even certain celebrations! It means you're willing to do a little extra...but many guys only care about comfort, which is why they shed their shirts as soon as the temps hit 50 and go around in their underwear inside all weekend....sorry - hard to change most guys...even if you only want them to wear khakis and a button-down.
Please do not paint "most guys" as a group who only care about "comfort" or who walk around in their underwear as if every guys is some sort of "Al Bundy" or something. It would be as if I painted all women the same way because you can run down to Walmart and see a woman shopping in her PJ's.

There are many guys who respect themselves enough to wear situationally appropriate clothing, and many who actually have concern to dress up and look good on a regular basis.

Old 04-21-2015, 05:43 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,935,627 times
How many more threads do we get to read about this guy???

Old 04-21-2015, 06:05 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Have you considered letting your husband be himself rather than constantly trying to fix him and change him into who you want him to be?

Old 04-21-2015, 06:10 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post

You do realize not every man on this planet has a need for a suit right?
There are working men who only own working clothes and their "dress up" clothes are a newer pair of black jeans and a polo shirt.

The dead do not care what one wears to their wake or funeral, it is only the living who are so judgemental of another's attire.

Old 04-21-2015, 06:10 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,957,550 times
I think it is inappropriate to wear jeans to a wake, and I don't understand why people don't like to dress decently.

But if you got married to this guy, you had to know this when you married him. You got what you signed up for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You do realize not every man on this planet has a need for a suit right?

I would disagree with this. Every man should have at least one good suit. At least. And wakes ARE FOR the living. That's the entire point of them.

Last edited by timberline742; 04-21-2015 at 06:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships