Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 06:03 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,769,764 times

Advertisements

I'm always dumbfounded by guys who don't know how to recognize eye makeup. All that shadow and eyeliner and mascara ... We're not born with that stuff on our face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 06:10 AM

37,720 posts, read 46,165,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I'm always dumbfounded by guys who don't know how to recognize eye makeup. All that shadow and eyeliner and mascara ... We're not born with that stuff on our face.
No kidding. These guys on here that are saying "OMG THAT IS SO MUCH MAKEUP". Ha. Clearly they've never seen most women when they get ready for a date. I have never worn fake lashes, and I never would, but they sure seem to be popular. And she does several layers of various stuff, but if you ever read the "beauty" mags, that is what they tell these kids to do. So it's normal. I've seen TONS more older women wear way more crap that this girl does.

Old 04-22-2015, 06:35 AM

16,959 posts, read 17,387,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I doubt makeup would cover that up.

The girl in the video doesn't look much different after - I don't know what you guys are talking about. She has horrible acne, but many her age do. She is very young, and teens can have very bad complexions.
That's all it is; raging hormones at her age. A dermatologist or some of that ProActive stuff on TV should help her, maybe?

I know nothing about makeup and how its suppose to be applied, but it looked like a lot of steps in the video. Ive dated mostly women who just dont wear any, so I'm ignorant about primer, base foundation, etc; its like painting car, I suppose.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:10 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,769,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
No kidding. These guys on here that are saying "OMG THAT IS SO MUCH MAKEUP". Ha. Clearly they've never seen most women when they get ready for a date. I have never worn fake lashes, and I never would, but they sure seem to be popular. And she does several layers of various stuff, but if you ever read the "beauty" mags, that is what they tell these kids to do. So it's normal. I've seen TONS more older women wear way more crap that this girl does.
I'd bet money that if you ask the same guys to point to "9s" and "10s," the women would all have Kardashian style makeup on. Taupe eye shadow and nude lipstick and Wow! She's so natural!

Old 04-22-2015, 07:19 AM

11,823 posts, read 12,074,297 times
Quote:
I'd bet money that if you ask the same guys to point to "9s" and "10s," the women would all have Kardashian style makeup on. Taupe eye shadow and nude lipstick and Wow! She's so natural!
The girl in the OP put on a lot of makeup to hide the acne but she doesn't look that different. A while ago someone linked to a similar video of Jenna Marbles. She is a much better example of too much makeup.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:23 AM

16,959 posts, read 17,387,962 times
Quote:
Lol

Old 04-22-2015, 07:25 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,067,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
The girl in the OP put on a lot of makeup to hide the acne but she doesn't look that different. A while ago someone linked to a similar video of Jenna Marbles. She is a much better example of too much makeup.

Oh, why do people do this? She is so much better looking with no makeup. (And she made her hair worse too!!)

The only reason for that much make up is if you're going to be on TV or on stage with high intensity lights that wash out complexions.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:50 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,252,923 times
Yikes, she looks without that heavy make-up. Maybe lay off the highlights, too. Reminds me of a woman I used to work with, who used to keep a gallon-size zip-lock bag full of make-up in her desk, and during lunch she'd reapply an entire mask of make-up to get through the second half of the day.

Then again, I'm rather low-maintenance: tinted moisturizer, tinted lip balm and I'm good to go; with my light coloring, anything more looks too overdone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post

Old 04-22-2015, 09:01 AM

37,720 posts, read 46,165,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Oh, why do people do this? She is so much better looking with no makeup. (And she made her hair worse too!!)

The only reason for that much make up is if you're going to be on TV or on stage with high intensity lights that wash out complexions.
I thought the same thing. Makeup and hair were much more appealing in the before pic. I wonder if she really thought she looked better or if she was just trying to make a point about too much makeup.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:16 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,691,831 times
I look better in my opinion with makeup, but I don't look completely different. The point of makeup in everyday use isn't to look completely different. It's to enhance what you already have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships