Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 12:07 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,037,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyDay2016 View Post
She is in her early 20s.

I had a horrible complexion well into my 20s. It sucked, but its natural for many people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 12:11 PM

297 posts, read 294,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
The girl in the OP put on a lot of makeup to hide the acne but she doesn't look that different. A while ago someone linked to a similar video of Jenna Marbles. She is a much better example of too much makeup.
I posted the original video because w/out makeup she doesn't look the same. Imagine dating someone and then suddenly finding out that their face is covered with bumps & blemishes (w/out tons of makeup).

Jenna Marbles looks much better w/ makeup, but she also looks much older.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:12 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,201,030 times
Quote:
She is in her early 20s.
I am guessing it's normal. My friend, in her early 20s, anytime I saw her, she had bad acne. I never did. I would have an occasional pimple. I have had many talk about how good and clear my skin is. And when I get a pimple, I just put Noxzema on it, and leave it. let t dry up and break off lol That makes them leave damn quick.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:14 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,200,844 times
Quote:
I posted the original video because w/out makeup she doesn't look the same. Imagine dating someone and then suddenly finding out that their face is covered with bumps & blemishes (w/out tons of makeup).

Jenna Marbles looks much better w/ makeup, but she also looks much older.
I think most people with horrible skin are really self conscious about it (at least the people that I knew were) and would either not let their partner see them with out make up on or would prepare them before hand. I think, in these cases, that once it gets to the point of seeing the person with out make up on, the relationship is based on more than just looks and it isn't that horrifying.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I think most people with horrible skin are really self conscious about it (at least the people that I knew were) and would either not let their partner see them with out make up on or would prepare them before hand. I think, in these cases, that once it gets to the point of seeing the person with out make up on, the relationship is based on more than just looks and it isn't that horrifying.

I can't imagine putting a bunch of goop on makes the skin breathe and heal any better. But perhaps cosmetics have improved that much?

Old 04-22-2015, 12:18 PM

74 posts, read 95,124 times
As others have said, every woman looks different without makeup. Also every celebrity looks different in person without makeup. Some people might believe they look the same with and without makeup, but that is not true. It was the whole purpose makeup was created...it hides imperfections and enhances features.

We have been brainwashed to believe that this type of stuff is required. Eventually even men (not in the media) will be wearing makeup someday. Some probably already do actually.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:21 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,635,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
I am guessing it's normal. My friend, in her early 20s, anytime I saw her, she had bad acne. I never did. I would have an occasional pimple. I have had many talk about how good and clear my skin is. And when I get a pimple, I just put Noxzema on it, and leave it. let t dry up and break off lol That makes them leave damn quick.
Luckily, I've never had any acne issues but I've always had an oily t-zone. I guess I should just go "natural" with that so no one can say that I hid my shiny face from them.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:24 PM

297 posts, read 294,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I'd bet the rent that 80% of men can't tell when a woman uses make-up for a "natural look."

Granted, the woman in the video is not going for a natural look. Just saying. More women use make-up than men think.

As for the woman being a "dog" without her make-up, I take it these people have never seen models without theirs. She could use some Proactive or Benzac or something, but clear her skin up and she's quite pretty. Very wholesome, girl-next-door, California, fun-in-the-sun, prom queen. Her features are symmetrical, large eyes, good proportions.

However, if she's not your taste, one needs to say only "I don't find her attractive." Why some people have to be so ugly about it is beyond me.

And I hope you see what I did there.
I'm sure she turns a lot of heads when she is out and about and all made up, but what happens when she presents herself as she really is?

I don't want to criticize her, because truth be told, I too would use lots of makeup if I needed to cover a lot blemishes or acne, plus based on her vids, she seems like a nice/down to earth person.

I was just wondering how guys would handle thinking that they are dating someone who looks attractive, and then finding out later, as the relationship progresses and when the person gets more comfortable to just be who they are around you, that their real appearance is much different.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:26 PM

Quote:
I was just wondering how guys would handle thinking that they are dating someone who looks attractive, and then finding out later, as the relationship progresses and when the person gets more comfortable to just be who they are around you, that their real appearance is much different.

Uh, well, as a guy, I'm sure I would see her in her natural state within a few dates, a handful at most, anyway.

But hopefully an adult dude would be able to notice make up for what it is!

Old 04-22-2015, 12:36 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,200,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I can't imagine putting a bunch of goop on makes the skin breathe and heal any better. But perhaps cosmetics have improved that much?
I don't know. Luckily, I didn't have major acne problems. I only had a few zits at a time when I was a teen. Actually, I still get a couple zits here and there. I thought they would have left for good by now!!! But I have had friends with horrible skin and they used a ton of make up. They did look a lot better with it on - and I think they felt better but they were still horribly self conscious about their skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships