Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 10:40 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,560,181 times

Advertisements

This is along the lines of what I'm doing:

My Three-Month Facebook Dialogue With A Scammer From Malaysia Pretending To Be A Beautiful Woman - The Awl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 10:41 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,347,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post

But back to the original question, does he sound like one of those scammers?
You actually have to ask this question? SMH

Old 04-22-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
You actually have to ask this question? SMH

OK, so what if I did meet him, which I wouldn't, but I did, and he was a real person in the flesh? Is he still a scammer? Is that how he builds his trust, by actually meeting? Will he still eventually hit me up for money?

Most scammers are actually not in the U.S. and somehow manage to do all their scamming online or via phone.

So the fact that he claims to be right nearby me makes me wonder.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:32 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,332,943 times
Quote:
Few hours later, he randomly says, "U know as an African I love fat people and big body." ---- uhhhhh ok......not sure why he was telling me that, I only have face pics up for one, so is he saying I'm fat???
I can tell from the face picture in your profile that you're a fairly heavy girl. I understand why he would draw that conclusion.

I'm not sure the point of this post. Is there something you need? It's an obvious scam artist. If he's not, he's desperate and scary. Your guess as to what he's up to is as good as any of ours'. I would not communicate with the fool personally, unless I was really bored.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
I can tell from the face picture in your profile that you're a fairly heavy girl. I understand why he would draw that conclusion.

I'm not sure the point of this post. Is there something you need? It's an obvious scam artist. If he's not, he's desperate and scary. Your guess as to what he's up to is as good as any of ours'. I would not communicate with the fool personally, unless I was really bored.

OK, OUCH.

But I digress.

Yes, you're right if not scammer, then desperate and scary.

But the point of my post is just checking to see if anyone has had any similar experiences, or what they think about what's going on. Like someone might say, oh yeah, that happened to me, or I've heard of that happening to someone, etc., etc. This message board spans a great number of miles, and people, so that's why I love coming here to ask people questions.

Oh wow, he just messaged my friend!! So I may indeed get my answers soon enough!!

Old 04-22-2015, 11:46 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
he seems nice enough

Old 04-22-2015, 11:55 AM

309 posts, read 258,202 times
Quote:
I set up a date with him and I keep thinking that he will cancel, because he just cannot be serious with this! Any clue what might be up his sleeve???
RUN! It's not about him being fake that you have to worry about, it is about him being real and hungry for sex. He is just a man who has not had sex for a while and has no idea how to build relationships with women apart from telling them about his long d**k. He is probably also not used to women saying no to him, so unless you want to end up raped, run!

Old 04-22-2015, 12:03 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
OK, so what if I did meet him, which I wouldn't, but I did, and he was a real person in the flesh? Is he still a scammer? Is that how he builds his trust, by actually meeting? Will he still eventually hit me up for money?

Most scammers are actually not in the U.S. and somehow manage to do all their scamming online or via phone.

So the fact that he claims to be right nearby me makes me wonder.
About what?? That he may be the man of your dreams?

Ok, remember when your ex came over in the middle of the night and even though you know you shouldn't,for some reason you went downstairs to talk to him and then got in his car and he took off and kidnapped you? Do you remember that?

You have to use better judgment. Even though you knew it wasn't a good idea, you still went out, you still went downstairs, and you still got in the car. Yes, meeting this guy in person could convince you to let down your very weak guard and you could make yourself and your bank account vulnerable.

You have to protect yourself, and messing around with a person who should be an obvious huge NO is not using good judgment.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

Ok, remember when your ex came over in the middle of the night and even though you know you shouldn't,for some reason you went downstairs to talk to him and then got in his car and he took off and kidnapped you? Do you remember that?

You have to use better judgment. Even though you knew it wasn't a good idea, you still went out, you still went downstairs, and you still got in the car. Yes, meeting this guy in person could convince you to let down your very weak guard and you could make yourself and your bank account vulnerable.

You have to protect yourself, and messing around with a person who should be an obvious huge NO is not using good judgment.

Touché, Wmsn, touché. About the ex.

But I do not have a very weak guard. I would absolutely never give money to a stranger. That is why I have no plans to meet this person, no interest in him, not wondering if he's man of my dreams, don't care if he's as horny as an in-heat gorilla. I am simply talking to him online, and that's it. So it's not the same as the ex situation. Who for the record, I knew for 10 years and had no crazy history.

But again, touché.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:30 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
:::shaking head:::
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships