Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 05:37 PM

11 posts, read 6,634 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone this is my first post.

I am in my late twenties, and I use to know a woman a few years ago which we started to talk again a few weeks ago. I was ecstatic to talk to her again, because I have always liked her . No seriously I like her a lot! Well, I have a son and she isn't to happy that me and my ex girlfriend/ mother of my child are still friends. She is a bit jealous about it, but to her defense she makes the best of the situation.
Well anyway this is where it gets complicated, before we started talking again (mind you it was a few weeks ago). I had already made plans with my ex's family to go to her parents wedding, which was in the Bahamas for the weekend. I was honest with her from the beginning, a few days after we started talking. I told her I would be going on this trip with my ex gfs family, but I would have my own room and there is nothing going on between us. My ex and I been broken up for a year and a half and we have no interest in each other intermittently, we keep contact for the baby and get along simply for the fact that we co parent.
Okay so when I tell the girl I am talking to again this she is hesitant, but accepts it. She said as long as I call her while/ text her when I am on the trip it will be okay with her. Well of course the day of the cruise I was in a rush due to some very bad events that occurred the day before the cruise. this I was not expecting and I really dropped the ball, I left my phone charger at home . Of course I noticed this when I was on the cruise and it was too late. I was going to buy a charger but no one on the cruise had signal on the cruise or on the island anyway so I never bought one.
Now she is mad and doesn't trust me, not only that but she is cold. Seems like she lost all interest in me, and said she needs time to think if she wants to trust me. I tried to explain to her what happened but it is not helping at all. I do not blame her, but I honestly did not do anything (cheat, or things along those lines). I treat her great, I compliment her, I am affectionate, took her to a nice restaurant with reservation, and surprised her flowers on our first date. I mean I really care about her, but I cant get through to her.

Please leave me your point of view and or advice, Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 05:47 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,438,432 times
You're not in a committed relationship with her so I dont know where the jealousy is coming from. She's going to have to accept the fact that you'll be constantly communicating with your ex for parental reasons.

Personally, shes too insecure for my taste.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:48 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,681,365 times
I can understand how you could have forgotten your charger. But, didn't they have land lines on the island? Why didn't you give her a call from one of those?

Old 04-23-2015, 05:49 PM

7,491 posts, read 5,001,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_0627 View Post
Hello everyone this is my first post.

I am in my late twenties, and I use to know a woman a few years ago which we started to talk again a few weeks ago. I was ecstatic to talk to her again, because I have always liked her . No seriously I like her a lot! Well, I have a son and she isn't to happy that me and my ex girlfriend/ mother of my child are still friends. She is a bit jealous about it, but to her defense she makes the best of the situation.
Well anyway this is where it gets complicated, before we started talking again (mind you it was a few weeks ago). I had already made plans with my ex's family to go to her parents wedding, which was in the Bahamas for the weekend. I was honest with her from the beginning, a few days after we started talking. I told her I would be going on this trip with my ex gfs family, but I would have my own room and there is nothing going on between us. My ex and I been broken up for a year and a half and we have no interest in each other intermittently, we keep contact for the baby and get along simply for the fact that we co parent.
Okay so when I tell the girl I am talking to again this she is hesitant, but accepts it. She said as long as I call her while/ text her when I am on the trip it will be okay with her. Well of course the day of the cruise I was in a rush due to some very bad events that occurred the day before the cruise. this I was not expecting and I really dropped the ball, I left my phone charger at home . Of course I noticed this when I was on the cruise and it was too late. I was going to buy a charger but no one on the cruise had signal on the cruise or on the island anyway so I never bought one.
Now she is mad and doesn't trust me, not only that but she is cold. Seems like she lost all interest in me, and said she needs time to think if she wants to trust me. I tried to explain to her what happened but it is not helping at all. I do not blame her, but I honestly did not do anything (cheat, or things along those lines). I treat her great, I compliment her, I am affectionate, took her to a nice restaurant with reservation, and surprised her flowers on our first date. I mean I really care about her, but I cant get through to her.

Please leave me your point of view and or advice, Thank you.
She sure got territorial fast! How did it go from re-connecting a few weeks ago to where she's sinking her clutches in so deep that you're tormented for not making her the centre of your attention while on vacation. I'd be cautious about this.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:51 PM

8,925 posts, read 7,772,994 times
Why is she actin a fool when ya'll aren't even together?

Old 04-23-2015, 05:52 PM

718 posts, read 618,433 times
Co-parenting has absolutely nothing to do with going to your ex-inlaws wedding. That wasn't for the sake of your son. Although, I don't think its a reason to "mistrust" you.

Forgetting your charger? Yeah, super fishy. No one else in that boat cruise had a cellphone charger like yours? Hmmm....

Don't blame her one bit for thinking something else might've happened.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:53 PM

97 posts, read 81,089 times
Agree to above. That's why I never dated men with kids under 18. Too complicated for my taste. My husband had a son with his ex. His is just a sad situation.

She needs to woman up and accept the fact you will be in constant communication with your ex coz of the child or she has to end your relationship if she can't take it..

Old 04-23-2015, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
You're not in a committed relationship with her so I dont know where the jealousy is coming from. She's going to have to accept the fact that you'll be constantly communicating with your ex for parental reasons.

Personally, shes too insecure for my taste.
Yeah, I know but shes been hurt before so she has a few trust issues. She isnt too bad about it she is just not use to dates man with kids.

Old 04-23-2015, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
I can understand how you could have forgotten your charger. But, didn't they have land lines on the island? Why didn't you give her a call from one of those?
It was my first time on a cruise and I did not know that you can do outgoing calls from it, I thought it was only used to call on the ship to room service and other rooms .

Old 04-23-2015, 06:08 PM

7,491 posts, read 5,001,569 times
Send her some flowers, tell her you screwed up, and ask her if she'll give you another chance. If she's worth it, she'll say yes ... if she says no, then be thankful you're don't have to put up with an unforgiving friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships