Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 08:08 PM

52,417 posts, read 52,940,397 times

Advertisements

I think that a girl and a boy would be ideal if you were to have kids.

I think the convo needs to happen ASAP, at least in the generic sense. People should it out that they are planning or not planning on having kids.

Pretty important stuff actually. If you have one person staunchly in opposition to having kids that should be known up front so people don't waste time on someone that's not compatible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2015, 08:57 PM

524 posts, read 747,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think that a girl and a boy would be ideal if you were to have kids.

I think the convo needs to happen ASAP, at least in the generic sense. People should it out that they are planning or not planning on having kids.

Pretty important stuff actually. If you have one person staunchly in opposition to having kids that should be known up front so people don't waste time on someone that's not compatible.
Oh she wants kids shes a little concerned if shes not able to have kids, but in other discussions we talked about long term stuff like marriage and all I know she asked me early on not too long after the first date

Old 04-26-2015, 12:04 AM

3,016 posts, read 3,922,286 times
Since I have a vasectomy, I wait for the topic to come up.

Then I look into her eyes and tell her that I want to have kids and agree that they would be amazing and beautiful children.

Then proceed to spend the next few months banging away non-stop as she is too since she wants to get pregnant.

Then when she tells me that she is pregnant, I start laughing and explain that there is no way that it could be mine because I have a vasectomy and cleared the first three test rounds and another one every year since then.

The last time I did that, the woman that I was with (that obviously cheated) started hitting me in my face and screaming you son of a b- - - - and I ran (laughing) into a room in my house and slammed the door. It was an MDF door, so not real wood and she started pushing and kicking it, eventually busting the part where the door knob locked and then she started hitting me again while I said 'Just admit that your a sl--' then I got her in an arm lock and held her up against the wall and detached and ran down to my man cave and she was chasing after me like a rabid wombat.

She finally left. But texted 'Your a liar!!!!'

And I was like. . . . .WTF? I might have lied about having a vasectomy, but I never lied about banging someone else.

Old 04-26-2015, 01:01 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,731,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Since I have a vasectomy, I wait for the topic to come up.

Then I look into her eyes and tell her that I want to have kids and agree that they would be amazing and beautiful children.

Then proceed to spend the next few months banging away non-stop as she is too since she wants to get pregnant.

Then when she tells me that she is pregnant, I start laughing and explain that there is no way that it could be mine because I have a vasectomy and cleared the first three test rounds and another one every year since then.

The last time I did that, the woman that I was with (that obviously cheated) started hitting me in my face and screaming you son of a b- - - - and I ran (laughing) into a room in my house and slammed the door. It was an MDF door, so not real wood and she started pushing and kicking it, eventually busting the part where the door knob locked and then she started hitting me again while I said 'Just admit that your a sl--' then I got her in an arm lock and held her up against the wall and detached and ran down to my man cave and she was chasing after me like a rabid wombat.

She finally left. But texted 'Your a liar!!!!'

And I was like. . . . .WTF? I might have lied about having a vasectomy, but I never lied about banging someone else.
You are still a liar ...... you just lied about something different than she did.....don't throw out your shoulder patting yourself on the back.

Oh...and vasectomies do fail. ....you might want to make sure that isn't the case.

Old 04-26-2015, 02:18 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,242,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubieB4 View Post
I was curious how long after you started dating did you bring up the topic of having kids down the road?
Third date. Every single man knew on the third date that there would be NO KIDS.

Did that stop my ex-hub from b.s.ing about not wanting kids and then trying to change my mind after we were married? No.

Did that stop my ex-SO from b.s.ing about not wanting kids? No.

Now I don't believe a man unless he is at least in his mid-40s AND has either already had kids or shows me proof of his vasectomy. Doesn't matter that I'm fixed. I think a lot of men out there have no clue what they want, or think they can change a woman's mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
Doesn't everyone think about having kids someday?

Yes. And then a lot of us stop thinking about it and live the rest of our lives content to let other people deal with it.

Last edited by Lilac110; 04-26-2015 at 02:27 AM..

Old 04-26-2015, 05:07 AM

97 posts, read 80,986 times
Quote:
I was curious how long after you started dating did you bring up the topic of having kids down the road?
My husband when we were dating told me that's the reason he broke up with me. He knows I want kids. It's in my profile. I didn't know he does not want kids . Yes I only look at pics.

But he brought it up because he wants to make sure I am fine with not having kids once I decided to marry him.

We did almost divorced because there was a condom accident. So he is really dead serious about it. He got vasectomy eventually or we won't remain married now.

That's why that other thread where the poster decided to go ahead with her pregnancy knowing her BF does not want kids. Makes me sad for the future baby. She is playing with that kid's future life. Wow. Unbelievable.

My expereince was a nightmare and I didn't even plan the condom to break. so I just can't fathom someone knowingly do it to themselves, unmarried.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:23 AM

39,400 posts, read 27,779,736 times
Quote:
I think it depends. My fiance is my best friend, I always know he loves children. So it is not a big surprise to me. The problem is timing. He said he wanted to have children in the next five years or so, but it is also up to me to decide when. I think it is very reasonable request.

If having kids is a must for you, you perhaps want to bring up the subject sooner.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:32 AM

13,703 posts, read 9,804,283 times
For persons who regarding eventual parenthood as being something reasonable and worthwhile, but for whom timing and other logistical issues are the main impediment, a discussion about children can wait until later in the dating-process. For those who are especially keen to reproduce, or on the contrary for the child-free, it's Topic #1.

Quote:
Doesn't everyone think about having kids someday?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yes.

Old 04-26-2015, 11:01 AM

20,714 posts, read 16,477,147 times
Quote:

We were in our 20s. Doesn't everyone think about having kids someday?
Nope....though most people think about WHETHER they want to have kids someday.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:28 PM

524 posts, read 747,319 times
She told me within a few years but it's good she brought up the discussion about it but we both like children
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships