Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 05:53 PM

3,850 posts, read 4,163,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubieB4 View Post
I was curious how long after you started dating did you bring up the topic of having kids down the road?
Never. However, I did bring up the topic of not having kids down the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 12:44 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,427,060 times
Quote:
I was curious how long after you started dating did you bring up the topic of having kids down the road?
Not especially the first date if you are complete strangers, not unless you both totally hit-it-off and are hanging out talking for hours and hours on end (those are rare occasions). And, even so, you both don't know each other too well yet. I personally get scared. Best to keep convos a little light-hearted at first? I think so, yes.

Old 04-27-2015, 02:31 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,548,820 times
4 months in

Old 04-27-2015, 06:15 AM

229 posts, read 245,175 times
After the condom breaks, or you "forget" to put one on

Old 04-27-2015, 07:20 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,063,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
We were in our 20s. Doesn't everyone think about having kids someday?

Definitely not. I dated several women who never gave it any thought. I never did either, really.

Old 04-27-2015, 01:50 PM

523 posts, read 746,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
Not especially the first date if you are complete strangers, not unless you both totally hit-it-off and are hanging out talking for hours and hours on end (those are rare occasions). And, even so, you both don't know each other too well yet. I personally get scared. Best to keep convos a little light-hearted at first? I think so, yes.
I'm guessing we did hit it off because within the first 15 min of meeting we were already kissing, 2nd date by the evening time we went to starbucks we french kissed, the next date she told me we will be talking about "life" which to me means planning

I have to say she is amazing children thing aside I don't think I could ever find a better loving girlfriend

Old 04-27-2015, 02:10 PM

30,909 posts, read 37,047,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
Doesn't everyone think about having kids someday?
No.

I remember thinking at age 12 that being gay meant I didn't have to worry about having kids. I was surprised to learn when I got older that some gay men actually want them.

Old 04-27-2015, 02:13 PM

30,909 posts, read 37,047,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Since I have a vasectomy, I wait for the topic to come up.

Then I look into her eyes and tell her that I want to have kids and agree that they would be amazing and beautiful children.

Then proceed to spend the next few months banging away non-stop as she is too since she wants to get pregnant.

Then when she tells me that she is pregnant, I start laughing and explain that there is no way that it could be mine because I have a vasectomy and cleared the first three test rounds and another one every year since then.

The last time I did that, the woman that I was with (that obviously cheated) started hitting me in my face and screaming you son of a b- - - - and I ran (laughing) into a room in my house and slammed the door. It was an MDF door, so not real wood and she started pushing and kicking it, eventually busting the part where the door knob locked and then she started hitting me again while I said 'Just admit that your a sl--' then I got her in an arm lock and held her up against the wall and detached and ran down to my man cave and she was chasing after me like a rabid wombat.

She finally left. But texted 'Your a liar!!!!'

And I was like. . . . .WTF? I might have lied about having a vasectomy, but I never lied about banging someone else.
Like attracts like

Old 04-27-2015, 02:36 PM

11 posts, read 7,050 times
talking about kids is a sign of love he wants probably the relations to go far it's really good think

Old 04-27-2015, 03:52 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,103,361 times
Quote:
I told her two kids for me and she wants two as well, where we differ is she wants two girls and I want a girl and a boy.
What you want and what you get might be complete different, unless you plan to adopt and specify the gender of the child.

I'm pretty sure my husband knew very quickly into dating that I wanted kids. We were only in HS but I had worked with kids, my career path was education and I wasn't shy about telling folks I wanted a houseful.

I didn't tell him I wanted HIS kids though...I'm sure that came much later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships