Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 07:21 AM

1,850 posts, read 3,025,388 times

Advertisements

No matter how shy you are, you still have it much easier than any guy. Much easier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 08:20 AM

422 posts, read 451,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
sort of, still kinda coming out my shell but better than I was in my teens and early 20's
I can tell.

As you already know, I'm shy too, so I completely understand. It's rough, and I do agree the dating world is much harder for men.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
Take a chance............I can be introverted...........I agreed to meet this nice, attractive, shy lady because she admitted she was shy and that took the anxiety off of meeting for a 1st date and that actually became a funny topic of our date.

What a cute story!

I thought about telling him in a joking way that I'm shy because he's shy too, but seems to push through it more than me. This weekend I was talking to some people and he was standing there and I couldn't even make eye contact!

Now that I think about it, earlier on when we first met he did say to me one day "what are you doing tonight?" And I gave him a crazy look and told him I had plans.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
You need to give him a hint that you see him as BF material. Trust me its a lot easier for why women then it is for shy men.
Everyday I say to myself "ok! I'm gonna chat him up today" but the moment I see him my lips go numb. This thing is going nowhere. I need to let it go already.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:40 AM

354 posts, read 282,485 times
Maybe it was mentioned earlier and I didn't notice, where do you keep running into this guy without actually talking to him? Do ya'll work together? Go to the same college?

Old 05-04-2015, 10:50 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,134,296 times
I used to be painfully shy back in high school and early college days. I'll never be the life of the party, but I don't have trouble making friends or talking to guys anymore. It's hard to tell if this guy is interested in you, or just being friendly. I remember being interested in a guy back in college - I made a point to talk to him and he was receptive. We even studied together in the library one day. One day I asked him if he wanted to get together outside of class and he dropped the girlfriend bomb. Hey, whatever. I put myself out there and it didn't work out, but then I knew and at least I gave it a shot.

I'm not trying to beat you down, but you're in your 20s. This is middle school stuff. If you're having trouble making conversation, just ask him questions about himself. People love to talk about themselves. Ask him how his day was, what does he do for a living, can't go wrong with a little sports talk. What do you have to lose?

Old 05-04-2015, 11:07 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,336,346 times
From what guys tell me, shy, reserved, non assertive girls are boring prudes.

Old 05-04-2015, 11:40 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,272,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeLoveNotWar View Post
I can tell.

As you already know, I'm shy too, so I completely understand. It's rough, and I do agree the dating world is much harder for men.
it all depends on what perspective you are looking at it from, yet too many people disagree with that, they always come up with a counter-argument by saying "for every girl that has a boyfriend, that guy has a girlfriend" YES DUH I KNOW THAT!!!!, but the guy had to do all of the damn work in order to make it happen!, and the guy is expected to do more than just ask the girl out on a date first, he is expected to approach and talk to her for the first time, break the ice, initiate conversation, ask for the number, plan the date, call or text first, initiate all forms of talking, communication between the first and second date, third and forth date.

Anyway, I got this from a Dating Coach/Guru for men, and he summed it up right here:

[SIZE=3][/SIZE][SIZE=3]“Women in general will notapproach men. They will not plan dates, they will not call or text first, and theysimply will not make anything interesting actually happen until you have hadsex with them and have officially formed a relationship that is sociallyrecognized. They will be ready, however, and they will follow the right man wholeads them, because they dream of being taken and swept off their feet by a manwho knows what he is doing.” - W. Anton[/SIZE][SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]This is my counter-argument to argue and say why I feel it's easier for women, because if men truly had it easier or just as equal as women did, then Dating Coaches/Guru's, PUA's, the seduction community would not exist, there are literally people out there that make money off of guys that struggle to meet and attract women, guys like Will Smith's character "Hitch", actually do exist. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Plus, it seems there are more male late bloomers in dating/relationships/sex than female late bloomers, whenever you hear of a person who is like over the age of 25 and still single, as in never had a relationship before, still a virgin, it's almost always guys, men you hear of that are like that, or maybe men are just vocal about it more than women are, after all, Susan Boyle apparently did not get her first boyfriend until her early 50's!, and people will argue against the late bloomer thing by saying that a girl in her teens and early 20's likely had a guy that was around her age, yes but you also have to take into account, men typically go after younger women, the man is typically older than the woman in relationships.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Old 05-04-2015, 12:45 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,535,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
From what guys tell me, shy, reserved, non assertive girls are boring prudes.
Not necessarily true, some just take some time to liven up and then you see the wild side

Old 05-04-2015, 01:11 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,336,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
Not necessarily true, some just take some time to liven up and then you see the wild side
I don't have patience with shy women. I don't see them as anybody worth dating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships