Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 05:02 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,937,111 times

Advertisements

What you do off the clock with whomever is your own business.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:54 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,940,487 times
This question is phrased very strange. You almost sound like you are discussing a business arrangement ("this guy wants to have sex with me"). What's missing her of course is "we want to have sex with each other", and that's a bit disturbing, as if 1.) you don't want to have sex yourself and are only placating the man, and 2.) your only concern is work-related. You aren't buying a DVD from a co-worker, you are deciding if you wish to enter into an intimate arrangement, with far reaching implications beyond work. Treat it as such.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:23 AM

1,596 posts, read 2,063,751 times
Don't do it OP. It's not worth the risk. Obviously you have reservations about doing this, and you have already told him no. It's one thing if he wanted to take you out to dinner and you naturally develop a nice relationship. But for him to just want to sleep with you... who else has he asked out at work to do the same thing. If you tell him no, and he keeps pestering you, it's sexual harassment, and evidence that you did the right thing in not sleeping with him.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:28 AM

3,649 posts, read 4,516,559 times
I've done it plenty of times with different women and it's never been a problem. In fact 3/4 of my serious girlfriends I met at work.

People will find out though.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:32 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,581,713 times
Men, some of them, well ...... Lot's of them try to get women to sleep with them.
It's kinda like getting a trophy. Once he has been successful at accomplishing his mission he may change. You're just another notch in his belt. If things aren't right for you then I say nay, but if you're into him like you say he is into you then by all means go for it. Everyone must meet someone somewhere. The work place is just another place for people to meet up, just like you favorite bar, restaurant or church etc. It's the after effect that you should feel OK with, not just the sex......

Old 04-27-2015, 07:33 AM

4,271 posts, read 8,189,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
You aren't buying a DVD from a co-worker
If only it were that easy!

Old 04-27-2015, 07:45 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,582,315 times
You never really said if you wanted to be a willing participant. If you met him elsewhere would you do it? The answer to this question is quite important lol

Otherwise it sounds like some creeper chasing you around trying to have sex with you.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:55 AM

2,677 posts, read 2,104,105 times
I agree that the OP's question is writtent strangely. I would say that if you work with this guy every day or perhaps have the same manager then it is not a good idea to be involved. But honestly, your coworkers probably alreday think that you are together.

However, if you work for a big company, don't have the same manager and maybe even work in different divisions then I really don't see a problem. If you say no to that then you really reduce your dating opportunities.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:05 AM

65 posts, read 47,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MItoBH View Post
Don't do it OP. It's not worth the risk. Obviously you have reservations about doing this, and you have already told him no. It's one thing if he wanted to take you out to dinner and you naturally develop a nice relationship. But for him to just want to sleep with you... who else has he asked out at work to do the same thing. If you tell him no, and he keeps pestering you, it's sexual harassment, and evidence that you did the right thing in not sleeping with him.
One other guy at work has asked (he is apparently divorced), but I've refused his requests as well.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:07 AM

65 posts, read 47,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
You never really said if you wanted to be a willing participant. If you met him elsewhere would you do it? The answer to this question is quite important lol

Otherwise it sounds like some creeper chasing you around trying to have sex with you.
I think, honestly, even if I saw him on the street and we weren't co-workers, I would still say no, I'm already cautious of guys who just want to have sex and aside from that I'm a tad bit careful who I associate with. As far as being a willing participant, the answer is no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships