Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 11:11 AM

8,925 posts, read 7,767,347 times

Advertisements

I don't pay any attention to other people's sex lives.

Honestly I don't think it's really wise to talk about it freely. It can cause drama and it's not really something other people need to know. Most folks I know talk about it like they get it every week.

I never really understood really feeling the need to talk about it amongst other people unless they're bored or can't find anything interesting to talk about.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:13 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,164,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Most of my friends have been in relationships more than they have been single. And we used to tell each other everything before we got married. There's no way any of my close friends has had sex with 40 men. I wouldn't judge them if they had - but there's just no way.

Most of mine have been too. Several have been married for 10-15 years now (since their early 30s). But 30 or 40 isn't much for many of them. That's only, on average, a 2-3 or so a year since they started having sex (and they had many 2-3 year relationships before marriage).

I'm not saying those numbers are the norm, they're just not uncommon at all.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:25 AM

12,998 posts, read 9,742,396 times
I don't believe the average person cares how many times single people in their 20s and 30s have sex. I mean do people actually go around thinking about something like that. And I don't believe everybody will be truthful about something like that anyway. Some people for the purpose of their image are going to inflate the numbers.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:35 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,220,816 times
Quote:
I think it depends on a bunch of things - and not necessarily whether you are a prude or you are hot. Location, relationships, overall attitude about sex and relationships, social circle, drug/alcohol use, etc.
Agreed here. Some people love sex, but are only interested in doing it within a relationship. As a member here stated. They love sex, but they won't bring out the blindfold on a 1st date with a guy, has to be a guy they have spoken to for a while and been around and gotten to know a bit. Sometimes it can be location. Even if it's just casual sex, some locations aren't the best for young singles.

The women I know where the convo came up, all of them are in their mid-late 20s with only 3 partners at most.

So, depends on the people. If they want sex, they will find someone and somewhere to get it. Even if a bit of a commute is needed.

So, really I would say unless you interview everyone on earth, and assume people aren't increasing or decreasing numbers, then you never really know. And it's not too important anyhow. What's average or not means nothing. it depends on your comfort level. If you only have sex within a committed relationship, go for it, and ignore anyone who'd tell you it's wrong, or stupid. The reverse, if you just want to have casual sex, you have free will to do that as well. And for a relationship, if anyone would have issues with your previous sexual experience, or lack of, should the convo come up, then it means you're both not a match. Next.

Old 04-27-2015, 12:45 PM

15,861 posts, read 20,721,817 times
6 pages in...and I think we are discussing something other than the topic brought forth.

Not number of sexual partners, but how often someone in their 20's and 30's has sex. As in once a week, once a month, once a year? etc.

Old 04-27-2015, 01:11 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,259,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
6 pages in...and I think we are discussing something other than the topic brought forth.

Not number of sexual partners, but how often someone in their 20's and 30's has sex. As in once a week, once a month, once a year? etc.
Well, since he asked about one night stands - wouldn't the number of times be the same as the number of people?

Old 04-27-2015, 01:16 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,096,507 times
I didn't really intend on asking about one night stands, but I guess it kinda turned out that way.

Old 04-27-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I didn't really intend on asking about one night stands, but I guess it kinda turned out that way.
If you don't mind, why did you ask about this kind of thing?

Old 04-27-2015, 01:36 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,096,507 times
Quote:
If you don't mind, why did you ask about this kind of thing?
Just curiosity. I'm 30 but don't go around chasing women. I have friends in their mid to late 20s that do. I got to thinking I wonder where the average might lie. I have no problem with the concept of it, but I'm more of a relationship kind of guy and I'm moving across the country this summer so there's no point in trying to "look for someone". I was just wondering if I was in the minority as far as not actively going out and "trying to scoop" as my friends call it haha

Old 04-27-2015, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Just curiosity. I'm 30 but don't go around chasing women. I have friends in their mid to late 20s that do. I got to thinking I wonder where the average might lie. I have no problem with the concept of it, but I'm more of a relationship kind of guy and I'm moving across the country this summer so there's no point in trying to "look for someone". I was just wondering if I was in the minority as far as not actively going out and "trying to scoop" as my friends call it haha
I guess it depends on your social circle. Most of my friends were not really into casual sex. One of my close friends thought she was but she was really bad at it. I have known a few guys over the years that seemed to have lots of one night stands before they got married. It's funny - on here people are always talking about how it's hot/rich guys that get all the babes. The two guys that I'm specifically thinking of weren't that hot and if they were loaded, I didn't know about it! Most of my friends are more relationship minded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships