Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 06:44 AM

1 posts, read 831 times

Advertisements

Reason that I am asking this question and hopefully I will get more responses from married men. I want to do a test question scenario. Let's say there is a married couple . The husband is a financial analyst. He and his wife have 2 small children. A 3 year old daughter and a 10 month old son. The husband runs into a very hot and attractive younger woman than his wife. Let's say his wife is average looking and this younger woman he met at work or in a business seminar is topping the scale for beauty. Let's say this woman gets all flirty with him at the business seminar or business luncheon . Is this guy smart enough to tell this attractive woman to leave him alone because he is a dedicated family man or will be dumb enough to go cheat on his wife and possibly sleep with the young woman?

Ladies, I want you input on if you were this guys wife , and remember this just a test not true story. Would you go to marriage counseling or divorce this guy in a heartbeat if you caught him messing around with this hot young woman ? And there are small children involved in this guys marriage

Are men really that faithful in marriage especially with young children
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 06:46 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
What a question. People are individuals. Nobody here knows if your husband is cheating on you.

Old 04-29-2015, 06:49 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Some are, some aren't. Just like some women are, some women aren't.

Same this century, as the 20th, as the 19th, etc.

We don't know if your husband is cheating.

Old 04-29-2015, 06:52 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,355,682 times
You're asking for generalizations, and infidelity cannot easily be predicted.

Any given person can cheat on a spouse under the right circumstances. There are no guarantees.
Someone that tells you they or their spouse would never cheat is lying to you, themselves or has no imagination.

In answer to your hypothetical situation--he might cheat. He might not. It depends on his overall happiness in his marriage.

Would I go to marriage counseling--yes. That's because for me my marriage vows included "for better, for worse." Recovering from infidelity is not an easy path to take, but it can be done. I suspect that in the long-term divorce would be much more difficult. Again though, I'm thinking about my own spouse and the person he is. This hypothetical person might be a real loser in other ways.

Old 04-29-2015, 06:53 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,153,092 times
How long have they been married?

Old 04-29-2015, 06:54 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,110,560 times
Whoever this "husband" is... seems like a very superficial person who would risk his family over simply someone who is young, hot, attractive... Maybe I'm just being naive but I think the vast majority of married men's infidelity starts from internal factors of the marriage.. not external.

The Truth About Why Men Cheat

"48% of men rated emotional dissatisfaction as the primary reason they cheated"

and

"Only 12% of cheating men said their mistress was more physically attractive than their wife."

At least those are the stats that applied to me....

My wife and I strayed apart for many reasons including stresses, lack of communication, lack of intimacy... we have been together for more than 20 years. The person I developed feelings for was someone who over the course of a long time was someone I confided in my life's problems and joys. That person knows every aspect of myself including that I am married with children. That person probably knows more about my recent inner thoughts than even my wife. I consider the person a close friend and it developed from there. She's attractive (and so is my wife). But it was the emotional aspect that drove us together.... and it was the emotional aspect that caused a whole lot of hurt when I ended the relationship.

Last edited by usayit; 04-29-2015 at 07:03 AM.. Reason: oops.. c&p a wrong quote from article.

Old 04-29-2015, 06:58 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,110,560 times
Oh yes...

We get a lot of threads here always about the men cheating.

But

If one thing HAS CHANGED in recent decades is that women are found to cheat just as much. The family structure has changed... women are in the workforce ... women are more independent ... women are less dependent on a male for survival .. birth control has given them control over their bodies .. etc..

All of this lessens the risks to a women's life if they choose to cheat... equality... for better or worse.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:43 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,394,970 times
Most men and women who cheat don't do it because they were overwhelmed by someone's looks.

They may find the new person attractive, but that's not the real reason they are cheating. There is some underlying issue in their primary relationship or themselves.

Some men and some women cheat. It's usually brought on by some kind of stress if they are an average person. ( pregnancy, newborn baby, money, job loss, moving, illness, renovating a house, losing a parent, mid life crisis, past abuse etc....)

You may have some serial cheaters, who just cheat from the get go.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:44 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,394,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Oh yes...

We get a lot of threads here always about the men cheating.

But

If one thing HAS CHANGED in recent decades is that women are found to cheat just as much. The family structure has changed... women are in the workforce ... women are more independent ... women are less dependent on a male for survival .. birth control has given them control over their bodies .. etc..

All of this lessens the risks to a women's life if they choose to cheat... equality... for better or worse.
Some women have cheated since the dawn of the human race. It just was more hidden and less in the open than male cheating in the past.

Cheaters gonna cheat.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:49 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandygerrun View Post
Reason that I am asking this question and hopefully I will get more responses from married men. I want to do a test question scenario. Let's say there is a married couple . The husband is a financial analyst. He and his wife have 2 small children. A 3 year old daughter and a 10 month old son. The husband runs into a very hot and attractive younger woman than his wife. Let's say his wife is average looking and this younger woman he met at work or in a business seminar is topping the scale for beauty. Let's say this woman gets all flirty with him at the business seminar or business luncheon . Is this guy smart enough to tell this attractive woman to leave him alone because he is a dedicated family man or will be dumb enough to go cheat on his wife and possibly sleep with the young woman?

Ladies, I want you input on if you were this guys wife , and remember this just a test not true story. Would you go to marriage counseling or divorce this guy in a heartbeat if you caught him messing around with this hot young woman ? And there are small children involved in this guys marriage

Are men really that faithful in marriage especially with young children
You realize that you are asking a sexist question, don't you? Because you assume that all men are alike. In the scenario you envision, some men would succumb to temptation while others would not.

Personally, I make a point of telling MrsCPG if I feel someone has been flirting with me. Not because I want to brag, but rather so she knows that I do not have conversations I wouldn't have with her standing next to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships