Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 11:00 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,406,213 times

Advertisements

i have back problems getting out of my Lamborgini, it is causing my back to ache, from the awkward posture of me being in such a low position.. does anyone have any tips?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 11:22 PM

11,171 posts, read 8,019,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
No kidding!

"We went on two dates and he didnt say I love you...I'm being played?" or "She told me she only wants sex- with no strings attached-....where do I stand?"

And now we have this thread "I'm tired of dating rich woman, give me a humble homeless woman"

LMAO
Please don't discourage these people from posting.. They keep me in stitches!

Old 04-30-2015, 01:02 AM

18 posts, read 13,519 times
Hey OP, don't be put off by the sarcasm by some of these posters. Not everybody gets it.

I can empathize. I didn't not come from a well off family, at all, and know how uncomfortable it can be to have your GF's parents grill you about your family background. It's one of the reasons I avoid serious relationships now.

Their kind are just being who they are. Being stable and affluent is their thing, and they want that for their kids, and they probably believe that a guy from a stable and affluent family is more of a sure thing that a guy that is more self made.

If you are set on having a serious relationship, it will probably just take a lot of time, and a lot of dates (the old saying that you have to kiss a lot of frogs). But you could also just be a player. Why not? Do you really want kids?

Old 04-30-2015, 04:50 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,293,665 times
Sucks to be you man....you need to go find a lower class female, to feel good about yourself? WTF is wrong? LOL, no wonder I don't come her that much

Old 04-30-2015, 05:21 PM

13,697 posts, read 9,791,429 times
I was going to start a thread about incessantly stumbling onto women in menial jobs, whose fathers are deadbeat alcoholics and whose siblings are paranoid schizophrenics on public-assistance, who dropped out of college and are now mired in insurmountable debt (full disclosure: I dated such a woman for 1+ years), but this thread superseded my intent.

You know, reverse-psychology to the second-power is back to direct meaning. Odd powers preserve the negation, even powers destroy it.

Old 04-30-2015, 05:59 PM

48,599 posts, read 35,070,562 times
Why am I always misplacing my keys?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-30-2015, 06:53 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,207,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
some of the threads posted on here..... lmao

You know?? Sheesh I cant even post *MY* problems then if that's what others are dealing with . I might as well just walk into traffic.

But, ive got to tinkle first.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:23 PM

22,145 posts, read 33,696,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
i have back problems getting out of my Lamborgini, it is causing my back to ache, from the awkward posture of me being in such a low position.. does anyone have any tips?

I hear that if you drive a Mercedes Benz they shove a stick up your butt before giving you the keys. Supposedly it's great therapy for a bad back/scoliosis/sciatic/bulged disk or if you need a superiority complex. Try that.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:29 PM

102,302 posts, read 108,429,936 times
This topic sounds awfully familiar. Somebody posted about this last year sometime...

OP, I'm afraid you're out of luck. There are no down-to-earth women who aren't wealthy, anywhere in the US.

But if your father had a good career, what's the problem? I don't get it. You tell them what field your dad was in, and that's that. Why would that be a problem?

Old 04-30-2015, 07:40 PM

2,634 posts, read 4,066,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinJimberlake View Post
Hey OP, don't be put off by the sarcasm by some of these posters. Not everybody gets it.

I can empathize. I didn't not come from a well off family, at all, and know how uncomfortable it can be to have your GF's parents grill you about your family background. It's one of the reasons I avoid serious relationships now.

Their kind are just being who they are. Being stable and affluent is their thing, and they want that for their kids, and they probably believe that a guy from a stable and affluent family is more of a sure thing that a guy that is more self made.

If you are set on having a serious relationship, it will probably just take a lot of time, and a lot of dates (the old saying that you have to kiss a lot of frogs). But you could also just be a player. Why not? Do you really want kids?
The OP would get more thought out responses if he asked "why can't I be accepted by wealthy families or hey do I keep dating women from such families?" His phrase of the question would make Marie Antoinette a complainer for being stuck with cake? He has to own up to their responsibility of obviously wanting to get involved with privileged women in the first place. The desire for acceptance among another class is believable, it's the idea of wealthy women being his only option that's not believable.

If this post is serious, I'd suggest being honest and start looking for middle class women with typical lifestyles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships