Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 04:58 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,012,478 times

Advertisements

this has been discussed many times here before, but i thought the topic was worth revisiting since the article below was written by a >40yo successful business woman who is a matchmaker to successful men, so apparently she has some basis for her professional opinion on the subject. The key in my opinion is the qualifier of "successful" men, since the 2010 OKCupid report indicates that ALL men find younger women more physically attractive (same as "prefer" younger women? idk),and according to this matchmaker, the successful men have no problem finding younger women.

candidly, the "older guys prefer younger women" theory is a pretty much a truism to me, so what is more interesting to me is her opinion on the relationship dynamics. like the comment on whether there is true love or LTR longevity issues.

OKCupid
Dataclysm Shows Men Are Attracted To Women In Their 20s - Business Insider

Why Older Rich Men Will ALWAYS Want (And Get) Younger Women | Marina Margulis | YourTango

I'm a matchmaker. I don't take on women as clients. My clients are successful wealthy men who normally ask to be introduced to much younger beautiful women.

Usually this is the part where older (read 40+) women accuse me of being misogynistic. They claim that it is because of women like me, who perpetuate this ugly reality, that older women cannot find men. Some men agree.

Reality, however, is different. It may not be much kinder, but it is different. The reason successful men prefer to date younger women is because THEY CAN. Women are not attracted to youth. Women are attracted to confidence and power.

more in article... and of course i'm not suggesting that ppl can't find love and satisfying relationships at any age; i've always believed that ppl should search and find love in any manner that suits their heart's desire, so long as it's legal of course.

Last edited by Keeper; 04-20-2015 at 07:43 AM.. Reason: copyright violation

Old 04-19-2015, 05:00 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,920,589 times
File this one under "No Duh."

Old 04-19-2015, 05:01 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,380,733 times
Hey, as long as rich older men know that the only reason they're getting a hot piece of 25-year-old tale is because they have money, that's fine by me! #WhiterShadesofProstitution

Old 04-19-2015, 05:01 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
Well, "always" is a big word, and I know too many very wealthy men married to women their own age to agree.

Otherwise... yawn.

Why would I care what other people do, didn't even care when I was single.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-19-2015, 05:05 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,226,239 times
This is no different than any of the other gazillion articles about the same topic.
Not much worth revisiting when only the words, year and statistic numbers change, the basic idea is the same.

Who cares, people are attracted to who they are attracted to and honest to goodness if I read one more word about how much "better" some young "coin bounce off your butt body" is than anyone else I am going to throw up.

That coin will not "bounce" forever because age, children, and any number of other things will change all of whatever it is she is supposed to have that makes better than anyone else.

It is way beyond the time for humans to accept that other humans may or may not be attracted to them no matter what their age is or what their butt looks like.

Old 04-19-2015, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa78703 View Post
Hey, as long as rich older men know that the only reason they're getting a hot piece of 25-year-old tale is because they have money, that's fine by me! #WhiterShadesofProstitution
interesting response, and there is some truth to the comment imho, such as there seems to be more self-interesting and personal gain these days (what have you done for me lately, bringing something to the table, what does he have to offer me? etc.) definitely much more commerce aspect to dating and relationships (note i didn't mention romance), really how else do you describe the sudden rise and social acceptance of sugar daddies, almost seems like its just another form on the financial aid application on campuses these days. i hear lots of younger guys complaining about women going for guys with more money, which btw i don't think is completely accurate; there are short term and long term qualities that women are attracted to, at least from my experience and observations.

Old 04-19-2015, 05:09 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Well, "always" is a big word, and I know too many very wealthy men married to women their own age to agree..
This. The author has a specialized practice, it sounds like. Just because her wealthy clients are after young women doesn't mean all wealthy men think alike. They don't.

Old 04-19-2015, 05:11 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,247,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
this has been discussed many times here before, but i thought the topic was worth revisiting since the article below was written by a >40yo successful business woman who is a matchmaker to successful men, so apparently she has some basis for her professional opinion on the subject. The key in my opinion is the qualifier of "successful" men, since the 2010 OKCupid report indicates that ALL men find younger women more physically attractive (same as "prefer" younger women? idk),and according to this matchmaker, the successful men have no problem finding younger women.

candidly, the "older guys prefer younger women" theory is a pretty much a truism to me, so what is more interesting to me is her opinion on the relationship dynamics. like the comment on whether there is true love or LTR longevity issues.

OKCupid
Dataclysm Shows Men Are Attracted To Women In Their 20s - Business Insider

Why Older Rich Men Will ALWAYS Want (And Get) Younger Women | Marina Margulis | YourTango

I'm a matchmaker. I don't take on women as clients. My clients are successful wealthy men who normally ask to be introduced to much younger beautiful women.

Usually this is the part where older (read 40+) women accuse me of being misogynistic. They claim that it is because of women like me, who perpetuate this ugly reality, that older women cannot find men. Some men agree.

Reality, however, is different. It may not be much kinder, but it is different. The reason successful men prefer to date younger women is because THEY CAN. Women are not attracted to youth. Women are attracted to confidence and power.

So when a beautiful woman in her 20s or 30s meets a man who is in his 50s and has the world in the palm of his hand, that is sexy and alluring to her. His age becomes as irrelevant to her as last year's fashion. All you have to do is walk into one of the numerous upscale restaurants or clubs of New York City. All the young, drop-dead gorgeous women accompanying older men were not dragged there by force; I can assure you.

It almost becomes irrelevant to these men (or this story) whether these young ladies are truly in love or are merely out to make better lives for themselves. What counts is that they are sitting across from a woman who is beautiful, intelligent and alive. She won't complain about her ex; she won't moan about how tired she is because she was doing housework all day with three whining children, and then had to prepare dinner and take the dog to the vet.

No. This woman is out to have a good time and then come home and have wild and passionate sex on the kitchen counter or the bathroom floor. Because she is young. And before some of you tell me about your strong sex drive after 40, consider this: Her 25-year-young spirit comes in a shape of a 25-year-young, coin-bounce-off-azz body.

more in article... and of course i'm not suggesting that ppl can't find love and satisfying relationships at any age; i've always believed that ppl should search and find love in any manner that suits their heart's desire, so long as it's legal of course.
It is not so much that his age is totally irrelevant. It is more that his wallet and ability to treat her to whatever she wants in a financial sense overrides any ick factor she may have regarding his age. It does not mean she is not still getting laid by her tennis instructor or the hot guy from her yoga class while tolerating the old guy who may or may not be able to keep it up without blue pills. And faking orgasms so he will buy her more diamonds or whatever it is she wants.

Just being honest, of course. I mean, this does not apply to all women and all men. So, as long as we are profiling, let us not pretend that older men are magically attractive to young women just because old guys are totally hot or whatever. Some people meet and fall in love. Sometimes, there are considerable age differences. It happens. Other times, they are gold diggers or just in it for the security in a financial sense and not all in love. Sometimes, this applies to couples who are closer in age, too. For every couple, there are dozens of reasons why they might be together. You just never know.

There are no universal truisms in dating and romance and the fact that people continually try to imply otherwise on this forum is one of the most frustrating things about moderating it.

THERE IS NO SECRET FORMULA. GO OUT IN THE WORLD AND MEET PEOPLE. DATE. SEE WHAT YOU FIND.

It is not that complicated.

If you sit there at your keyboard and never meet prospective partners, you will never have any.

Does not matter if you are rich, poor, ugly, pretty, old, or young.

Old 04-19-2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This. The author has a specialized practice, it sounds like. Just because her wealthy clients are after young women doesn't mean all wealthy men think alike. They don't.
yes, and i thought i indicated that it wasn't universal, aside from the OKCupid "what men find physically more attractive."

Old 04-19-2015, 05:13 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
interesting response, and there is some truth to the comment imho, such as there seems to be more self-interesting and personal gain these days (what have you done for me lately, bringing something to the table, what does he have to offer me? etc.) definitely much more commerce aspect to dating and relationships (note i didn't mention romance), really how else do you describe the sudden rise and social acceptance of sugar daddies, almost seems like its just another form on the financial aid application on campuses these days. i hear lots of younger guys complaining about women going for guys with more money, which btw i don't think is completely accurate; there are short term and long term qualities that women are attracted to, at least from my experience and observations.

Sugar daddies are certainly nothing new, been around for hundreds, if not thousands, of years.

Yes it's come out of the closet, but I think that's good.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.