Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 12:16 AM

1,324 posts, read 2,012,834 times

Advertisements

i'm surprised no one has posted a pic of Sting yet cuz those silver fox are great role models for post-50 bachelors.

Old 04-20-2015, 12:27 AM

581 posts, read 664,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
i'm surprised no one has posted a pic of Sting yet cuz those silver fox are great role models for post-50 bachelors.
Sting is old and wrinkled.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:52 AM

13,654 posts, read 9,711,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
If you sit there at your keyboard and never meet prospective partners, you will never have any.

Does not matter if you are rich, poor, ugly, pretty, old, or young.
Thank you for pointing this out! It's irrelevant how many $M a man has, or the size of his… megayacht. If he's a shiftless and despondent recluse, he won't find women – younger or older, beautiful or plain. For the 97th billion time, money is merely a tool. Misuse the tool, and you'll botch the job. And if it's your only tool (no lewd puns intended), the job will likely also result in failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRF206 View Post
...I don't like dating women in their 20s or early 30s, because most of them aren't experienced enough in life to have much that is interesting to say (and most of them want to start families -- which isn't what I'm looking for).
Another crucial point! I've met younger women, I've met beautiful women. But all of the young/beautiful ones who are commitment-minded, also wish to start a family – in my experience, WITHOUT EXCEPTION! I've met a few women who are uninterested in starting a family – but they're all older. And I'm not exactly young myself. Oh, and by the way – these older women also want to be wined-and-dined.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:05 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,840,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I think the point was that some guys are delusional and they do think that all these younger women are into them because they are so "young for their age" or whatever.

This just is not always the case. People choose partners for a variety of reasons and not all these older guys are particularly appealing apart from their wallets and their life experiences that might lead them to treat a woman to things that she would like to experience that cost money.

Younger guys with money may feel like a woman owes them far more if they are going to spend that cash on her.

We see that here in this forum all the time.

Guy is young, makes six figures, wants a supermodel babe for a girlfriend, but is upset because she did not offer to split the tab.

You think that happens with a 50 year old guy and a 25 year old woman?

Hell no. LOL.

Maybe those younger guys can learn something about game from their elders, eh?

**Yawn**

I mean no offense when I say this, OP, honestly I don't, but you seem obsessed with this subject.

Older men and younger women is nothing new, so I'm not sure why you think these articles offer any insights. But the assumption that women can't appreciate the beauty, energy and optimism of a younger man the same way a man can a younger woman is ridiculous. Of course we can and do.

The difference is that, as I always say, women consider the whole package, not just the wrapping, when it comes to dating and actual relationships. I can happily check out a good-looking, well-built 20-something guy (in fact, I just did yesterday, while out for brunch ), but I doubt I'd want to date one, and I certainly don't need to in order to prove something or to feel good about myself.

In other words, older people finding younger people (more) physically attractive is, as Wsmn says, like, "duh." I certainly see 50-something and even 60-something men I find attractive, but, generally speaking, if we were to compare average 50-year-old men with average 30-year-old men on physical attributes alone, are you shocked to know that the 30-year-olds would usually win?

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 04-20-2015 at 07:15 AM..

Old 04-20-2015, 10:42 AM

971 posts, read 688,989 times
I don't agree with this one at all. At least not the ALWAYS get the young girls. I am 55 and do not look my age or act like a guy my age typically does. I am not "rich" by any means, but I am not hurt for money. I do not prefer a younger woman over an older woman, but I have dated a couple young ones and it had nothing to do with with money. I was told they enjoyed my company, I treated them better than the young guys and they had fun with me. I never spent any more on the 30yo younger than me than I did the ones my age.

The problem with a great age gap is that a young girl who wants to have children loses that ability with an older guy, or could still have kids and end up with kids with a father the age of a grandfather. The olther problem is as some have stated, that if my health fails, I don't want someone to have to take care of me. I will stick to women late 30's up.

Old 04-20-2015, 12:20 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
In other words, older people finding younger people (more) physically attractive is, as Wsmn says, like, "duh." I certainly see 50-something and even 60-something men I find attractive, but, generally speaking, if we were to compare average 50-year-old men with average 30-year-old men on physical attributes alone, are you shocked to know that the 30-year-olds would usually win?
Like I said before, younger, most of the time, is better looking, better shape, etc. Sort of makes sense why beauty pageants, Victoria's Secret models, etc. are way below their 30s in most, if not all, cases.

Old 04-20-2015, 12:27 PM

432 posts, read 362,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
this has been discussed many times here before, but i thought the topic was worth revisiting since the article below was written by a >40yo successful business woman who is a matchmaker to successful men, so apparently she has some basis for her professional opinion on the subject. The key in my opinion is the qualifier of "successful" men, since the 2010 OKCupid report indicates that ALL men find younger women more physically attractive (same as "prefer" younger women? idk),and according to this matchmaker, the successful men have no problem finding younger women.

candidly, the "older guys prefer younger women" theory is a pretty much a truism to me, so what is more interesting to me is her opinion on the relationship dynamics. like the comment on whether there is true love or LTR longevity issues.
Women like older men and men like younger women.

End of story.

Old 04-20-2015, 12:31 PM

186 posts, read 238,788 times
money gets these younger women but these olds guys know they can't keep these ladies.

Old 04-20-2015, 12:34 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
I don't agree with this one at all. At least not the ALWAYS get the young girls. I am 55 and do not look my age or act like a guy my age typically does. I am not "rich" by any means, but I am not hurt for money. I do not prefer a younger woman over an older woman, but I have dated a couple young ones and it had nothing to do with with money. I was told they enjoyed my company, I treated them better than the young guys and they had fun with me. I never spent any more on the 30yo younger than me than I did the ones my age.

The problem with a great age gap is that a young girl who wants to have children loses that ability with an older guy, or could still have kids and end up with kids with a father the age of a grandfather. The olther problem is as some have stated, that if my health fails, I don't want someone to have to take care of me. I will stick to women late 30's up.

Every guy on the planet says this. The real deal is you are 55. Start "owning it" for crying-out-loud.

I get so sick of guys saying - "Hey, I am older but I act half my age". If I wanted a guy that was thirty, I'd start with a guy that was 30

Old 04-20-2015, 12:37 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
Every guy on the planet says this. The real deal is you are 55.
You should see last week's posts from female posters "I may be 35 but my friends tell me I look like I am 20, ok?!" Whoever is over 30, just accept it and move on. We all age, get wrinkled, gain weight, etc. It's part of life .

But yeah, rich guys normally go for younger girls. Who celebrity was it? I think it was Mic Jagger who was asked why he was dating a gorgeous slender young model and his answer was "...because I can" .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships