Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2015, 12:54 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,927,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
How's that? I haven't seen women here use derogatory terms for older dudes. If I'd seen it, I'd have reported it.
Read post #65. I used that same first sentence and swapped the guy stuff for womens stuff. For some reason my description was derogatory, yet hers was not.

Still amazes me how worked up people get over the age thing. Why can't people just live and let live?

Old 04-21-2015, 01:14 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,238,748 times
Who cares? Oh - and I disagree with the "(And Get)" part - but it doesn't matter. I wasn't into older rich guys when I was younger and now the only guy I'm into is my husband. I couldn't care less what other people choose to do with their lives.

Old 04-21-2015, 01:38 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,297,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Read post #65. I used that same first sentence and swapped the guy stuff for womens stuff. For some reason my description was derogatory, yet hers was not.
Nobody says a thing when a generalization about guys is said or something derogatory but swap it and all of a sudden you are seen as a monster.
Quote:
Still amazes me how worked up people get over the age thing
Oh man, whenever a thread talks about age you can expect pages and pages of women getting worked out about aging “But my friends tell me I look cute regardless of me being 35…Hey! But at 40 I think I look nicer than a 24 year old!...” and it goes on and on. Since the beginning of time aging and gaining weight seems to be a nightmare for women just as I am sure guys have other worries. Come on women, we all age (wrinkle, gain weight, skin starts to sag, etc.). Being over the hill or past our primes someday shouldn’t put anybody down .

Old 04-21-2015, 01:45 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,098,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
There are all kinds of 50+ women out there. I've stumbled into a couple of 'em, thinking they were my age (29-30 at the time).
I'm trying to think of someone I know north of 50 who looks like they're in their 30s and I simply can't. I even did a google search and found an article from the AARP on it:

Celebrities Who Look Great at 50-Plus, Age-Defying Stars - AARP

The dudes look younger than the ladies. Courtney Cox kinda looks young for her age, but you can tell she's laying on the makeup.

Edit to account for Julianne Moore... yowza, she's hot; but still looks more than 30.

Old 04-21-2015, 01:52 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,879,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augiec View Post
I'm trying to think of someone I know north of 50 who looks like they're in their 30s and I simply can't. I even did a google search and found an article from the AARP on it:

The dudes look younger than the ladies. Courtney Cox kinda looks young for her age, but you can tell she's laying on the makeup.

Edit to account for Julianne Moore... yowza, she's hot; but still looks more than 30.
My relatives who are older than 50 look their age. The young-looking 50's I just stumbled on by accident. But in that celeb lineup, I remember back when Ellen DeGeneres was 50. She wore those high-topped tennis shoes and looked like a 20-something. She's showing her age some, now, but back then, she looked like a girl-next-door type. It's usually baby-faced women who fool you, if they stay in shape.

Old 04-21-2015, 01:54 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,238,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augiec View Post

I don't think the dudes look younger than the ladies. I think there are a few dudes and a few ladies who look really young - the rest just look very attractive regardless of how old they look. Someone can still be attractive and look older.

Old 04-21-2015, 02:07 PM

36,806 posts, read 31,094,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post

Still amazes me how worked up people get over the age thing. Why can't people just live and let live?
Guilty as charged, I said old fart.

Who said your post was derogatory? I say tit for tat. Old fart- old hag, saggy balls, saggy breast. Its not like it wont happen to all of us if we live long enough. If you have enough money its guaranteed you can find someone young and hot that can overlook your sag, if your lucky you can do it without enough money. For the rest of us, we hope we find that person we can love with all our hearts and they love us back until death do us part, we wont even notice the saggy parts and we will call each other old fart and old hag.

Old 04-21-2015, 02:20 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,872,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Guilty as charged, I said old fart.

Who said your post was derogatory? I say tit for tat. Old fart- old hag, saggy balls, saggy breast. Its not like it wont happen to all of us if we live long enough. If you have enough money its guaranteed you can find someone young and hot that can overlook your sag, if your lucky you can do it without enough money. For the rest of us, we hope we find that person we can love with all our hearts and they love us back until death do us part, we wont even notice the saggy parts and we will call each other old fart and old hag.
Yes, we all age, and I'm not at all afraid of it. I love the wisdom, self-knowledge, and more compassionate worldview that comes with getting older.

But we don't have to fall apart as we age. We CAN take care of ourselves. It's amazing what a healthy lifestyle can do. I know lots of people in their 40s, like me, who are in better shape and more active than lots of people in their 20s.

I work with a woman in her 60s, a mother of 7, who - and I'm not saying this to be kind, but because it's the absolute truth- is an extremely attractive woman. She's very active, and has a fabulous little body for a woman her age. No exaggeration. If I look half as good as she when I'm her age, I'll be doing just fine.

Old 04-21-2015, 02:40 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,240,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
Excellent question! We are out snowmobiling, skiing, ice fishing in the winter. We are boating, water skiing, tubing, camping, riding the motorcycle and hitting the beach in the summer, and doing all kinds of fun outdoorsy stuff in the spring and fall. House parties, wine/beer festivals, block parties etc.

Not to say they aren't out there, but find me a 55yo woman that wants to do all the stuff I enjoy and maybe I will consider a change. When I dated the 50+ women most were interested in dinner and a movie and going to bed by 11pm. I take them to the lake boating and camping and they are done by 8pm. Snowmobiling? Ewwww why would you do that? Too cold outside. Kneeboarding/Wakeboarding...are you crazy? You are too old for that, that is for kids! No Thanks....not for me. THIS is why I prefer a younger woman.
I tried to express this to my sister, who was 56 at the time and aghast at how active the men in the DC area are. "Everyone here is into hiking, biking, skiing, and all of that."

"Yes. That's good! You're into all of that stuff," I said.

"I was. But I'm in my mid-50s now."

"SO?!?!"

And I really don't get it. Then again, my other sister, who is just a year younger than that, loves all of that stuff. So it really does depend on the woman.

And men can become old farts, too. My ex-SO, whom I met when he was 29 and split up with when he was 37, was old before his time. He never wanted to do anything outdoorsy but go for the occasional nature walk. Forget skiing because he was afraid of heights. About the most exciting thing he ever wanted to do was walk around a carnival and play the games. Wouldn't go on any rides (see: fear of heights).

Forget tubing, a real hike up in the mountains, travel, etc. Oh, his back. His neck. His this. His that. The truth was that he was just a boring boyfriend who was into his own hobbies like cars and stereos, and too lazy and fearful to do anything physically active. And also probably paranoid that if someone saw him doing something active, he wouldn't be able to malinger on his occasional work-related injury and they'd challenge him on his disability.

Funny how he had no problems rough-housing with his work buddies, though, and he bent like a pretzel in bed!

Old 04-21-2015, 04:13 PM

51,253 posts, read 36,914,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I tried to express this to my sister, who was 56 at the time and aghast at how active the men in the DC area are. "Everyone here is into hiking, biking, skiing, and all of that."

"Yes. That's good! You're into all of that stuff," I said.

"I was. But I'm in my mid-50s now."

"SO?!?!"

And I really don't get it. Then again, my other sister, who is just a year younger than that, loves all of that stuff. So it really does depend on the woman.

And men can become old farts, too. My ex-SO, whom I met when he was 29 and split up with when he was 37, was old before his time. He never wanted to do anything outdoorsy but go for the occasional nature walk. Forget skiing because he was afraid of heights. About the most exciting thing he ever wanted to do was walk around a carnival and play the games. Wouldn't go on any rides (see: fear of heights).

Forget tubing, a real hike up in the mountains, travel, etc. Oh, his back. His neck. His this. His that. The truth was that he was just a boring boyfriend who was into his own hobbies like cars and stereos, and too lazy and fearful to do anything physically active. And also probably paranoid that if someone saw him doing something active, he wouldn't be able to malinger on his occasional work-related injury and they'd challenge him on his disability.

Funny how he had no problems rough-housing with his work buddies, though, and he bent like a pretzel in bed!
Yes, it definitely goes both way, in fact I seem to end up with the "old farts" even when they are younger than me. My last ex was 45 when we met, me about 50. I love to walk, it's one of the reasons I moved to my city, because it's so walkable (which is doubly good because there is no place to park in the summers without paying). So we'd go out to dinner at a place 8 blocks away or so and he'd want to drive and me walk...to me it's stupid to spend 20 minutes circling for a parking spot and it's lovely here on summer evenings...he hated every second of it, he called my walks "forced death marches"

I general though I don't get the whole thread...youth is beauty, and most men like young women, is this really news? Certainly not all rich men choose them though, look at George Clooney, who dated many young models and could have had any 19 year old in the world, but chose for a wife a well-established and accomplished career woman who is 36. Kurt Russell was rich and gorgeous to boot, but he's been with his older woman Goldie Hawn for decades now. So what? To each his own, there's more than enough for all of us.

I get the feeling when I read these threads that they are meant only for men to be able to get their frustrations out by saying "ha, ha, ladies, you'll get yours in the end!" What is the purpose?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships