Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2015, 09:58 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,232,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
please stop quibbling, you so get what i am saying cuz of our prior interactions on the same subject. i get it you don't agree, or want others not to believe the same, or whatever.
"Or want others not to believe the same, or whatever" - can you clarify this? I have no idea what you are trying to say.

As for your first sentence, this is a discussion forum and we are having a discussion. It's true that I basically disagree with everything that you say but I don't see what the problem is with my voicing my disagreement. If you only want to talk with people that agree that people need to pay attention to their "social market value" and that more men should start dating women at least 15 years younger than them - you might want to find a different forum.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:59 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,105,621 times
Quote:
yeah, dude. do us a favor and turn in your man card please, then go play with your spreadsheets

Maybe you need a card to prove to yourself that you're a man. I never felt the need. That says a lot.

But hey, if you want to post random graphs with nothing supporting them. I might as do the same.

Here's a couple of graphs.

Totally as valid as yours, and contradicts the findings of yours, with just as much backing documentation (i.e. none).

Old 04-22-2015, 10:10 AM

4,047 posts, read 2,726,544 times
Quote:
yeah, dude. do us a favor and turn in your man card please, then go play with your spreadsheets

You are being ridiculous and beating this topic to death. Please stop.

Old 04-22-2015, 10:38 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,236,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Maybe you need a card to prove to yourself that you're a man. I never felt the need. That says a lot.

But hey, if you want to post random graphs with nothing supporting them. I might as do the same.

Here's a couple of graphs.

Totally as valid as yours, and contradicts the findings of yours, with just as much backing documentation (i.e. none).

Old 04-22-2015, 11:05 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,902,690 times
I don't exactly understand the purpose of this thread. From what I have seen there is a fraction of women who are interested in dating much older men. The remaining women prefer partners closer to their own age, for a variety of reasons. I know when I was dating I always found guys closer to my own age more physically attractive.

I found it confusing OP talks about ageism, yet lifted a graph from a blog that sometimes promotes ageist views of women.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:22 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,878,241 times
Quote:

also, i do believe there is a natural pairing between older men and younger women. i'm sure you have noticed that a man and woman's social value are about 10-15 years apart?
There's a natural pairing between older women, who reach their sexual peak later, and younger men, too. In some cultures (have you heard of France?) it was considered a natural thing for a young dude to be initiated into sex by a woman in her 30's or 40's. Your graph could be illustrating that principle, too, by changing a couple of labels. That's playing out more and more in the US these days.

Old 04-22-2015, 01:40 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,916,483 times
Quote:
i would like to see the age-ism against dating older/younger go away, like mixed race couples, gay marriage, etc. diversity is good for finding love and companionship, to each his own. the hate against older men dating younger women is just one of the last social barriers and shaming patterns.

also, i do believe there is a natural pairing between older men and younger women. i'm sure you have noticed that a man and woman's social value are about 10-15 years apart?

many man find themselves much more comfortable with dating and relationships in their mid-30s whereas women have spend their 20s exploring their options. and, don't kid yourself, younger women have been attracted to men of wealth and status (usually older) since the dawn of time.

not so strange really then
No I've not seen this, only heard it talked about here. The reason women wanted older was because she had no way of supporting herself. Now she does.

Old 04-22-2015, 01:43 PM

971 posts, read 692,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForLoveOnly View Post
So do I, but for a different reason.

I am the younger woman. I'm with him because of the sex. That's what I usually say when asked "how the hell did he get you?".

Actually, he is a great guy. I am so glad I took the chance and went on that first date with him.

I really only think about the age difference when I get crap from women his age. Some of the comments, just like some here, make me assume they are ex wives, of men his age.
Priceless answer. Good for you for taking a chance with the older man. Yes, the older women pretty much all tend to look down their noses at a younger gal/older man together. Oh well.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:15 PM

36,794 posts, read 31,078,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
Priceless answer. Good for you for taking a chance with the older man. Yes, the older women pretty much all tend to look down their noses at a younger gal/older man together. Oh well.
I don't know who looks down their noses at it. It has pretty much always been socially acceptable and most people don't even give it a second thought except may a silent ick. Its older women with younger men that seem to get the disapproval.

The thread is OLDER RICH GUYS get younger women and if you actually believe the majority of 23 yr. old women with 69 yr. old rich men are not in it for the $$$$, well if it makes you feel better. But at the end of the day no one really gives a hoot.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:16 PM

783 posts, read 852,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForLoveOnly View Post
So do I, but for a different reason.

I am the younger woman. I'm with him because of the sex. That's what I usually say when asked "how the hell did he get you?".

Actually, he is a great guy. I am so glad I took the chance and went on that first date with him.

I really only think about the age difference when I get crap from women his age. Some of the comments, just like some here, make me assume they are ex wives, of men his age.
It is a pretty common response from older women to try to man shame the men and bag on the younger women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships