Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 08:31 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,911,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's more common than you'd think. But even with women who intend to keep their jobs/careers, if the couple wants kids, the women will have to be at home for the first 2-3 years, to care for the baby/toddler (unless she makes enough to hire a nanny). If there's a second one, that's another 2-3 years. So it means the guy will have to carry the expenses for everyone for about 6 years, unless they've both saved in advance for that period of her down time. It's a practical matter, it's not about what she can get out of the guy. And I don't think a lot of women have such high expectations as was stated earlier, "The big house, the vacations". To the contrary, I've been surprised at how many women are fine with taking camping vacations while raising kids. And in some parts of the country, couples feel lucky to be able to afford a townhouse with an extra bedroom. Expectations are being downsized.
I usually agree with you, but the woman doesn't have to be at home. They can do swing shifts, or a babysitter including family members. It's actually a bad idea for a woman to be out of the workforce that long.

Old 04-24-2015, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dessertlover View Post
Personally, I have no respect for men (rich or not) who want younger women. When I was on an online dating site, I rejected ANY man who put in age preferences someone 10 years or younger. That's just me.
For me it depended. If he was older than me and his age range made it known he didn't date women his age, yes I rejected him. I don't do online but recently saw a 50 year old man seeking something like 25-35. If I was online and in his range I would have rejected him. There is something wrong with men not open to women their age.

Old 04-24-2015, 08:51 PM

896 posts, read 1,479,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
There is something wrong with men not open to women their age.
Intrinsically? Yes, you bet there is something wrong with men not dating women their own age.

Now let's cut through the b-sht, and let's admit that dating is supply and demand and that every individual possesses a market value that changes over time.

Have you grasped that concept? Good. Men value beauty tremendously. Do women get more or less beautiful over time? Women value security and finances. Do men typically get more or less wealthy over time?

That wasn't rocket science was it.

A hot woman at age 45 is as hot as she ever was in her life, in my opinion. I have seen it first hand, and the hot 45 year old woman has men 25 to 65 after her. If she was arrogant, as many are, and no man was good enough for her at 45. Or she pixxed away her precious 40s on a 30 year old guy....don't cry her a river when she is alone at 55 and can't even get laid by the 30 year old guy.

That 55 year old woman was probably hot at one time. What the hxll did she do with it?

Thank you, stop spitting nails at me, and have a nice day.

Old 04-24-2015, 08:54 PM

52,388 posts, read 52,867,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
For me it depended. If he was older than me and his age range made it known he didn't date women his age, yes I rejected him. I don't do online but recently saw a 50 year old man seeking something like 25-35. If I was online and in his range I would have rejected him. There is something wrong with men not open to women their age.
Some could say the same thing about women who obsess about single dads and worry obsessively about their money going toward another woman's child.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:52 PM

13,685 posts, read 9,774,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I have a feeling that most men would be just as turned off by a woman telling them, "Your money really turns me on!" as most women would be by a man telling them, "Your age really turns me on!"
If phrased sufficiently uncouthly, then yes, such an exclamation would be an ominous warning and would give a man plenty of cause to be cautious (or to outright walk away). But if more subtly expressed, the effect would be quite the opposite. We all wish to be praised for our achievements and for what we perceive to be our intrinsic value. Surely a man would enjoy being praised for his stability, his success and his superiority to the competition?

Old 04-24-2015, 09:52 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,228,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
Intrinsically? Yes, you bet there is something wrong with men not dating women their own age.

Now let's cut through the b-sht, and let's admit that dating is supply and demand and that every individual possesses a market value that changes over time.

Have you grasped that concept? Good. Men value beauty tremendously. Do women get more or less beautiful over time? Women value security and finances. Do men typically get more or less wealthy over time?

A hot woman at age 45 is as hot as she ever was in her life, in my opinion. I have seen it first hand, and the hot 45 year old woman has men 25 to 65 after her. If she was arrogant, as many are, and no man was good enough for her at 45. Or she pixxed away her precious 40s on a 30 year old guy....don't cry her a river when she is alone at 55 and can't even get laid by the 30 year old guy.

That 55 year old woman was probably hot at one time. What the hxll did she do with it?

Oh, HonestOne, don't you know that 55-year-old women who are in reasonably decent shape will always be able to get laid? Or did you miss the MILF thing? You'd be surprised who is 55 as you walk down the street. I'm not even talking about movie stars. I'm talking about women who hit the gym. Add blepharoplasty, and she's looking 43 again.

Relationships? Again, how many women want to remarry at that age? Not all that many. But those who do, who have always been attractive to men, will still be attractive to men. Two of my sisters remarried in their 50s, one in her late 50s.

I know the predominant attitude on this board is that women suddenly shrivel up into old crones when they hit 50, but it just isn't so. It's really just a matter of taking care of yourself.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post

Once again not true. Women value looks as well and those of us who support ourselves don't need a provider. So yes a man only open to younger women has something wrong with him.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Some could say the same thing about women who obsess about single dads and worry obsessively about their money going toward another woman's child.
Actually not the same thing. I wouldn't care about these men if they had left me alone.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:06 PM

44,258 posts, read 64,492,659 times
I don't have a single female friend who is a gold digger. And some of my friends are hot enough to be very successful at it.

This says to me that there are plenty of women who don't go for a guy's wallet. And the rest are...as mentioned before...prostitutes.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:23 PM

52,388 posts, read 52,867,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Oh, HonestOne, don't you know that 55-year-old women who are in reasonably decent shape will always be able to get laid? Or did you miss the MILF thing? You'd be surprised who is 55 as you walk down the street. I'm not even talking about movie stars. I'm talking about women who hit the gym. Add blepharoplasty, and she's looking 43 again.

Relationships? Again, how many women want to remarry at that age? Not all that many. But those who do, who have always been attractive to men, will still be attractive to men. Two of my sisters remarried in their 50s, one in her late 50s.

I know the predominant attitude on this board is that women suddenly shrivel up into old crones when they hit 50, but it just isn't so. It's really just a matter of taking care of yourself.
Yes.... women are taking better care of themselves more these days probably more so than men and with women earning more and more money, men seem to be losing their 'bargaining power'.... for lack of another way of saying it....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships