Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 12:00 PM

271 posts, read 157,190 times

Advertisements

So, my boyfriends currently travelling home from work, and is experiencing some issues with public transport. He's rang me three times and these are our phone conversations. See his attitude for yourself:

He rang me about an hour ago after he had finished and was like "The f***ing trains delayed - it's delayed by thirty minutes" he's literally shouting over the phone, like some little baby throwing a tantrum. He tells me that he's going to get the bus.

About twenty minutes later he's ringing me again, "The bus stop is closed, I can't believe this, absolutely ridiculous, I'm just ready to quit. I'm going to get a bike, that's the only way. Gonna ride my bike to work, don't care if I get hit by a car, at least I won't have to put up with this".

Five minutes ago, he's ringing again. This time he's at the wrong bus stop, he tells me and he's like "This is f***ing ridiculous, I'm f***ing sick of this, I'm ready to leave this city, I hate my job, I'm ready to leave my job, ready to leave everything"... he's literally sulking over the phone.

I feel like I'm losing so much respect for him.
He's 19 years old and acts so immaturely in most situations - if anything conviniences him in the slightest he's ready to throw a tantrum.

Other examples the internet in our house stops for five minutes - he's like "Uhhhhh, I'm ready to move back in with my parents. Ready to take a plane back to my own county. F*** this house. F*** everything."

And... we are out early one morning travelling to the seaside for a nice day out. We have a difficult morning, get on the wrong train and then realize that we don't have the correct tickets - he literally starts sulking, refuses to talk to me and is like "Uhh, we might as well just go all the way back home and spend our day inside".

Other examples: We didn't have any accommodation for a holiday, and I told him I didn't feel like looking after we got into an argument. He's like "Oh okay then. Let's just not go, we'll cancel everything".

He gets into moods so often (literally wanting almost nothing to do with me and makes me feel like everything is my fault), when he is earlier than I expected and he has to wait for me, when he's in crowded places, when we can't do something straight away, whenever something doesn't go his way, doesn't work perfectly, inconveniences him, it's so tedious and tiring.
How do I deal with this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 12:03 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
so tell him.

Ask him what's wrong if you intend to fix it and not just do exactly what he is doing.

Old 04-29-2015, 12:05 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Why not tack this on to the other complaining thread about him that you posted today? Same junk.

And the advice will be the same as the people are the same. You're two children, acting like children, and complaining about immaturity. Shocking.

Old 04-29-2015, 12:06 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,151,970 times
Two words: cyanide burrito

Old 04-29-2015, 12:10 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
He's 19. Either find a more mature 19-year-old, look for an older guy, or wait a couple of years until your whole age cohort is more mature.

Old 04-29-2015, 12:13 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtrees099 View Post
He's 19 years old and acts so immaturely in most situations
Most teens arent so mature.

Old 04-29-2015, 12:14 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Is someone forcing you to stay in this relationship? If you aren't happy - break up with him. Or talk to him about it.

Old 04-29-2015, 12:22 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtrees099 View Post
So, my boyfriends currently travelling home from work, and is experiencing some issues with public transport. He's rang me three times and these are our phone conversations. See his attitude for yourself:

He rang me about an hour ago after he had finished and was like "The f***ing trains delayed - it's delayed by thirty minutes" he's literally shouting over the phone, like some little baby throwing a tantrum. He tells me that he's going to get the bus.

About twenty minutes later he's ringing me again, "The bus stop is closed, I can't believe this, absolutely ridiculous, I'm just ready to quit. I'm going to get a bike, that's the only way. Gonna ride my bike to work, don't care if I get hit by a car, at least I won't have to put up with this".

Five minutes ago, he's ringing again. This time he's at the wrong bus stop, he tells me and he's like "This is f***ing ridiculous, I'm f***ing sick of this, I'm ready to leave this city, I hate my job, I'm ready to leave my job, ready to leave everything"... he's literally sulking over the phone.

I feel like I'm losing so much respect for him.
He's 19 years old and acts so immaturely in most situations - if anything conviniences him in the slightest he's ready to throw a tantrum.

Other examples the internet in our house stops for five minutes - he's like "Uhhhhh, I'm ready to move back in with my parents. Ready to take a plane back to my own county. F*** this house. F*** everything."

And... we are out early one morning travelling to the seaside for a nice day out. We have a difficult morning, get on the wrong train and then realize that we don't have the correct tickets - he literally starts sulking, refuses to talk to me and is like "Uhh, we might as well just go all the way back home and spend our day inside".

Other examples: We didn't have any accommodation for a holiday, and I told him I didn't feel like looking after we got into an argument. He's like "Oh okay then. Let's just not go, we'll cancel everything".

He gets into moods so often (literally wanting almost nothing to do with me and makes me feel like everything is my fault), when he is earlier than I expected and he has to wait for me, when he's in crowded places, when we can't do something straight away, whenever something doesn't go his way, doesn't work perfectly, inconveniences him, it's so tedious and tiring.
How do I deal with this?
How many times are you going to come here and cry about your douchebag boyfriend? We've told you over & over again, there is no dealing with it, you leave. If you stay, that's on you.

Old 04-29-2015, 12:22 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
mmmKay. Its like this is a running blog of the problems with this boyfriend.. The last thread isn't even 24 hours old. I keep posting that you two need to sit and talk.

The more I hear about this.. the more I am thinking that its time to simply time to cut the relationship.

Old 04-29-2015, 12:26 PM

3,850 posts, read 4,154,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Why not tack this on to the other complaining thread about him that you posted today? Same junk.
There are multiple threads by OP in recent months complaining about her boyfriend's anger issues. Not sure why the solution remains a mystery...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships