Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 09:43 AM

12,585 posts, read 17,034,243 times

Advertisements

I think telling a woman that you live at home will certainly weed out the shallow, less understanding ones. Especially if they don't give you a chance to explain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 10:50 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,533,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
The way things are now no woman should be looking down on any guy if he is not living on his own because of all the things happening in the world right now

1. Rising Rents
2. Layoffs
3. Companies pay low wages
That sounds great, but how many women that OP may consider dating would get that? Especially with women making up more and more of the workforce? Add to that those who can pick and choose if they happen to live on their Tinder or OKCupid apps all day long?

They wouldn't. They can go on a site like seekingarrangement, moan about their sad lot in life, and a guy will be glad to toss money and free meals at them.

It is what it is.

OP, you should probably leave Seattle, though. Lowish pay and high cost of living? I would never...

Old 05-04-2015, 11:42 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,274,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
ya, a lot of people argue those reasons as to why its more common for people to still be living with their parents in this generation, as in the rising cost of living, or some people argue that many people are maturing slowing than their predescceors, that parents are failing their kids in this generation, don't know which reasons are more accurate
so is it more for financial reasons, the cost of living has gone up or is it parents are not teaching their kids to be responsible, self-sufficient as much anymore?

Old 03-17-2017, 03:14 PM

13,261 posts, read 8,121,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Dumb, ignorant comment.

However, dating will be quite difficult for you. Never hurts meeting new people or trying, but it'll probably make it a little harder.

Eh. When I was in my middle thirties, I became a divorced mother of 2 boys, living with my parents. I went to school and worked part time. Generally speaking, once someone hits their 30's, they have an idea of hardship, and they know that life is hard sometimes. Anyone worth their salt, will be able to see that you are improving yourself, and have realistic goals. You are making a positive future.

Women don't want to take care of grown babies. You're not a grown baby.

Old 03-19-2017, 02:26 PM

540 posts, read 366,065 times
Get your own place first.
30 and living at home is not something you want to put on your "dating resume"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships