Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 04:14 PM

97 posts, read 80,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
To me, the one means that I knew that he was the one that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. He's the one that "gets" me. He's the one that I love with my whole heart. He's the one that makes my heart flutter. He's the one that I want by my side through life's ups and downs. He's the one that I can count on. he's the one that I will be there for through thick and thin. He's the one that turns me on.

It doesn't mean - he's the one that I decided to marry because I didn't want to be alone and I'm going to walk out on him all the time and maybe divorce him.
LOL, well, ahmmm it's a case to case basis then huh. Don't get me wrong as far as I know, we genuinely, truly love each other, in fact we just said our 'love yous' when we talked on the phone minutes ago.

I am not the type to say it on the phone, especially when there are people around but I am 'forced' coz he complained I don't say love you back to him when we talk on the phone, ugh.

I do tell him I love him face to face when we are together though, especially in bed. I actually say it too much since I got back for some reason. But that's what I truly feel. So I just express it to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 04:25 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,839,253 times
I knew after dating for about 3 months that he was a man I could respect, trust, and open my heart to. We married about 18 months later.

Old 05-01-2015, 04:33 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,770,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseLikeAnyOther View Post
How many months/years in did you think "I can definitely spend the rest of my life with this amazing person."
Three months in, when I stood in a hospital parking lot with a diagnosis of a breast tumor, and told the guy I'd just started seeing that it was perfectly understandable for him not to be up for bedside vigils and surgeries and potential treatment scenarios with somebody he'd only just stated to get to know well. I came home to my apartment and had a card waiting for me that he'd written, noting that he wasn't going anywhere, and that a life without me in it was unimagineable to him. He was there for surgery, biopsy, and dianosis of a benign tumor. We were married about a year later.

Old 05-01-2015, 05:26 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,263,349 times
We have a bit of history from before we started dating, so I saw that he was continuously chasing the type of woman that would make him miserable, and even if I wasn't the right one for him, at the very least I could keep him distracted long enough to mature a little and figure out what he wanted before someone really did a number on him. We were young and stupid and I don't understand it now any more than I did then, but it was just an overwhelming sense of "He's a good one; don't let him get away". I'm not able to easily form emotional attachments with people, but for some reason I felt so safe with him and knew I could trust him. We were engaged for 3 years ... and we celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary 2 days ago

Last edited by Ginge McFantaPants; 05-01-2015 at 06:31 PM..

Old 05-01-2015, 05:50 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,900,191 times
I thought I knew once, I was wrong.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:12 PM

22,793 posts, read 19,402,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by layasera View Post
I did tell him if we ever divorce what makes you think you can keep my wedding ring. The judge will give it to me if I wanted it right? If we do divorce?
The wedding ring is the property of the wife. It is considered a gift. It is your property.

Old 05-01-2015, 08:15 PM

97 posts, read 80,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
The wedding ring is the property of the wife. It is considered a gift. It is your property.
Yap. Thanks. I knew it.

To stay on topic though, my husband 'had me' when he bought me an xbox, less than a month seeing each other. Well it's a used one but still, of all the guys I dated online, he was the only one that truly does things for me. Actually remember hugging him genuinely coz I was genuinely happy with his gesture. He bought it for me coz he said he fix xbox and my niece's xbox was broken so I ask him if he can fix it. He bought the xbox AND fix my niece's xbox as well. I remember when he gave it to me. He said, he really is that way, do things for people.

And well ya he is not lying because he, doing things for people like his bro backfired on me. I am back home now though.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:38 PM

7,085 posts, read 8,991,971 times
After a few months when I got to know what a good person my wife was, I never had anyone like that before so I knew she was a keeper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships