Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 03:28 PM

20,770 posts, read 20,022,448 times

Advertisements

I think my bf is THE ONE, I felt it after 2 weeks already.

He sort of proposed after 6 weeks but it is just WAYYYY too early. Then he said we can do a loooooooooong engagement but it is still wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too early (5 months now). Then he dragged me to a jewelry store for a promise ring. Noooooooooo. Hmmmm. Maybe in a few months. MAYBE. I am in no hurry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 03:32 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,417,121 times

disturbing series of events

Old 05-01-2015, 03:33 PM

3,850 posts, read 4,161,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseLikeAnyOther View Post
How many months/years in did you think "I can definitely spend the rest of my life with this amazing person."
We had been together for about 9 months when something he did made me realize that he was definitely the partner I had hoped for my entire life. We moved in together about 6 weeks later. A year and a half after that, we got married (4 months ago).

Old 05-01-2015, 03:34 PM

97 posts, read 80,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Are you kidding me? Seriously - you started a thread about how horrible it was. And in every post you talk about how horrible it is. You are constantly walking out on him, constantly talking about how he puts his brother before you, constantly talking about how awful everything is in your marriage.
Well most of the time. I just vent my frustration here. But once I calmed down. And ranting and venting here DOES help. A LOT. It's really not as bad as I think it is. Otherwise, I won't keep coming back. Like this week I am so busy with work. I've no time to cook. When I got home everyday like today. My food is ready in the fridge. He pays for ALL my insurance.

With that said, he has not given me back my wedding ring and debit card though. He usually gives it back to me right away when I go back. Anyway I told him so that ring is only good when we're together? LOL.

I did tell him if we ever divorce what makes you think you can keep my wedding ring. The judge will give it to me if I wanted it right? If we do divorce?

Anyway my marriage is in the calm 'switch' at this very moment.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:36 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,469,543 times
When it was still just as great as it was getting to know her 5 years after I had started to get an interest in her romantically.
I never had a "defining moment" I had always liked her. Getting to know her further just solidified for me that she was who she presented herself to be at all times.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by layasera View Post
Well most of the time. I just vent my frustration here. But once I calmed down. And ranting and venting here DOES help. A LOT. It's really not as bad as I think it is. Otherwise, I won't keep coming back. Like this week I am so busy with work. I've no time to cook. When I got home everyday like today. My food is ready in the fridge. He pays for ALL my insurance.

With that said, he has not given me back my wedding ring and debit card though. He usually gives it back to me right away when I go back. Anyway I told him so that ring is only good when we're together? LOL.

I did tell him if we ever divorce what makes you think you can keep my wedding ring. The judge will give it to me if I wanted it right? If we do divorce?

Anyway my marriage is in the calm 'switch' at this very moment.
You married him but it doesn't sound like he is THE ONE.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
You married him but it doesn't sound like he is THE ONE.
What's that stupid term THE ONE, anyway. Like I said in my first reply in this thread. We marry because we are both tired of being single maybe? Me, my WHOLE life, since birth. And he 16 years after his divorce.

Did we marry because we are the one for each other? I definitely was not thinking that. I just was ready not to be alone anymore. And my husband does ALL the right things I want in MY man. Like I said before. He definitely exceeds all my expectation on how I want to be loved, treated and cared for. Most of the time.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:50 PM

Quote:
What's that stupid term THE ONE, anyway. Like I said in my first reply in this thread. We marry because we are both tired of being single maybe? Me, my WHOLE life, since birth. And he 16 years after his divorce.

Did we marry because we are the one for each other? I definitely was not thinking that. I just was ready not to be alone anymore. And my husband does ALL the right things I want in MY man. Like I said before. He definitely exceeds all my expectation on how I want to be loved, treated and cared for. Most of the time.
The thread title is "for those who married, when did you know they were "the one"?" and you answered ... so, I assumed he is THE ONE for you. Now you say he isn't.

You are talking about divorce already. That's a dangerous subject if you want to stay married.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
The thread title is "for those who married, when did you know they were "the one"?" and you answered ... so, I assumed he is THE ONE for you. Now you say he isn't.

You are talking about divorce already. That's a dangerous subject if you want to stay married.
No I was talking about the ring, on who will get it in the event of divorce. It's not like we are divorcing. Just in case we do. Anyway, one of the reasons I came back is he used the line he wants to spend the rest of his life with me. Just kinda made me feel good about myself, LOL.

Well, I am just saying, like the title of this thread... the one is in quotations because for me it means you married your spouse for whatever reason it was that time that you decided to marry. My husband is 'the one' I am married now coz he asked me to which is what I want.

Old 05-01-2015, 04:02 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,204,974 times
Quote:
No I was talking about the ring, on who will get it in the event of divorce. It's not like we are divorcing. Just in case we do. Anyway, one of the reasons I came back is he used the line he wants to spend the rest of his life with me. Just kinda made me feel good about myself, LOL.

Well, I am just saying, like the title of this thread... the one is in quotations because for me it means you married your spouse for whatever reason it was that time that you decided to marry. My husband is 'the one' I am married now coz he asked me to which is what I want.
To me, the one means that I knew that he was the one that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. He's the one that "gets" me. He's the one that I love with my whole heart. He's the one that makes my heart flutter. He's the one that I want by my side through life's ups and downs. He's the one that I can count on. he's the one that I will be there for through thick and thin. He's the one that turns me on.

It doesn't mean - he's the one that I decided to marry because I didn't want to be alone and I'm going to walk out on him all the time and maybe divorce him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships