Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 03:00 PM

609 posts, read 616,590 times

Advertisements

How many months/years in did you think "I can definitely spend the rest of my life with this amazing person."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 03:06 PM

97 posts, read 80,802 times
In my case, I'm already in my 40s. We both are. We also are SERIOUSLY looking for love online. We found each other. And made a decision like the adults that we are that we are getting married. Why delay it? If that's what you both want?

Anyway I know he is the one because he agreed to what I want which is to get married. After breaking up with me for less than a week, LOL.

And hey eventhough he was the one who broke up with me, I did not let my pride or shallowness get to me by 'making him work for it'. I want to get married, so does he and so we did.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:08 PM

20,770 posts, read 20,025,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by layasera View Post
In my case, I'm already in my 40s. We both are. We also are SERIOUSLY looking for love online. We found each other. And made a decision like the adults that we are that we are getting married. Why delay it? If that's what you both want?

Anyway I know he is the one because he agreed to what I want which is to get married. After breaking up with me for less than a week, LOL.

And hey eventhough he was the one who broke up with me, I did not let my pride or shallowness get to me by 'making him work for it'. I want to get married, so does he and so we did.
breakup and work for it? what? How long are you together and how far in did you marry?

Old 05-01-2015, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
breakup and work for it? what? How long are you together and how far in did you marry?
We dated 2 months. When I agreed to marry him. He wanted me to move in with him right then and there. So I did. He pick me up at my sister's house with all my belongings that same night . He said when I agreed, that we marry that weekend. Of course he was not in a rush to do anything, once I moved in, so I have to remind him... 'you said, you said...' Actually he always say that to me. Whenever I try to guilt trip him into doing something he promised he would do and he procrastinates.

We didn't get married that weekend, I was able to get us the marriage license though. We married the next week.

Yeah that's why our marriage is really on and off. Real roller coaster ride.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:22 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,206,988 times
Quote:

You guys have a horrible marriage. I'm not sure that your input is going to be that helpful to the OP.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:22 PM

20,770 posts, read 20,025,487 times
Quote:
We dated 2 months. When I agreed to marry him. He wanted me to move in with him right then and there. So I did. He pick me up at my sister's house with all my belongings that same night . He said when I agreed, that we marry that weekend. Of course he was not in a rush to do anything, once I moved in, so I have to remind him... 'you said, said...' Actually he always say that to me. Whenever I try to guilt trip him into doing something he promised he would do and he procrastinates.

We didn't get married that weekend, I was able to get us the marriage license though. We married the next week.

Yeah that's why our marriage is really on and off. Real roller coaster ride.
So you have a lot of fights?? Since when are you married?

Old 05-01-2015, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
So you have a lot of fights?? Since when are you married?
We just passed our 2 year anniversary.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
You guys have a horrible marriage. I'm not sure that your input is going to be that helpful to the OP.
Be quiet. Why is it horrible? Tell me. Am I or is he? We love each other though. Most of the time.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:26 PM

I thought my first boyfriend was the one - but I was wrong. I thought my ex-fiance was the one - but I was wrong. I KNEW my husband was the one. And I was right. I think I thought they were all the one really quickly - but I only knew that my husband was the one and the others weren't by being with them for a couple of years. After we had been together for awhile, I felt like my ex-boyfriend had gone back to being my best friend, I felt like my ex-fiance and I just didn't get each other, and I felt like my husband and I got each other and loved each other more and more everyday.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Be quiet. Why is it horrible? Tell me. Am I or is he? We love each other though. Most of the time.
Are you kidding me? Seriously - you started a thread about how horrible it was. And in every post you talk about how horrible it is. You are constantly walking out on him, constantly talking about how he puts his brother before you, constantly talking about how awful everything is in your marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships