Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 09:04 PM

5,201 posts, read 4,515,168 times

Advertisements

DH always pushes the last bit of food on his plate onto his fork with his thumb.

He'll eat the entire meal using his utensils, but then the last bite always has to be pushed onto the fork with his thumb. His manners are impeccable, except for this weird habit of using his thumb as a knife.

When I ask him why he does that, he just laughs and says it's something he's always done.

Another annoying habit is that he always seems to get in the longest line at a toll plaza. There could be 6 lanes, of which five have 2 cars, and one has 5 cars, and he will get in the one with the 5 cars. He has a, "Who cares" attitude about that sort of thing. Drives me nuts.

Last edited by Sage 80; 05-04-2015 at 09:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 09:31 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,342,377 times
When me and my ex were together, she'd snore really loud and it kept me wake at night. She'd also hog the covers from me. It's two of the many reasons we broke up.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:48 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,130,022 times
I am a non-smoker. The man I'm dating IS a smoker. We irritate each other. LOL

I crack my knuckles and other joints because they get stiff, but it irritates him. He told me, "that's a really bad habit".

Yep, the smoker was telling me about my bad habits. (Of course I pointed that out to him. )

Old 05-05-2015, 07:54 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,272,826 times
I believe this all falls under what Dan Savage refers to as "The Price of Admission".

If you truly love someone, you put up with some of these "habits" or idiosyncrasies. You realize that is just part of that person, and while you might get miffed by it, you tolerate it, because there are other qualities that outshine what is getting at you.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:17 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,130,022 times
Exactly. No one is perfect. More people would be happier if they stopped searching for what is non-existant.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:07 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,810,270 times
Mine uses the very limited counter space as storage space, which leaves very little food prep area. My thought is, if something is out because there is nowhere to store it, we don't need it. I don't have enough counter space to use it as storage overflow. So, if I want to use the counter to prep anything, that requires relocating the things that he just keeps "out" there. I have tried to suggest alternate storage for the stuff that he keeps out, but it falls on deaf ears. He likes everything to be within arm's reach, I think.

I'm sure there are ten million more things I do that bug him than things he does that bug me, and he's gracious about it, so I don't really make a stink about it.

Old 05-06-2015, 02:57 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,485,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennies4Penny View Post
My husband whistles. A LOT. It drives me crazy. And he's pretty good at it, which almost makes it worse, because he will go on and on and on. Whenever a song comes on or if a tune pops into his head, he whistles. I don't think he even knows it bothers me, because there is no point in arguing over something so silly and it's a harmless annoyance, but annoying nonetheless. I just cringe every time and I try to tune it out, but I can't. I almost told him to stop it the other day, because he just kept going and going but he finally quit right when I was about to say something.

Don't feel bad, the most annoying thing in the world to me is a "whistler".
I know exactly how you feel.

When I am someplace like a store and I hear someone who is whistling, it just drives me absolute bat-****- crazy.

To keep on topic, my wife will wait until I start some task, like when I am working on a project and start my saw, to ask me a question or tell me something.

I then have to stop what I am doing, and ask her "what did you say"?
When I get grumpy about it, she complains I am not paying attention to her.

No I'm not. Especially when working with power saw or something.
I want to be focused on what I am doing and safe.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:07 PM

13 posts, read 23,884 times
I hate that she is almost anti-sex. I say almost because we do still "do it" but it's rare. My libido is crazy high. If I had my way, we'd be boinking every chance we got. And she can go months without any desire for it. Honestly, it seriously makes me consider fooling around with other people. I don't because I love her, but the thought is there. And if I wanted it bad enough, I probably would.

She hates that I smoke weed. Well, correction, I use my vaporizer and vape the weed. But it's essentially the same thing. Wanna know why I use it? Because it brings my libido down to a comfortable level where I'm content with how things are. She doesn't know it, but there has been many occasions that weed has saved our relationship. It usually goes something like "Man, I'm gonna get with that girl (or guy, I've been known to swing two directions)" and the little voice in my head goes, "Nah man, you should smoke a little and think it over." So I do, and I think to myself, "Ya know, it's really not worth my marriage."

Old 05-07-2015, 08:33 AM

36,866 posts, read 31,147,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSoulInANewBody View Post
I hate that she is almost anti-sex. I say almost because we do still "do it" but it's rare. My libido is crazy high. If I had my way, we'd be boinking every chance we got. And she can go months without any desire for it. Honestly, it seriously makes me consider fooling around with other people. I don't because I love her, but the thought is there. And if I wanted it bad enough, I probably would.

She hates that I smoke weed. Well, correction, I use my vaporizer and vape the weed. But it's essentially the same thing. Wanna know why I use it? Because it brings my libido down to a comfortable level where I'm content with how things are. She doesn't know it, but there has been many occasions that weed has saved our relationship. It usually goes something like "Man, I'm gonna get with that girl (or guy, I've been known to swing two directions)" and the little voice in my head goes, "Nah man, you should smoke a little and think it over." So I do, and I think to myself, "Ya know, it's really not worth my marriage."
LOL. I wouldn't consider a low libido a habit.
Funny, when I smoked it made me XXX randy.
I'm not sure Id be real excited about sex with a pot head who sat around thinking about screwing other people all the time either. Maybe you should get her to take up your habit.

Old 05-07-2015, 09:16 AM

20,779 posts, read 20,101,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post

Another annoying habit is that he always seems to get in the longest line at a toll plaza. There could be 6 lanes, of which five have 2 cars, and one has 5 cars, and he will get in the one with the 5 cars. He has a, "Who cares" attitude about that sort of thing. Drives me nuts.
hahaha, my ex always drove us to the mall, past the back parking lot that's empty, go straight to the front row parking area, then complain that there are too many other cars waiting and people walking, then cruise around in it, not find a parking spot and complain about it some more and then park in the back.

I drive into the parking lot, park in the back right away and by the time he would be still cursing and complaining, I would be in the store already, knowing nobody dings my car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships