Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 07:35 PM

7,079 posts, read 8,939,481 times

Advertisements

Sometimes just a quiet evening at home, sometimes we take the dogs on a 2 mile hike around town, just depends on when I get home from work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 09:10 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,912,106 times
We've been married 38 years and are pretty happy. She works and I work out of the house, and take care of a bunch of the chores during the day. After she gets home from work, we have dinner, that I made. Then we clean up dishes, go for a walk, and we usually watch a couple of hours of TV shows together we both enjoy. Then she starts to get ready for work the next day and goes to bed about 10. Fortunately our tastes in TV are very similar, so we usually find something we both like. Sometimes she watches something she only likes, then I get on the computer for stuff like City Data.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:46 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,885,931 times
I like the no-devices-after-dinner-rule. I've been single for 9 years, so I spend a lot of evening time noodling on the computer, even if we are also watching TV. So I could imagine a future with a bored husband wondering if I'm ever going to turn the darn thing off.

I like to go for a walk after dinner, so my future dream husband will have to want to do that with me and our future dream dog. When the weather is lousy, we can play cards or scrabble or do a jigsaw puzzle.

Going to the library together can be a nice mellow evening outing. Drop off books, browse a bit, check a few things out...every two weeks.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:52 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,578,384 times
I typically go to the gym and then come home and cook dinner. When we are done we usually watch some TV or if a game is on I'll watch it in the mancave while she watches something on Netflix. Then we get a little bit frisky or save it for the next night and go to bed. Occasionally we will read instead of watching TV, but it depends if we are both reading good books or not. Throw walking the dog in there a couple times a week (as we don't need to when we take him to stay with other dogs).

Old 05-05-2015, 11:51 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,720,749 times
In this order. She starts cooking around 6PM and we talk in the kitchen. We eat and watch the News (7PM). I do the dishes, while she plays with her Android. We watch a serial episode (Sherlock Holmes, recently). She has a cocktail. We talk. We sit in the bed and decide what to do next: make love, read, talk and then fall asleep by 1-2AM.

Old 05-06-2015, 05:25 AM

132 posts, read 181,501 times
Wish I could convince the wife of that StageMomma. We get home, do chores, dinner, clean up and then she is glued to facebook/twitter/instragram and I usually just go to another part of the house. I have a facebook but don't care much for Social Media. I like the real world

Old 05-06-2015, 05:39 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,276,377 times
He gets off at 10pm four nights a week, so on those nights it's hard to spend time together (I have to get up early to hit the gym). On those nights, if I'm up when he gets home I'll stay up for an hour and talk to him while he prepares and eats his dinner. Then it's off to bed for me while he stays up watching TV or doing whatever. He normally comes to bed around 2am.

When he is off or home early, we cook/eat together, discussing current events. Then, we watch TV or a movie together if we are staying in. If he wants to watch sports, I'll watch something on my iPad with headphones or go into another room.

Old 05-06-2015, 06:35 AM

6,885 posts, read 7,885,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoore133 View Post
Wish I could convince the wife of that StageMomma. We get home, do chores, dinner, clean up and then she is glued to facebook/twitter/instragram and I usually just go to another part of the house. I have a facebook but don't care much for Social Media. I like the real world
Why not start by asking for one device free night per week?

Well, I will confess...I was much like this when I was married. I think it was mostly because I had two very active younguns and by the time dinner was done, I was exhausted (sometimes I just wanted to put my head on the table beside my dinner plate and sleep) but I couldn't go to bed yet because it took so much effort to get them settled down and ready for bed!

My husband would go to the basement to watch TV and work out (Which I often suspected involved more TV than weight lifting). Or he would work late. Or he would be on his computer. He was tired also, and needed to recharge his introverted batteries after a day of interacting at work. Unfortunately, a co-worker taught him to unwind with a drink. When he was feeling like participating, his idea of 'spending time with the kids' was to start tickle fights so they would scream and run around like banshees until the middle of the night, leaving me to deal with their crankypants the next day.

Now my kids are teens, leaving the nest in 3 more years, and I have a different lifestyle.

I'm sorry if my musings on my imaginary husband didn't seem appropriate. They were kind of a blend of the things I do in the evenings now, and the things I would like to do if I had someone to do them with.

Old 05-06-2015, 06:48 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,923,282 times
hide in my man cave

Old 05-06-2015, 06:56 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,923,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Typical week night:

1. Dinner
2. Go for a walk or bike ride to the playground (weather permitting)
3. He oversees the kids getting cleaned up and changed for bed while I clean up after dinner (or vice versa)
4. TV
5. Send the kids to bed
6. While we're waiting for them to fall asleep, he usually writes and I either pop onto C-Data, read, or get some schoolwork done
7. Have a roll in the Temperpedic hay before he goes to sleep and I bask in the quite solitude
love that! lmao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships