Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 05:44 PM

609 posts, read 615,549 times

Advertisements

Either through death or breaking up or other circumstances...How did you deal with it? How do you move on and how can you even love another person down the road?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 06:00 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
I preoccupy myself until time does it's magic.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:20 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,043,463 times
Hard drugs and drunken benders.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:30 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,086,783 times
Yeah, quite a few drunken nights alone.

I realized about six months after my divorce that I'll never get over it.

But I will get past it.

Time & space regarding loving others, I s'pose.

Last edited by YAZ; 05-12-2015 at 06:31 PM.. Reason: add

Old 05-12-2015, 06:46 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
I treat it the same way I do with my depression and accept that the process is similar to grief.

* Try to consciously eat healthy. I tend to forget to eat or simply eat crappy.. which leads to worse.
* Go for walks or low level exercise.
* Allow for extra time for sleep.
* Preoccupy my mind with other things. I read a lot during these times. I normally read non-fiction but during these times I gravitate towards fiction.
* Followed by time periods in which I "allow" myself to "grieve".
* Keep eye's forward on the next day and remind yourself it will all get better.
* I avoid the typical medications that doctors throw at me... Supplements seems have helped take the edge off.
* Avoid alcohol... I am not a heavy drinker BUT when I'm depressed, I have drank too much... and the next day feel worse.
* Lean on close friends and family for support...

It takes time...

Old 05-12-2015, 07:32 PM

768 posts, read 718,778 times
I'm going through this now. He ended ltr after I gave him 2nd chance. This sucks! I have no friends or family nearby who I can lean on. I don't drink. He won't answer the phone, return calls nor respond to text msgs. He was contacting me twice a day until about a week ago. I am packing so I can go home. A lot of his stuff is still here which doesn't help. I have no idea what he plans to do about it. And now, I have hurt myself & can't even do any packing which was helping me not think about it. I'm down from 4 to having 2 serious cries a day now. I never want to be in a serious relationship again!

Old 05-12-2015, 07:44 PM

48,531 posts, read 34,851,331 times
I lost my first husband 8 years ago. How did I deal with it? One damn day at a time. I gave myself two years to grieve and waited until then to start dating. There was no sense in grabbing random guys and taking them on my emotional roller coaster. That would have been detrimental to everyone.

I have been blessed to have found my current husband.

Both are loves of my life. Love is limitless, so you can't use it all up on one person.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-12-2015, 08:16 PM

609 posts, read 615,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
There was no sense in grabbing random guys and taking them on my emotional roller coaster. That would have been detrimental to everyone.
That is where I am headed. That is where my emotions have taken me and I know it's not healthy, but connecting with other men could help. Of course, it took me almost three decades to find the one I had, so it's not like any of these people will even compare.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:26 PM

7 posts, read 3,766 times
"In God we trust, everyone else keep their hands where we can see them".....

Old 05-13-2015, 04:36 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseLikeAnyOther View Post
Either through death or breaking up or other circumstances...How did you deal with it? How do you move on and how can you even love another person down the road?
I became a spiritual mute monk...

I just do the best I can to build my best life by myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships