Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 08:41 PM

9 posts, read 9,626 times

Advertisements

When you look up love a boring definition comes up. How is anyone supposed to know if they are truly in love with some one.

-Is it the butterflies we get whenever we see them?
-Is it how you can't stop blushing when they look at you?
-Do you get all warm and feel your palms start to sweat?
-Would you die for that person?

Love is real so why can't we describe it?
Sure it's a feeling but so is sadness and depression but we can describe those almost perfectly, so where is the real definition of love?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 12:52 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,000 times
To be honest, I've never been in love before. I wouldn't know how it feels.

Old 05-19-2015, 12:57 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,417,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriKnows View Post
When you look up love a boring definition comes up. How is anyone supposed to know if they are truly in love with some one.

-Is it the butterflies we get whenever we see them?
-Is it how you can't stop blushing when they look at you?
-Do you get all warm and feel your palms start to sweat?
-Would you die for that person?

Love is real so why can't we describe it?
Sure it's a feeling but so is sadness and depression but we can describe those almost perfectly, so where is the real definition of love?
How to describe love as a feeling and a verb..

Have you ever loved a pet animal?
How did you feel?

You felt affectionate towards the animal; you felt affection from him/her.
You didn't feel judged, and you felt accepted for all that you are.
You felt understood.
You felt elated to see your pet, and sad at the thought of him/her in pain and dying.
Your love wasn't asked for. It was natural, and the love from your pet was also natural.

You love someone when you don't let your ego get in the way, vice versa.

Old 05-19-2015, 01:03 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,433,425 times
Great. Now I have Foreigner in my head.

Old 05-19-2015, 01:07 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,417,185 times
Here ya go! You can thank me later..

Old 05-19-2015, 01:10 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,455,752 times
"Love" as a feeling or emotion:
Love encompasses many feelings, Love is not (just) singular "feeling" or emotion. It is the embodiment of everything you feel.

When we choose to love another:
"Love" is the personal choice to act on how we feel.

Last edited by rego00123; 05-19-2015 at 01:28 AM..

Old 05-19-2015, 05:13 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,057,672 times
Love is also a commitment. As far as feelings, yes a person in love will 'feel' warm and fuzzy emotions. . . however, problems arise when people base the quality/quantity of love on feelings. Our feelings change many times during the day, and if we're not feeling loving, or upset at our partner, it is a huge mistake to start thinking that perhaps the love is dying.

A strong and healthy union is not measured by how we feel; nor is it going to bed together. It is getting up each day and facing what life brings that cements a union. Still 'loving' and being committed to each other when the plumbing is stopped up; we're not feeling good and not at our best; when the car breaks down; when we lose a job; when the kids are driving parents up the wall; when finances are dwindling; etc.

Old 05-19-2015, 05:35 AM

468 posts, read 483,968 times
Love is sacrifice, love is never selfish. Love is put their happiness above yours. Love is want them to be happy, even if that means they with someone else.

I don't know what love is. But I know this, after all the years knowing my husband, I still get nervous when he stand in front of me. When I see him walk up, I still get nervous.
And this is ridiculously funny becasue we are not stranger. We from the same neighborhood. I'm the girl in his neighborhood. So he is my neighbor, my friend, my boyfriend, and now is my husband. Why the heck am I still nervous? Shheshh

I still caught him stares at me. He still stares at me, still flirts with me like when he chase me. The way he looks at me is still like day one.
He still that guy that help carry my laundry, the guy that always help me out, help this 4'11 tall girl in his neighborhood.

Eversince married him, all I have to do with cooking, wash dishes and do light cleaning. All the heavy cleaning and heavy things around the house, he do it all. And he is the guy that work 12-14 hours everyday so we can have enough money for a house down-payment.
Everytime when I cook him his late dinner, when I prepare put food out on the table. He always grab my hands and kiss both of my hands.

He still is the over-protective guy, he doesn't even let me carried a bag of grocery. He doesn't even let me get a chair to climb on to change the light bulb, he thinks I'm gonna fall, lol

Talking about nervous. When I don't have feelings for a guy, I don't get nervous at all.
But when I have feelings for the guy, then I get all nervous.

I'm an extrovert person. I talk to everybody, I'm talkative. I always have the sunshine smile on my face. I even go out of my way to help strangers/Homeless on the street.
When I was in High school and college; I take alot of dance classes and I was in dance team, I love to dance. I have no problem with dancing on stage, in front of alot of people watching have their eyes on me.
I have no problem talking to guys. I don't get nervous in front of guys, I see them like my buddies.
BUT uh... when it come to my husbad, I become a little sheep, lol

He have the "Street smart", his looks, his clothes, his styles, his fac,e his voice, his charm. Mr. 'street smart' Libra here, and Libra men mostly are all good looking men.
The feelings of love is nervous and scary at the same timn, you will know it when it come.

Love is when a Libra guy who 6'1 tall and weight 170 lbs, he got the ideal height and weight and the looks.
But he married a girl who only 4'11 and she short and curvy, with more meat on her butt and legs, yet he still find her attractive enough to married her; that got to be love, LOL my poor husband.

Last edited by ishe; 05-19-2015 at 06:47 AM..

Old 05-19-2015, 05:48 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
G$&damned if I know. I don't even think I'll ever be in a viable situation to experience it.

Old 05-19-2015, 05:56 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,343,102 times
"Love means never having to say you're sorry." .... from the novel and movie Love Story.

ha..ha supposed to sound deep but means nothing ..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships