Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 12:48 PM

32 posts, read 29,088 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Since recently I'm single again and to be honest, I couldn't be happier. Ok, I'm almost 28, and my family is already thinking that I'll never find someone. But I just feel happy because I feel like I can do whatever I want, and there is no drama, no fighting, nothing like that. In my previous relationship I wasn't happy in the end, because my boyfriend made a lot of drama about everything, we fought a lot and I often felt that I was better without him. Now I feel happy and I don't even feel the need to start dating again, I honestly would be happy to just stay single and maybe one day meet someone, who knows. By the way, I'm also not into one night stands, so being single doesn't mean random hookups to me. I also feel fulfilled by my job and my friends, and traveling.

Most single friends I have are quite the opposite. They really wanna date, they really wanna get married, and some are desperate for kids (Yes, even men). I feel like they're not completely happy because they're driving theirselves crazy about it. I thought I would be the same, but I realized I am not, and that's an incredible feeling.

So, I just wanted to see what your opinion is on this. Singles, how old are you and how long have you been single for? Are you happy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2015, 01:25 PM

51 posts, read 60,425 times
I am single, 25 years old woman. I have been single for most of my life, just had two short relationships that were not super serious. This year has been my happiest year ever, and I think I feel like I am really lucky to have such a great life. So, I'm happy to be alone. I just think it would be wonderful to have someone to love and be loved and share this happiness of mine. I have to say it is my own fault to be single, guys ask my out quite often. But I am really that type of woman, I have a HUGE crush on one guy and can't even think about anyone else.. then become super shy around him... So my relationships begin only if I am super-lucky and the One Guy that I have crush on happens to like me and is brave enough to do something even when I am too shy to even talk to him, just giving shy little smiles.

So Ladies and Gentlemen, I have a big respect for everyone having courage enough to do something. Really.

Old 06-07-2015, 01:36 PM

720 posts, read 500,923 times
I'm thirty-five and single. I've been single for a little over year now. I'm pretty content. I miss having a special lady, I miss the sex, but I'm content. I might be going on a trip to Chattanooga later on this year and it would good to go with someone, but it's looking like I'm going alone. Eh, it is what it is.

I will say, though, as far as your situation is concerned OP, for the next five years or so everyone you know in the whole wide world will be getting married and want to post about it on Facebook. I'm just saying.

Old 06-07-2015, 01:58 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,176,092 times
I have a pal in his late 30, single never married, is perfectly happy. I don't think he has date anyone long term either.

Old 06-07-2015, 02:02 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,967,013 times
Me! Me! Me! Love being single. I do date, but not looking for commitment or to commit at this time.

Old 06-07-2015, 02:06 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
I've had 3 short relationships in my life. I took a break after my last break up. Honestly, I'm ok with being single.

Old 06-07-2015, 02:18 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times
Count me in as a happy single. After being married for a long time and now divorced for 10 months, I am so enjoying my alone time in my own place. I have very occasional moments of romantic wistfulness or feeling lonesome, but being single is far less lonely than being lonely in a relationship.

Old 06-07-2015, 02:20 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
If I could date I'd probably be a lot happier being single because at least I am moving in a direction that could end up with me finding someone to make me happy. But nope, I'm single, can't find a date to save my life, let alone just have a conversation with a woman without them insulting me, and it sucks pretty hard.

Old 06-07-2015, 02:42 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
I'd be a lot happier as a single guy if I had a source of occasional sex.

Old 06-07-2015, 02:50 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,273,295 times
I'm your age op. Happily single.

But I don't plan on it being a long term thing. My family isn't worried about me even though I will be 30 in 2.5 years. I get regularly pursued and hit on virtually all the time. I'm single by choice. Relationships make me anxious and stressed. I'm also in grad school and work and I have a kid so I'm too busy. I plan on trying to get in a relationship until I graduate next year. The only reason I want marriage is because I want more kids. But I'm not desperate. I'm content and feel my best when Im single. I really miss sex though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships