Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should only broke guys get married?
I'm a man and I say yes 15 35.71%
I'm a woman and I say yes 0 0%
I'm a man and I say no 10 23.81%
I'm a woman and I say no 17 40.48%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 06:13 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,705,993 times

Advertisements

The Red Pill forum is over at reddit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2015, 06:35 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,250,476 times
Good luck in finding a woman willing to marry a broke man.

Old 06-16-2015, 06:40 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
I think that any marriage with financial considerations as the primary motivation for it is doomed -- and that goes for men AND women.

Old 06-16-2015, 06:43 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
There is so many advantages to being broke.

Old 06-16-2015, 06:47 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,897 times
Actually,Women are worse off in divorce than Men

Old 06-16-2015, 07:26 AM

48,531 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
The only time alimony becomes an issue is when there's a 50% difference in income. Most cases that isn't an issue. An unmarried man sires a child he is still liable to pay child support to the mother independent of marriage.
This. I don't know how many times I have posted to men here that they really, really should consider the financial status (work, retirement, etc.) of a woman they may marry. I don't know many couples who have divorced and even less that have paid alimony, including my husband.

Child support? Of course..... you need to contribute financially and personally to any life you make.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-16-2015, 07:40 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
I personally don't think any man should get married if he can help it. But if a rich dude wants to get married, fine, just make sure you have a super tight prenup reviewed by the best lawyer you can find.

Old 06-16-2015, 07:43 AM

1,568 posts, read 1,119,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
The OP's premise assumes that:

1. All women earn less than all men.
2. Divorce always benefits the woman and never the man.
2. Women see men only as a source of income and a baby daddy.
3. All marriages will end in divorce, and it's always the woman's fault.
4. All wives cheat.
5. Men should not be obligated to support their children if the woman leaves them for another man.

Any man who holds such negative, cynical, stereotyped assumptions about women should never marry, no matter how rich or poor he is, because it won't end well.
Good points.

1. 60% of the top 10% are male 90% of the top 1% are male(even though in the rest of the population women are starting to out earn males).

2. so far only 6 states have gender neutral laws, 80% of alimony is paid to females nation wide.

3. not all, but enough do to make it worth the risk.

4. 70% of divorces are files by women, and we have a 50% divorce rate. my parents were married 53 years, these days thats the exception not the rule.

5. actually no, unless they come to live with him, if a woman no longer wants the man she should not be entitled to his money. exceptions being if he beat her or the kids. if she left because he was bored, then tough luck.

Actually every man sitting in divorce court having his life ripped away is having it done at the behest of a woman that claimed at one time to love them.
Not all women are bad, but enough are that men should protect themselves.

Old 06-16-2015, 07:50 AM

48,531 posts, read 34,851,331 times
While I do believe that the current court system favors women/mothers, it is a rebound from when women/mothers had almost no rights. I think the pendulum needs to swing to the middle.

I call bull on only supporting your kids in certain situations, that's not how it works. People get divorced for all kinds of reasons, and it is no ones business the details. The divorce rate is not 50% but those with personal agendas are not going to look at the math/data to see that.

Bottom line, if you do not want to get married, don't. You don't need to post some manifesto to the world to live your life how you want.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-16-2015, 08:02 AM

881 posts, read 2,253,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post

Actually every man sitting in divorce court having his life ripped away is having it done at the behest of a woman that claimed at one time to love them.
Not all women are bad, but enough are that men should protect themselves.
And yet divorced men are more likely than divorced women to get remarried...

Poor people are far less likely to married (the reasons should be obvious). Instead successful educated people are more likely to be married to people like themselves.

ps: the divorce rate isn't 50% and hasn't been for a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships