Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 08:58 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times

Advertisements

If you're a flirt, do you tend to flirt with everyone? Or do you generally just flirt with those you find attractive? Are you even aware you're doing it, is it intentional or is it subconscious?

If you're in LTR/Married, did that change things for you or is just a part of your personality?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 09:30 AM

4,565 posts, read 5,419,304 times
I am not a "self proclaimed flirt" but my wife thinks Im a flirt. To me, I just see it as being nice and open to people. I dont think I am aware of it with most people, but sometimes I think I do it more to the more attractive women. But for the most part, its just part of my personality.

The wife says "You always seem to find and talk to the cutest and sexiest women dont you?". I just tell her "Hey, Im a friendly guy and people seem to like me".

Old 07-07-2015, 09:37 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
I think I do it with everyone. I'm aware when I'm doing it on purpose (which I don't anymore because I'm happily married) but I think that something about my natural demeanor comes off as flirtatious because people still think I'm a flirt.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:40 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
I don't think it's necessarily intentional, but more a case of not realizing how my personality can come across. I grew up in an all-male environment, so I'm most comfortable palling around with the guys... but then I remember "Oh wait, I'm a grown up; it doesn't work that way anymore." I just love men in general but, ironically, I make a concerted effort not to pal around too much if I'm really attracted to someone... I guess because at that point it's not just being friendly anymore, and I don't want to cross that line. As far as the Mr. goes... he's got [URL="http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Kavorka"]the kavorka[/URL], so women of all ages flirt with him constantly, but he's a good boy.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:07 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
According to people who know me...I'm a flirt.

Personally I don't think I am, and believe I am way too shy to flirt. My friends tell me my demeanor comes off as very flirtatious when I talk to men. They say I have a certain "look", accompanied by the fact that I am constantly laughing, smiling, and joking. I typically do that with anyone, that's just how I am around people when I get comfortable.

Most men I have been attracted to...I never had to intetionally flirt. If I did, it just came naturally. To me it's all about being comfortable and organic. I am NOT an expert, but flirting is not that difficult. In fact, if every guy I talk to believes I am flirting with them, then it's extremely easy.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:20 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
I don't proclaim to be anything, but I am outgoing/sociable out in public.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:44 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,779 times
I'm a natural flirt and flirt with people I'm attracted to and/or people who pretty much understand that I'm just having fun and don't take it to mean I'm especially interested if that makes sense. I try to be careful not to give anyone the wrong impression.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:48 AM

20,393 posts, read 14,667,898 times
I am open and highly social, to me that isn't flirting. That's just being friendly. I'm like that with most anyone, and it used to annoy me half to death when someone implied that I should in any fashion restrict that due to being married. I don't need a chaperone to talk to a male person in the world, I'm not going home with him or something just because we're passing small talk about the weather, or having even a discussion on any sort of topic.

However, there are settings where I loosen up and play, and there I am definitely and deliberately a flirt. I sling and catch innuendo, I imply things. I usually do this with people I find attractive, or people that I've been friends with for a very long time so they know I'm only joking. When I was married, I would do this with my GWAR friends on trips away from home. Was I flirting with some of those people? Sure. Did they expect I'd follow through? Not a chance. I read people well, and the ones that might actually try and follow-up were the ones I kept rock solid boundaries in place with. Take for instance this one photographer friend...he and I flirted a lot. But he knew I was married and I knew I wasn't his type (he actually prefers men, I think, he is bi though, and he gets gorgeous women, he's kinda out of my league.) But we jokingly flirted a lot, we are very friendly, it goes as far as sneaking up and tickling the other person or something...zero expectation of sex--even if I wanted to, I don't think he would. He was "safe" to play those games with. Still I was always situationally aware and never alone with anyone.

So there have been times I've enjoyed that kind of interaction, but I try to be careful and structure them for safety and make sure it's all entertainment, no engagement.

If I'm going to have sex with someone, I don't need to flirt. I just tell them. I'm not a kid anymore, so if I play that game, I play it in earnest, cards on the table and no BS.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:52 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,790 times
Friends = formal

Relationship = flirting

I appreciate whenever a guy chooses to not flirt with me.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:05 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,180,605 times
I used to flirt constantly, & shamelessly
with people who flirted with me spontaneasly.........

But 2 things changed:

#1 What I do for a living--
I cannot mix business & pleasure......
too unprofessional.

#2 The constant flow of married men who
shamelessly flirt & aggressively pursuit me......

That seriously makes me disgusted
when I see any married people flirting.....

BTW its just as bad with married women
flirting & actively trying to bed
down my good looking male friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships