Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 12:44 AM

123 posts, read 124,335 times

Advertisements

Also, what did you take away from each relationship?
Also, which ones did you live with and for how long?
During what years were you totally single?

and what do you conclude from all this?

So I guess this is a thread about everyone's relationship (or lack of relationship) history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2015, 01:36 AM

600 posts, read 1,028,605 times
No relationship history here

Old 07-15-2015, 04:18 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Why do you need so much information on other people's lives like this?

Old 07-15-2015, 08:55 AM

19,721 posts, read 20,250,128 times
You can purchase my autobiography for 5 easy payments of $19.99!

Old 07-15-2015, 09:10 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Why do you need so much information on other people's lives like this?

Yeah, why do you want to know? What business is it of yours?

Old 07-15-2015, 09:15 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrixliz View Post

So I guess this is a thread about everyone's relationship (or lack of relationship) history.
Why do you assume people "conclude" anything about their relationship histories? What an odd question.

Old 07-15-2015, 09:18 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
More than I wish I had.

Less than most.

Old 07-15-2015, 09:21 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Enlighten us on why you want to know?

Old 07-15-2015, 09:38 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrixliz View Post

Hmm...going back to HS/when I started dating? I don't know that I'd call those "relationships," per se, but they were age appropriate ones, and fairly lengthy, if not ultra intimate.

I dated a guy most of my senior year of HS, he was older and my dad hated him, although he was very nice. I did break up with him when I was getting ready to go away for college, I was not keen on a relationship that would have spanned about 800 miles at that point.

Nobody at my college dated, unless the came in with a BF/GF from home. There was more of a hooking up/FWB culture than "dating" or "relationships," and that wasn't my bag. I had a long-term crush that was unreciprocated through most of college, so that kind of curtailed dating for me, anyway. I dated one guy kind of halfheartedly through about half of my junior year, but he was a year older, graduated, and moved to the West Coast. We did an LDR through the summer, but it died out.

I spent my twenties casually dating, mostly. I had one on-and-off guy from about 25-27 where I'd have called him a boyfriend some of that time, but mostly it was just dating and seeing people with no real strings attached. I had a really busy newspaper job, lived by myself in a sweet apartment from 23-30, and keeping things non-serious worked for me.

When I was 30, I met a guy and we moved in together pretty quickly. I actually moved to his city/state (I'd been looking for another job, anyway, so it worked out). We lived together for five years.

I met my now-husband when I was almost 36, after my breakup with the previous guy, while I was living on my own. We dated exclusively for about 8 months, and then he asked me to move in to his place. I did, and while I was unpacking, he proposed. We got married about six months later.

So I've lived with two guys - one from age 30-35, and my husband, from 36 to present time. I spent all of my twenties alternating between casual dating and being totally single. I spent most of college totally single by choice as well.

There isn't a lot of takeaway or pattern to it, for me, except that I definitely wasn't ready for serious, cohabiting, lifesharing relationships until I was approaching thirty, and I definitely wasn't ready for marriage until later than that. Serious relationships and marriage and kids were the furthest thing from my mind in my twenties. I came from a small, rural community where early marriage/young families were pretty common, and always knew it was not my thing.

As far as what I took away from each relationship, each could be a novel in and of itself.

Old 07-15-2015, 09:41 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,836,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
You can purchase my autobiography for 5 easy payments of $19.99!
Can I get the first few chapters for $.99?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships